Malena

We're making a 15-year anniversary video for Wurm and we need your help!

do check out this topic if you haven't already. there are some from "freedom server" opening day and some other old ones.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercan said:

What's happening?! 😮

d02YMha.png

Happy Spooktober! \o/

• Like 2

1. Your Wurm character's name: Katrat
2. What year you started playing Wurm: 2017
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you: It's a place to chill, explore, skill grind, create in and hang with friends. And also work out some of life's frustrations on trolls. ;) lol
4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory: 1) Drothic being a gentleman and picking up and carrying all my junk for me when I fell into a dropshaft (Of his making) and was to overburdened to climb out. lol  2)  Evaliant surprising me with a ton of copper he mined for me when I was making all those stills for Shizno. (Love you guys & Miss you E)
5. Please include a screenshot of your character's head: wurm.20211029.0319.jpg

• Like 1

1. Your Wurm character's name: Crimsonearth
2. What year you started playing Wurm: January 2013
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you:  Wurm is my home away from home; I escape here whenever I can and let the rest of the world fall away.
4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory: My first few hours in Wurm I had managed to scrounge up a few vegetables and a cut down a tree while I waited for my friend to log on and give me directions to her settlement on the brand new server, Release. An hour later I was racing barefoot along unknown shores in the dark, abandoning my hard-won logs and vegetables with every step to keep me just out of reach of a train of huge spiders and wolves that pursued me across half the server. I had to swim the last stretch with bearsharks chomping at my heels and when I finally crawled ashore at what was to be my first of many villages in Wurm, it was gone midnight and I was exhausted and bewildered, but genuinely filled with love and gratitude at the sight of 'home' and safety.
5. Please include a screenshot of your character's head:

Headshot.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 5:34 PM, Wulfmaer said:

How about that moment back in December 2018 when you could get a flying boat after leaving a cave canal?

Hah! I heard about that but missed the fun (as usual!)!

Some more recent things :

Slow spider from back in the day

p8rOZjz.jpg

The slaying of Steve on Indy, 2014 (I had some good air time that day, sucker sent me flying a number of times!)

fAgyqxe.jpg

Old knarr model

Bk2JoUQ.jpg

One of the first bridges built on Indy after bridges were released - the bridge that leads to Black Dog Isle 

fFki01D.jpg

afN7SH7.jpg

abMUk0e.jpg

Rift on Pristine, 2016

T1TUplK.jpg

Misty days on wurm have always been beautiful to me

ldkdAOl.jpg

Double Trouble (gm's having fun at a public slaying)

ZbsEFVP.jpg

April Fool's prank 2017, player models turned into giant gnomes! Was a fun day!

CsBAKS0.jpg

Hah! Me, from 2011 (terraforming the world even back then....)

xquWIPR.jpg

This cracks me up for some reason :P   That's not a real nogump but a HoTA statue of one, they used to have those models. Scared the daylights out of me the first time!

jGTTauY.jpg

The world of Jackal

MOG4EZ1.jpg

dmwHdHp.jpg

• Like 7

Tell us:

1. Your Wurm character's name: Felthanne
2. What year you started playing Wurm: Entered into Wurm on Friday, October 7th, 2007
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you: Wurm has always been a release and an enjoyable time, I have taken hiatuses before but you can't quit Wurm. Eventually you'll come back and "Wurm is waiting" and you'll wonder why you even took a break to begin with.
4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory: The Independence launch was probably my favorite moment from Wurm, everyone on the server exploring and trying to find a good spot to settle as quickly as possible. So much land to explore, everything was all new.
5. Please include a screenshot of your character's head: https://imgur.com/a/y63BB7P

Screenshots:

JKH (08-09): https://imgur.com/a/ZwOwUaJ

Indy (09-13 - the first handful are from launch day): https://imgur.com/a/nPlyff9

Release (19-20): https://imgur.com/a/QnbHgpu

• Like 1

1. Your Wurm character's name: Timoka
2. What year you started playing Wurm: 2010
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you: It's the game I always return to. It's my MMO home.
4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory: In the beginning of 2018 I came back from a long break, I directly started to build a rowboat so I could move to another server to start a new deed.  But then two locals on horse rode by and after some conversation they asked me to join up with them instead.  I'm more of a solo player, but this time I gave it a try and I joined them.  Now more than three years later I'm still with them and the game has never felt as fun as it does now.

5. Please include a screenshot of your character's head:

m0bWX3M.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Felthanne said:

Entered into Wurm on Friday, October 7th, 2007

Happy belated 14th Wurm birthday!

