Sign in to follow this  
Berms

Horse Ignores Enchanted Grass To Eat From Pet Bowl

One of my horses, unhitched, standing on enchanted grass walked 3 tiles away to eat from a pet bowl I had placed for my pet (on a normal tile) instead of just grazing on the enchanted grass tile he is standing on.

I think the solution would be to give any animal that CAN graze, and is standing on enchanted grass, priority to graze on the enchanted grass tile/check if he is standing on enchanted grass tile already before he attempts to look for food elsewhere.

Edited by Berms
Updated bug description
  • Like 2

the prioritys go , pet bowl , hitchingpost , trough , pile of items , then tile as far as im aware . you cn set the name of the  pet bowl to animals name to discriminate

1 hour ago, Reflekted said:

the prioritys go , pet bowl , hitchingpost , trough , pile of items , then tile as far as im aware . you cn set the name of the  pet bowl to animals name to discriminate

Then thats a bug in my opinion.

the horse is already standing on a tile with free food (enchanted grass) and the grass is there for the horse to graze.

it doesn't need to go out looking for food in the first place regardless of the name of the bowl.

Needs a minor change in the  code.

If it's working as the devs intended it, then it's not a bug. You can't "imo" intended behavior in to a bug with opinions.

I don't know what's intended behavior, but if how it currently works is intended, then this post belongs in suggestions, not server bugs.

Edited by Borstaskor

2 hours ago, Borstaskor said:

If it's working as the devs intended it, then it's not a bug. You can't "imo" intended behavior in to a bug with opinions.

I don't know what's intended behavior, but if how it currently works is intended, then this post belongs in suggestions, not server bugs.

We can't just assume that it's "intended" and potentially ignore bugs.

are you sure about it being intended? if not, your comment is not of relevance until a dev/game master comment on this.

I am curious if this is indeed intended, and why it's intended to ignore enchanted grass above walking 3 tiles away for a "pet bowl".

Any comment on this thread from a dev/game master would be useful.

So this is "Working As Intended"®

Pet bowls do have the priority in the order.

That doesn't mean it can't be changed. Do post a suggestion and we'll review it once folks have had a chance to chime in. My only worry is that changing it one way for your use case may break it in another way for another use case right now.

Edit:  I do like the priority idea for enchanted tiles, though. (Missed that at first)

Edited by Keenan
  • Like 3

Thank you for your response, Keenan.

My thought was not to change the priority for all types of animals, only for Grazers ( priority for grazing on the enchanted tile the grazer animal already standing on ), Though I can understand changing one thing in the code may lead to another bug or unintended things happening in another function / class/ section.

(This post can be moved to suggestion, if possible. Thanks.)

Edited by Berms