Sign in to follow this  
bigtree

Mounted Archery

More usefulness to the different bow sizes. Mounted archery skill would allow you to use bows while moving. Most players just use long bows. 

These are the times you would be able to shoot with the different bows.

Short bows: Embarked (not moving), Riding (moving), Walking

Medium bows: Riding (not moving), Walking (train to 20)

Long bows: Standing

I see one issue with game balance that is that many creatures just stand there when shot with arrows. This is great for practicing but even currently breaks the game, I think. Make all creatures either run or charge when attacked. 

Not for pvp thanks, what you suggest is going to make the skill very annoying and clunky to use, just totally not feasible at all - adding another entry requirement for playing the game.. (it would affect PvP, not so much freedom because who cares about bows on freedom honestly, just get a two hander..)

If it ain't broke don't fix it

Edited by Firecat
  • Like 2

I care about archery on freedom. I believe it is broke. Maybe this isn't good for pvp or maybe it could be balanced for both worlds. Perhaps shooting makes you move at half speed? Also keep all the same range restrictions. 

I don't think the developers intend to make a game with just one 'best' play style. But if you like two handers then use a two hander. 

Also keep all the same distance restrictions. 

No, why does it need the change? What is broken about it other than you "believe it is broke"? I don't see that this change is about "playstyle", you're just implement more unnecessary requirements with it,

and adding another requirement to do a simple task takes time away from issues that actually need fixing.

Ask anyone from the community that uses archery lots and they will likely disagree with you. 

Edited by Firecat

I'd rather see this done another way; giving bows an extra buff during optimal conditions.

The simple solution is just leave PvP as it is and give PvE the buff (since hardly anyone uses archery because of how much work it takes).

3 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

I'd rather see this done another way; giving bows an extra buff during optimal conditions.

Sure, I think there are probably many ways to improve the practicality (and fun) of using short and medium bows and archery in general. I don't think it needs to be easier either. Making creatures run when attacked would actually make it harder. 

I once collected a list of ideas linked. Most comments were positive at the time. It doesn't seem like I'm the only person that thinks archery could be adjusted. Others even made suggestions I hadn't thought of. Like improving arrows in bundles.

• Like 1