1. Your Wurm character's name: Goldfinch
2. What year you started playing Wurm:   2016
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you: Loch Lomond (Pristine) is my beloved second home where I live out my Celtic/medieval fantasy life of building, crafting, adventuring, decorating, horse breeding etc, surrounded by breathtaking views and enriched by cherished friendships. Wurm is the perfect place for nostalgic souls seeking a soothing connection to both these beautiful lands and the kindred spirits we meet here :)
4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory:  This is impossible so I have picked my top three. ... 1) Every single moment at my magical Loch Lomond deed, 2) new to the game, exploring Pristine and accidentally bumping into my soon-to-be best friend and adventure buddy of 5 years, Sidereal (talk about a kindred spirit!), and 3) being spirited up to a mountaintop, surrounded by moon and stars and breathtaking views, and presented with one of the only pearl necklaces in the game!!!!! (Ty Virusmd <3)

5. Please include a screenshot of your character's head:

dGjEnK6.png

One view of my beautiful Loch Lomond (come visit to see more!! O21 Pristine)

GIA9EcO.jpg

A favorite memory (picnics with @Sidereal). . .but ALL our adventures are my favorites!!

V3cUIGW.jpg

Gorgeous views and fantastic companionship while hunting in the desert ( @VirusMD)

qY4FPwd.png

And of course, another all-time favorite has to be running the hilarious (patented*) Fish Slapping contests at Pristine's annual Friendship Bay Imaplong!!!

fl43GFK.pngd

Edited by Goldfinch
  • Like 7

1. Your Wurm character's name: Sidereal
2. What year you started playing Wurm: 2012, just as Pristine and Release were created.
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you:  Wurm is my escape to a tiny town on the coast where I can spend a quiet evening caring for my horses, tending the fields, and watching the sunsets while I plan my next adventure.  It's been an immensely liberating experience to play an MMO that has no 'plot' and is entirely player driven.

4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory:  Goldfinch and I were riding around Independence for the 10th anniversary commemoration event learning about the places and players that made notable contributions to the island's history when we suddenly reached the coast in time to witness an eclipse.  As a stargazer, I've always appreciated the celestial mechanics of Wurm, but to see an eclipse during this particular adventure felt like a special gift.
rUuXWYb.png

Thanks to Goldfinch for capturing the moment in #4 so well in the instant that it happened:

FU3RB1q.png

And other evocative moments from the years that are impossible to distill, but these are some of my favorites:

KBlcQTS.png

Cnp4MmR.png

kcg2fjv.png

5D02CU0.png

Edited by Sidereal
added screenshots!
  • Like 7

Name:  Nirav

Year I started playing: [13:31:49] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of the Wurm, week 1 of the Bear's starfall, 1055. That's 2093 days, 18 hours and 13 minutes ago.

What Wurm Means to me:
Wurm is the best game I have ever played because it is so much more than a game.  It is about people building a beautiful world together, and I am grateful I have gotten the chance to be here with all these wonderful folks.

Favorite Wurm Memory: I cannot sum up something like that in two sentences.  This is an entire world, and there is an entire lifetime of memories I have here. I cherish them all.

Screenshot of headhttps://pasteboard.co/hMaOe7YBCU3m.jpg

hMaOe7YBCU3m.jpg?o=1

Edited by Nirav
  • Like 2

Here are some of my favorite things (if someone wants larger files of these Please let me know):

Wurm as seen from Jackal...

30SeYfAh44oe.jpg?o=1

A Stanlee Dragon Hunt

uFKmKzGOOyw2.jpg?o=1

The chilling beauty of Jackal

sm16lBEEphJ1.jpg?o=1

Tosiek in the early Lyric Beach days

G6Btc4rQJh6s.jpg?o=1

Edited by Nirav
  • Like 1

1. Your Wurm character's name: 

Ayuna

2. What year you started playing Wurm: 

3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you:

Wurm means I can satisfy my ever-present wanderlust, but not just by wandering around and looking at pixels. I can explore a world that feels rich, deep, organic, and everchanging. Buildings decay, flora grows back, and stories and secrets can be gleaned from the land. 

4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory: 

There are a few of them, but the following is one of them: the time I lost a dear horse, lost my life a few times trying to locate it, and when it was found with the help of the community: 

5. Please include a screenshot of your character's head:

9Ttm2zR.jpg

Edited by Ayuna
  • Like 3

Camaril

I've been playing since February 2013

Wurm is more than a game to me. It feels like a world I can really step into, an alternate life.
I love how much detail has been put into the world, especially the crafting, building, and terraforming.
I like that everything happens slowly, I never run out of things to do.
I appreciate that there is a very mature community, and many players that have been around for years and slowly
build a reputation that actually means something. One of my very favorite things is how everything evolves
over time. There are many things I miss that have passed away, but there is always something new to find,
to learn, and to share. While I often hide away on my deed, my favorite memories are all of being a part
of something with a community, from our first noob steps in Wurm together on POP, to the work we did together
on Jackal, and the impalongs I've been to. Thank you all for being a part of the journey with me.

