Sign in to follow this  
ctaylor77

Will this run Wurm?

Looking for recommendations for a small “couch” laptop that can play Wurm with ease and 2 acc’s at once. I prefer ASUS, most defiantly not a dell or HP please. 
Or even a site that I can custom make one and have it built is fine as well.

Money isnt really a issue, just size and weight. I dont plan on playing other games on it. If needed I can get a external SSD for more games.

thanks!

You can get away with an older laptop Intel Graphics with good FPS using Legacy Renderer.  I use a 6 year old laptop at times and works well with most graphics turned low and legacy renderer.  They fixed it to where you see rare effects and can place items too.  Used to be only able to do those with Modern Renderer.  I've noticed weather effects look better too for some reason.

Edited by nicedreams

Pretty sure legacy renderer is being removed at some point, might not be worth buying something with that in mind 

• Like 1

While it isn't technically a laptop, perhaps a Steam Deck, assuming the controls work well and you're willing to wait for it? You can just install the game on it and thus don't need Steam if you want to use the normal client. Though the screen might be a bit small for 2 clients. Price wise you likely can't beat the cheapest model and that sounds like plenty if you don't plan to install other games on it.

Edited by Ecrir

Can you use a mouse with it? Sorry I dont know much about this stuff. Just looking for something I can use on the couch thats small/light.

I find the recommended specs hilarious, at best.  I've sunk over 900usd in to graphics cards for this goofy game and got more FPS increase out of a newer processor less then half the cost.  I built a 1500usd computer that ran AAA games over 100fps on high settings yet if I turn shadows on in wurm I get 40fps.

Laughable, truly.   Those recommended specs are for 40fps at best if you intend to use shadows and see anything more then 10 tiles away.

Edited by Nomadikhan
Grammatical issues.

3 hours ago, ctaylor77 said:

Can you use a mouse with it? Sorry I dont know much about this stuff. Just looking for something I can use on the couch thats small/light.

It's got a usb port, and from what I can find it also has bluetooth, so a mouse should be no issue.

But I have no idea how Wurm would run on that thing, the game is rather demanding these days and I've never tried it on something that low spec.

My husband has played wurm on his MSI laptop, he bought it at Best Buy like 4 yrs ago.it was a bit pricey at the time he bought it but shouldnt cost that much anymore. 

MSI Gaming Laptop

GE72 Vr Apache pro

it will more than run the game

Intel 7th gen processor with Windows 10 64 byte system

gtx 1060 with 3 gb of DDR5 graphics card

system memory of 16gb of DDR4 ram at 2400

128GB  SSD card

1 TB Hard drive

it does weigh about 6 or 7 lbs but being an OTR trucker my husband hasnt had any issues with this laptop since he bought it,  and he has many games on it. It will allow him to run both of our toons on wurm at the same time and he can plug in a mouse and a full size keyboard to use while gaming.   I would definately buy a fan platform for it to sit on if you plan to play for an extended time just for extra cooling of the cpu

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GE72-7RE-Apache-Pro/Specification