Malena

We're making a 15-year anniversary video for Wurm and we need your help!

Not sure if it's possible to use this video, but this one is almost 12 years old!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Xheth said:

Not sure if it's possible to use this video, but this one is almost 12 years old!

It's a great view of what was back then the starter town of New Dawn on the Golden Valley server where there was sort of a limited ingame tutorial. Back then, you started as a brand new character right on the open (no walled-off tutorial that would be the case later) and could roam around as you wished.  All there at the time were non-premium as premium didn't work to change the 20 skill/characteristic cap but you did have to get premium to use the portal to go to Freedom (PvE Independance) or Wild (PvP, now reworked and relocated to be the Chaos PvP server).

Great find! (though yeah, YouTube and the creator's IP rights might be an issue)

Edited by Tristanc
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Xheth said:

OMG, I LOVED watching Omer do First Looks on F2P games back in the day.

• Like 2

@YagaMade this for The Wurm Academy: https://wurmacademy.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/ch-1-the-first-day/ 
I'm 2 systems out from the original CPU I had when I started Wurm. I don't think I have any old pictures.

Pristine History Post: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/163708-a-history-of-pristine/
Original Pristine Map: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/350153636736925708/502469056495091713/44237928_2022643974441204_5208267648835518464_n.png

• Like 3

Fantastic stuff so far guys, thank you all! Keep them coming!

Crazy to see how much Wurm has progressed over the years huh?!

• Like 1

1. Your Wurm character's name: SmeJack
2. What year you started playing Wurm: 2010
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you: Wurm to me means hanging out with family and friends having fun
4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory: Favourite memory would have to be tied between becoming a god and dying after being hit by someone whos corpse was in my inventory.
5. Please include a screenshot of your character's head: I'm lazy so heres an old one

Spoiler

2Vm3oRA.png

Now for some of my favourite shots over the years

1tGNaQM.jpg

pMhYnKU.jpg

bCTVAkU.jpg

HtlEyg3.jpg

xvxluIF.jpg

NTbjSYx.jpg

cxeVYcp.jpg

vjpxtIr.png

dMBJlgG.jpg

WX5hyZ4.jpg

7Ly7Y9D.jpg

cisGYkv.jpg

grzbbJb.jpg

GB777sL.jpg

3Ng6Yy4.jpg

6iWfiKQ.jpg

9SQzhXW.jpg

Not my pics but need to be added

DM-chickens.jpg

GmXiSwQ.jpg

Xkd4AyG.png

Edited by SmeJack
  • Like 20

Wurm Name: Mesharette

Year Started: 2020

What Wurm Means to me: I finally found my favorite game. I'm always recommending Wurm to everyone I know!

Fav Wurm Memory: People of Wurm always want to help each other out. Everyone is so friendly here!

Image for Portrait of Character: https://imgur.com/a/whqnwEm
NOTE: I play in the PvE Xanadu area. :D

Thanks for this project, I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

• Like 2

On 10/22/2021 at 9:44 AM, Malena said:

Tell us:

1. Your Wurm character's name: 
2. What year you started playing Wurm:
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you:
4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory: 
5. Please include a screenshot of your character's head:

1. Thetrickster

2. 2019

3. a) Wurm is whole worlds waiting to be discovered and explored.  b) Wurm is the game I have been hoping to find for years, and I don't know why it took me so long to discover it. 

4. There is no one favourite memory, but here is a sampler of memorable moments.

Putting the last peg on the knarr I built at the lowest possible skill level was a pretty special moment.

Reaching the peak of a mountain after a long and difficult climb and discovering a whole new vista.

Running around town with one other villager trying to stop a champion troll that was on a rampage was a lot of fun.

Where else would you find a ship sticking out of a mountain peak in the middle of nowhere?

5.tIrSGRR.jpg

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

Tell us:

1. Your Wurm character's name: HawkHawk
2. What year you started playing Wurm: 2020
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you: Wurm means Freedom and Creativity. Always planning new ideas and seeing them come to life.
4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory: Setting up in a hostile area with no experience, trying to build up and defend the village with relentless Scorpion and Crocodile assaults.

yveoQ3P.png

I don't think I've been playing long enough to have any really interesting screenshots, but I'll post a few of my favorites from the last year.

The Great Battle of the Storage House.

I think this is a nice action shot of the guards dispatching a Vicious Lava Fiend who was trying to help himself to our Bulk Storage Bins.

UfErXEM.jpg

The Fleet Sets Sail!

This was quite recent from just after the Red Dragon Slaying on Harmony, very nice seeing so many boats all sailing together.

