Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

caffeine + ccfp

at 100% fats, it reduces sleep bonus usage by 33%, but when you're using caffeine with 200% usage rate at 100 power, instead of being 1x0.67x2 for 1.34x sleep bonus usage, it's just 1x1.67 because it's subtracting the fats multiplier from the caffeine multiplier instead of just being a multiplier itself. not sure if that's how it's intended to be, but that seems really odd when you're using 2.5x the sleep bonus for 100% more skillgain when the icon is saying it's 2x.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 2

> using 2.5x the sleep bonus for 100% more skillgain

I can't quite follow how you calculated that or where the 2.5 multiplier is coming from?

And thanks for starting the discussion, its important to know if the SB drain rate is indeed higher than the skillgain factor because that determines how its used (whether you should integrate it into normal training or only use it for fast-drain when you otherwise would overflow)

0.67 (rate with full fats, no caffeine)

1.67 (rate with full fats, full caffeine)

0.67x2.5=1.67

• Like 1

Thanks for writing it out, I probably need some coffee myself for not picking that up 😅

Made some kahvesi last night and caffeine boon wore off seemingly normally.  Cut to just now, around 20 hrs later and no coffee boons are shown however i still get the message [You feel your fatigue and sleep bonus drain slightly faster from the effects of caffeine.]  Are these not clearing properly?

Confirmed that i am still getting the caffeine message despite not having the boons or anymore caffeine since.

2 hours ago, Minotaurus said:

Confirmed that i am still getting the caffeine message despite not having the boons or anymore caffeine since.

On 10/29/2021 at 6:25 PM, Minotaurus said:

Made some kahvesi last night and caffeine boon wore off seemingly normally.  Cut to just now, around 20 hrs later and no coffee boons are shown however i still get the message [You feel your fatigue and sleep bonus drain slightly faster from the effects of caffeine.]  Are these not clearing properly?

This has been fixed and will be deployed next update.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 10:58 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

at 100% fats, it reduces sleep bonus usage by 33%, but when you're using caffeine with 200% usage rate at 100 power, instead of being 1x0.67x2 for 1.34x sleep bonus usage, it's just 1x1.67 because it's subtracting the fats multiplier from the caffeine multiplier instead of just being a multiplier itself. not sure if that's how it's intended to be, but that seems really odd when you're using 2.5x the sleep bonus for 100% more skillgain when the icon is saying it's 2x.

We're discussing internally how we want to handle this.

• Like 1

Hit 1 hour left on fatigue and was met with this message "[23:19:24] The influence of caffeine vanishes as your fatigue overpowers you." which seemed to instantly remove my caffeine effect. I'm assuming this is an intended limit to how much fatigue you can blow through under the effects of caffeine, however it's bypassed by simply drinking again allowing you to regain the effects of caffeine while still being below 1 hour fatigue. Very minor bug, if anything.

21 hours ago, Keenan said:

We're discussing internally how we want to handle this.

If using a mechanic makes it wasteful to use your resources (sb in this case), then a lot of people will choose to not use it.

It'd be a shame if you guys added an awesome update (there has been people saying beverages is lackluster compared to cooking which this update presumably changed) only to make it not worth using.

Sure, some very casual players who has, let's say <5h of game play a week, might use it, but you will unfortunately make most people who cares a moderate amount about efficiency not use the mechanic if you make it stay the way it currently works according to OP.

My opinion is to fix it. The fatigue part should prevent it from being OP for hardcores while still being mostly useful for casuals anyway. The difference is that it'll make it a viable mechanic for hardcores to use too.

Edited by Borstaskor

Actually, @Oblivionnreaverdid you test if it consumes 1.5x or 2x fatigue for 300% skill gain? If it's 2x for 300% skill gain, then it'd still be better for hardcores to not use caffeine and consume 1x fatigue for 200% skill gain with SB. So even if they did fix it, it might still be punishing to use if the fatigue drain is 2x for 300% skill gain using SB.

Edit: Dear god, it consumes 4x fatigue at 100 power? I guess it's a mechanic that can't really be used during weekends then for a lot of people.

Edited by Borstaskor