Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

FIXED - > No audible burning sounds w/ nearby lit ovens/forge

For me this is first time I ever noticed this effect. The first time I lit forge and ovens in my Tall house here on deed Cornersville on Indy, since the patch, I am getting no audible burning sound. I have 2 ovens and 1 forge lit. All 3 are silent.

I did try to relog. I logged on an alt. The alt also had no burning audio for the lit burners.

So I put my hand in the fire. They all appear to be hot enough. Just no sound. When u have time.

Teeebomb

Will update this post after emergency update here in a bit.

01 Nov 2021, 07:27 am EST:

Ok.. after the last updates and hot fixes... the 2 ovens and forge in a building (Teeebomb's Tall House) on my deed (Cornersville) here on indy, still make no noise when burning. Other on deed burners do seem to make noise.

They are burning now, no noise, if someone wants to come witness the glitch. (tosses peat into his burners to extend the painful silence).

Edited by TeeeBOMB
fixed
  • Like 1

Ok. Still no sound from my burning ovens/forge, even after the hot fix update.

I'm guessing the sound was attached to old the fire particle effect and they forgot to add it to the new one?

Maybe the forge/oven burning sound hamster stepped out to use the privy, then never came back? Prolly don't need to work is getting COVID 19 lost work checks from the gov't. Could be getting about time to outsource that position.

This is still borked. Update at bottom of 1st post of this thread.

Working on a fix for this and some other issues relating to me messing with the client the new forge/oven/still effects.

• Light given off is way too bright at high QL
  • No flicker of light as before
  • No sound
  • Effects not always removed
  • Extra corona/glow around fire.

It'll likely be out next week as I don't think I can complete the work before Thursday. I basically tried being clever, and the result wasn't what I wanted. It also didn't help that I tested with music going in my headphones!

Yes the highest flame seems to be a bit of a projected image on a sheet of glass in front of the fire area - resembles a bit to me to the cheap electric fireplaces with the fire effect.

I know there is industrial music but never thought fire grooves are a thing is pop culture :)

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 8:40 PM, Keenan said:

It'll likely be out next week as

My ovens/forge on my deed (Cornersville) in Teeebomb's Tall House, on Indy server.. still has no sound when burning. In case you were wondering. Hope u get it fixed. Sorry the extra work. Thanks for the update !

11 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

My ovens/forge on my deed (Cornersville) in Teeebomb's Tall House, on Indy server.. still has no sound when burning. In case you were wondering. Hope u get it fixed. Sorry the extra work. Thanks for the update !

Yeah, hit a snag with it! I'll post an update when it's ready.