Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 28/OCT/2021

8 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

There don't appear to be any tile type based limitations for hatching, just for laying.

That's good to know! I was always under the impression they had to be outdoors on a dirt or grass tile, so this will make it a lot easier to keep an eye on potentially fertile eggs. Thank you! :)

Anyone else surprised to learn we all have "fat layers"?

• Like 1

Some fantastic updates in today's patch notes!  Wowza!

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix: Guards will only need to be called once, and will leave mines to come help
  • Bugfix: Fixed grammar errors when using ‘it’s’ and ‘its’
  • Bugfix: Passengers disembarking vehicles onto bridges should no longer be launched into the air
  • Change: Pregnancy timers have been reworked:
    • Pregnancy time estimates now have variable accuracy and precision, based on Animal Husbandry skill. Your character’s estimate will be inaccurate by a random amount, like before, but now will become more accurate with skill, reaching 100% accuracy at 90 skill. The estimate is rounded to the nearest day at low skill, the nearest hour at 50-80 skill, and the nearest minute at 80+ skill.
  • New: When sending mail, the event message stating the time until arrival will also display the recipient’s name
  • New: Tweaks to Furnaces
    • Added an event message for when fire is fading in a furnace

I....I just.... *sobbing noises of gratitude*

I see no mention of tea-pots or tea-cups, which I think we saw in screenshots earlier in the week.

• Like 1

Found your teapot:

Change: Brass oil lamp now has an updated model

Just now, Bekador said:

Found your teapot:

Change: Brass oil lamp now has an updated model

that is not a tee pot lol, not keeping my coffee in that

15 minutes ago, FIREDRAGON said:

Nice patches, the real question is how long will the maintenance be?

Wondering too, would like to get on before I have to go to work today, lol

Very nice! Thanks for all of the hard work Dev Team! Lots of good stuff there

wow, great changes - nice job everyone, thanks!! ❤️

* Harvesting from trees seemed slow, comparing it to a bush harvest as test - it takes 2x the time

Change: Unfinished items will now turn into finished items in the same location they sat at, and will no longer drop in front of the player upon completion

Change: Added the ability to untame creatures using the right click menu

Change: Small anvils are now usable on the ground

Change: Increased rename limits from 20 characters to 32 (for player added descriptions)

Change: Items that are no-drop on death will now show “Deathkept” and/or “Starter” on tooltip hover

New: Coffee, tea, and cocoa drinks added. You can find the seeds through foraging.

New: UI additions to help players know why they may be walking slowly

New: Added key binding compatibility for spyglass “spy” and pendulum “use” actions

Added an event message for when fire is fading in a furnace.
Fire state will now be visible for ovens, forges, and stills

New: Added 3 new ways to call the guards

Added a back button the Crafting Recipe window

OMG what is this patch?! So many good things!!! 

Bugfix: Passengers disembarking vehicles onto bridges should no longer be launched into the air

LOL

Bugfix: Tree harvesting using a sickle will now scale the timer correctly considering rarity, quality, and enchantments on the sickle

wow that was a bug? I guess someone's bitching about slow harvest-times really paid off :D

7 hours ago, DevBlog said:

New: Gems that have favor stored in them will now display ‘Radiant’ in front of the name, in order to distinguish them more easily from non-vesseled gems

Yay!

• Like 1

New: UI additions to help players know why they may be walking slowly

That's a death sentence to the CA HELP channel. So sad. 

• Like 1

Change: Improved hay tile creation timer for new players

This might be bugged. 1:07 to cut grass with a scythe for hay/gathering grass. Farming in the upper 50s and gardening in the upper 40s. It was around 40~45 sec before the update.

8 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Pregnancy times on Defiance and Elevation are still significantly shorter than other servers

Why was it made 5x longer? Things were looking pretty good for this patch until I discoved that you didn't just fix the timer but ruined it at the same time, its hard enough to breed a decent horse in this new system without making it take longer to breed bad horses too. The point of having a shorter gestation is to make it easier to access an essential tool for pvp, this is not the case between the overhaul and now this update too.

• Like 4

One of the best patch notes I've seen.

If this is the new priority/focus, then I'm all for it!

I must say that I was overwhelmed by both amount and quality of changes. Great thankyou again to the whole development team. Certainly this has not been accomplished over a short period of time. So thanks also to Samool, who certainly had his share of works on it.

Great update!  Lots of time and hard work put into QoL upgrades.  

Will we be allowed to plant cocoa beans the same way we can plant coffee beans and tea seeds?

Thank you

Sign in to follow this