Here are some of my photos. They include Jackal, Kyara and POP the Magic Dragon (the deed I started on):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/69lxm7xzn8hhu41/AAD-tY82j4mxEV-dltKv1eI-a?dl=0

Edited by Camaril
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Sidereal said:

1. Your Wurm character's name: Sidereal
2. What year you started playing Wurm: 2012, just as Pristine and Release were created.
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you:  Wurm is my escape to a tiny town on the coast where I can spend a quiet evening caring for my horses, tending the fields, and watching the sunsets while I plan my next adventure.  It's been an immensely liberating experience to play an MMO that has no 'plot' and is entirely player driven.

4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory:  Goldfinch and I were riding around Independence for the 10th anniversary commemoration event learning about the places and players that made notable contributions to the island's history when we suddenly reached the coast in time to witness an eclipse.  As a stargazer, I've always appreciated the celestial mechanics of Wurm, but to see an eclipse during this particular adventure felt like a special gift.
rUuXWYb.png

Thanks to Goldfinch for capturing the moment in #4 so well in the instant that it happened:

FU3RB1q.png

And other evocative moments from the years that are impossible to distill, but these are some of my favorites:

KBlcQTS.png

Cnp4MmR.png

kcg2fjv.png

5D02CU0.png

❤️ forever, @Sidereal. I am SO HAPPY AND HONORED to have been with you for all (or nearly!) those favorite memories . . and the photographer for quite a few! Every adventure with you is my favorite memory  .. .. . there are just too many to list here :) Thank you for being my Wurm bestie!!! 

(** and NO I still can't figure out how to reduce the quote size! Please forgive . . **)

• Like 2

Late, sorry but a few images from my past:

https://imgur.com/a/g3Xuo1B

Same in zip for easier access:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jfg1yq-K4ql77wjWRLgJ3GYAQ6HBbvpx/view?usp=sharing

Toon name: Jaz - selfie is the avatar of my forum account :P

Started in 2013, stuck here since seriously addicted. I'm not a gamer type, I do not play anything but Wurm since I started here.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

1. CHARACTER NAME: Valdor
2. YEAR STARTED: 2013
3. WHAT WURM MEANS TO ME: Wurm is home. It is unlike any other game on the market... the most unique world out there. It is life in a medieval world, where you own your land and can do whatever your heart desires.
4. FAVORITE MEMORY: Living like a hermit on a peak of the mountain. Just me and the wind and no one around, except for an occasional troll that would stumble around.

Valdor Portait:

https://imgur.com/a/A5nvBFH

Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/VroPgm1

https://imgur.com/a/edzkkSw

https://imgur.com/a/7MhubK3

https://imgur.com/a/hOwRmMr

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 1

Wowee, this halloween update guys. This halloween update!!! I've had so much fun going out doing archeology for those super scrumptious spooky fragments! But now it's time to roll up my sleeves and get to work with this video!

Yesterday marked the last day to submit stuff, so at this point I shall thank you all so very much for all the amazing screenshots, videos and texts! You are of course free to continue sharing, however only content that was submitted by the 31st of October will be considered for the video. In general, there were so many submissions, that not all will be able to be included, so I hope you understand, but I will certainly try to fit in as much as I can! 

In a few days, I'll be making a post here in City hall about Wurm History. So if you deem yourself a Wurm Historian, I will be wanting to hear from you! But more about that later! 

For now, enjoy the rest of the Halloween update and I'll be getting back to you soon!

• Like 4

Meh, I didn't see the deadline. Ignore me. 😔

Edited by Ramilan

43 minutes ago, Goldfinch said:

Can’t wait to see the video! 

Awww, I'm looking forward to getting it done as well! With 15 years worth of history, it's been a much more massive and monumental task than I originally thought. I'm not gonna lie, working on this has been overwhelming at times!! 

I do have some good news to share however! Which is that I'm actually currently working on another video project for the Wurm team. It's not just one video but a whole series of videos! That's right! Since this task has taken higher priority for now, it has pushed the history video onto the back burner for now. You guys will soon find out why this is and it will aaaaaaaaallllllll make sense very soon! 🙂

We also have another little surprise in store that, while not a video in itself - is closely related and will be really lovely for you guys to see. ❤️

• Like 6