Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 28/OCT/2021

I just wanted to say thank you to the team for these great bugfixes, I finally was able to go through the list this morning. I'm super excited to see these changes, they give me much happiness ^.^! Happy Halloween! Time for me to get busy with this event =D

Wow... so many updates. Got to say something nice.

Nice 😄 

(Am already hoarding coffee beans and tea seeds!!)

Literally took me forever to read through all the updates. Busy! Thanks Wurm team.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Small anvils are now usable on the ground

WOOHOO!   Thank you!  This is a minor change but a major improvement.  🎉

New: Players can now fillet meat and fish when riding an animal or embarked on a vehicle

Thank you!

New: Added Waybread as a starter food item. This is no-drop/no-trade.

WTB bulk waybread!  When will this be "craftable"?

Allround impressive list of patches.

• Like 1

Omg, thank you for the icon indicating drunk time and power of drunkness when you drink booze, not sure its even on the patch list. Wanted that indicator for so long. really true refreshment to see patch notes and update like this :) good job

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Literally took me forever to read through all the updates. Busy! Thanks Wurm team.

"Literally" - an Inigo Montoya quote is called for here.  😜

On 10/28/2021 at 6:18 AM, Bittereinder said:

W00t

100% the best part of this patch.

New: When sending mail, the event message stating the time until arrival will also display the recipient’s name

less anxiety

Edited by Yserin

Also, was it intentional that coffe ibrik be unimpable cuz that doesnt make much sense...

• Like 1

Great update overall!

However, my horses have been pregnant for 12+ hours when previously I would have a couple foals by now -- is this change intended?

• Like 1

Seems all the questions get answered these days unless its about why breeding timers have been nerfed or if selective breeding is supposed to no longer be possible.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 3:01 PM, DevBlog said:

New: Added the ability to stop leading creatures by right clicking the rope

Is this only meant for normal ropes, or should it work with halter ropes too? I don't see the option on the halter rope. 

Edit: It seems to work fine as long as the horse isn't wearing a bridle, but I don't see the option when there is a bridle equipped.

Edited by Vorticella

Thanks devs. There is a clear attention to the community in this patch. I will gladly pay my $10us this month and look forward to the many quality of live changes. 

-Bigtree

While I stand by my initial statement of appreciation for many long standing bugs being fixed, every day since the patch more and more new bugs are piling up.

Are all these new bugs going to be addressed, or are we working back to front, oldest bugs first?

4 hours ago, Dinant said:

While I stand by my initial statement of appreciation for many long standing bugs being fixed, every day since the patch more and more new bugs are piling up.

Are all these new bugs going to be addressed, or are we working back to front, oldest bugs first?

I'm sure there will be hotfixes. Wurm code is a beast so a single change is always starting a chain reaction, causing frustration on dev side and asking for patience on ours...

Amazing job to everyone who worked on this.  I cant wait to plant all the new seeds and try all the new stuff.   Love the Halloween event with the new fragments too

On 10/28/2021 at 2:29 PM, Toeol said:

Can we get confirmation as to if this means that eggs will now also hatch on these tiles?

Did this ever get confirmed? as CA's are still stating that they will now hatch on the tiles listed but nothing has been confirmed and the patch notes still specifically say "will lay eggs on tiles"

It would be really great if breeding could get some prioritisation to be fixed after being broken for 8 months now, the current form probably being worse than ever with dominant traits coming out less than parents, random other categories being thrown in and misc still being at an all time high. Selective breeding is still not possible not even from the fluke horse I managed to get after many months of trying.

yup... trait lottery is nonsense with it's chances.. transfer of existing good rolls is ok-ish, but starting from scratch or branching from existing draft to some hybrid is impossible.. there's no way to control traits or work toward mixing draft+speed horses to create ex overall good horse with 3s/2d.. normal horses with their pathetic speed are useless compared to alternatives, donkeys are op, mules are op.. horses are ditched.. I cant recall 1 story where donkey or mule was used as main puller instead of a horse, yet we're bidding on being big nice peasants enjoying mules and listening to donkey dying sounds 2-3x time longer sounds compared to sounds from other animals. Several things make no sense... While we have a bit better speeds that are now easier to get - ONCE we get to a good spot *somehow*, the new system is not better than the old one with it's rng ways. OK, we have no bad traits now, that's a +, even if that was just kind of .. disabled and not implemented with a way to fight it with skill somehow. These thigs could be listed in a better ways.. but by now I think players and devs are tired of it all, and just enjoy that it somewhat works to get reasonable results...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QUXNsUGKn8mkL9ix-kafZ_KJZJOAzdLwqwMAf53hT84/edit#gid=1189716159

over 100 foals and not one like the parents.... it has been nearly a year since this hot mess dropped on us and no one is answering questions or fixing anything

I give up, if these results are considered acceptable by the devs then I quit breeding, its ruined and not fun at all.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QUXNsUGKn8mkL9ix-kafZ_KJZJOAzdLwqwMAf53hT84/edit#gid=1189716159

over 100 foals and not one like the parents.... it has been nearly a year since this hot mess dropped on us and no one is answering questions or fixing anything

I give up, if these results are considered acceptable by the devs then I quit breeding, its ruined and not fun at all.

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for in foals, or maybe I'm just not reading the sheet correctly. You have 4 speed ebony parents, and there are plenty of 4 speed ebony foals listed there. Is it that you only want foals with exactly the same traits as the parents, or can you clarify what the problem actually is?

Edited by Vorticella

1 minute ago, Vorticella said:

can you clarify what the problem actually is?

53 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

not one like the parents...

As I've been saying from the start, selective breeding is no longer possible, not only was it near impossible to get those breeders but they do not breed foals with the same traits, not a single carbon copy only random 2-4 speeds with completely random extras.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

As I've been saying from the start, selective breeding is no longer possible, not only was it near impossible to get those breeders but they do not breed foals with the same traits, not a single carbon copy only random 2-4 speeds with completely random extras.

This is breeding, not cloning. Of course there should be randomness. No animal is an exact carbon copy of its parents. Just like in real life, these offspring are similar to the parents but they are also individuals with their own unique set of characteristics. That makes perfect sense and from what I can see in your chart it's working just fine if you adjust your expectations to look for more natural breeding outcomes and forget about "carbon copies".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vorticella said:

This is breeding, not cloning. Of course there should be randomness. No animal is an exact carbon copy of its parents. Just like in real life, these offspring are similar to the parents but they are also individuals with their own unique set of characteristics. That makes perfect sense and from what I can see in your chart it's working just fine if you adjust your expectations to look for more natural breeding outcomes and forget about "carbon copies".

Sorry, but in real biology heredity transmission follows the Mendel laws, and in more detailed ways, genetics, with dominant and recessive traits, and the possibility of mutations albeit at low probability, and most mutations having adverse adaptive value and are discarded within a few generations. Granted not all mechanisms (epigenetics for example) are fully understood but this is the baseline.

And I see this baseline represented extremely poorly. When breeding real animals, the outcome is fairly predictable, with surprises (mostly unpleasant) possible. But their is nothing like the random mess this change has caused. Not that I care a lot as long as enough of my vanilla 5speed and 120 trait points classic 8 traiters stay alive.

We see this reflected in the real world, too.

For example, my mother is a graceful eater but my brother is unusually strong-willed and I generally just look stationary.

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

Sign in to follow this