Sign in to follow this  
Gwiz

Deed Guestbook

A plantable item that looks like an open book on a pedestal (or something like that) that any player can sign and it records the toon's name with a datestamp and maybe a short (128 char?) message. Can only be signed by each toon once every 24 hours to prevent spam. Messages are only readable by the character who planted it. 

This would be nice to have when people visit your deed when you are offline. Could also be used at events to record who attended.

• Like 7

+1

Really like the idea of a guestbook, but I think visibility of messages should be configured by the person who planted the guestbook. It might be fun as an explorer to see who has been to a deed before you.

• Like 2

Nice idea. Xanadu seems pretty empty a lot of the time. This could help remind me it's not a single player game.

• Like 1

I like this idea!  I'd love to know when someone stopped by to visit my deed when I'm not there, logged off, taking a break, etc.  It would help make the world feel a little more alive. 

I fear the 'leave a message' feature could be used for abuse/trolling, but we can already send letters in the mail.  Perhaps make the note length depend on reed pen quality and ink quality as with letters?  Now there's a nice incentive to make a high quality reed pen and find high quality ink (which are criminally underused imho).

I used to keep a handful of iron coins in my pocket so that when exploring, I could add 1 iron coin to upkeep and then would show up in the settlement history as having stopped by.  I thought about encouraging players to use this idea as a 'calling card', but deed tokens aren't always easy to find.  Plus, let's be honest, how often does anyone look at  Manage -> Settlement ->Settlement History to notice?

So yes, a +1 from me as well.

Edited by Sidereal