7S9aLXn.png

Aurora Bridge and Panorama

Panorama of the deed so far. The Bridge was intended to represent the colours of the Aurora Borealis, its not quite worked out that way but still lights up nice at night time. Deed planned and built by Aereya, Aerthok, Alantheman, HawkHawk.

JgLA1l2.png

Edited by HawkHawk
  • Like 4

MZD0oun.jpg

When the in-game year changed to 1000, the sky was covered in fiery auroras, so says people over the discord anyway. I never knew if it really happened but I had wondered about it for years ever since finding this obscure screenshot.
Also makes sense as to why there's an official soundtrack titled "Sky on Fire".
This was... 13 years ago? Definitely an old screenshot.

Edited by Metallumere
  • Like 7

1.Your Wurm character's name: Fez/Holar
2. What year you started playing Wurm: 2004
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you: It’s been a pretty consistent thing in my life for 17 years, it’s always been an escape from RL bs.
4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory: One of my favorite memories was shooting myself with a bow and reporting the bug and GM’s not believing me and me recreating the bug in front of them and immediately Rolf and the few Devs at the time shutting the servers down. Someone also made a gif out of it to, pretty sure @Xallohas it.

Also these screenshots people have are bringing back some real nostalgia feels…  

• Like 2

The only thing really worth including video wise is older PvP videos. Just look some up on youtube: "Wurm online PvP" peat mine, the deed, etc.

• Like 3

Your Wurm character's name:

Klaa, chief among other names used over the years.

What year you started playing Wurm:

Spring 2006 - Last couple of months before Beta ended.

What Wurm means to you:

One of the better mmo sandbox environments, especially on pvp servers as a thief (allegedly).

Your favorite Wurm memory:

There has been so many good and bad times over the years, especially relationships formed. Libilian Outlaws with Zerobyte and family. Empire of Mol Rehan with Horton and crew. Too many old mates long gone and dead, Tich and Oracle, to name just a couple that are particularly missed.

The strangest one was many years ago (between 2007 and 2014?) with the devs half-implementing a certain breeding feature, due to a "miscommunication amongst the team" as we were later told.

It was to allow for players to be able to breed with each other in the same way as animal breeding already worked. There were even models for the human children already on the test server. Unfortunately this was so far back that only one image currently exists afaik:

9e0E8iT.jpg

The actual version that was implemented live used a resurrected human zombie to breed with a female player character, who was usually a BL priestess. The resulting offspring would be titled "Son/daughter of <player name>" and would have a spider model.

My first experience with this ingame was after being offline a couple days. Logged in just minding my own business when a spidery Son of Glory jumped me. Fellow sort of took after his mother.

The shenanigans lasted barely a week before devs yoinked it all out.

Course this barely scratches the surface. I can go for ages on subjects such as zombie cheese... weaponized water... water swords... gold water...

Selfie made upon request for the Summer Hat wiki entry

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/File:Summerhat.png

Edited by Karrde
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Karrde said:

zombie cheese... weaponized water... water swords... gold water

Oh please do tell! I've definitely heard of a single water sword before, but not how it happened.

I have accumulated quite a hefty library of images over the more than a decade I've been playing wurm....

Here are some of the oldest ones I could find now

From JK Home in 2009 

https://imgur.com/a/PqzLK

Indy and Exodus 2010/2011

https://imgur.com/a/AXGeD7F

And for kicks here are my two best parking jobs ever. With regards to the second + third screenshot here - who remembers tensing up back in the day every time you were about to enter a cave canal? :P 

3o5loFO.jpg?1

Bad entry into Kinoss Canal, Indy (2013)...

wxVkcW2.jpg

KOryM4k.jpg

You got me started now... might go see what else I can find and post more later....

• Like 6

1. Your Wurm character's name: Kadmint
2. What year you started playing Wurm: 2013
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you: Relaxation, community, adventure, fun, endless grind... Perfect Wurmian life.
4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory: When I landed first time on Release 2013, started my little deed called Villa Alderpeak... and had a whole adventure ahead of me I did not know of yet.

8kJKRxD.jpg

Some of my best memories:

Travelling Xanadu

fO2r9pD.jpg

New Festival Cove Impalong 2021

GzWhNJL.jpg

Releasian sunrise

FYGMb79.jpg

Dragon hunt

y8mhZKQ.jpg

Scorpions showing love

Ipkfuda.jpg

Deliverance Renaissance Festival Easter Weekend 2021

HEN7JHO.jpg

Home

pzOATbK.jpg

• Like 8

1. Your Wurm character's name: JosuhaCalvert
2. What year you started playing Wurm: 2012
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you: Endless adventures in lands full of Wurmians and their history.
4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory: Getting my Pirate hat!

SUKy4Md.jpg

A rare pic of me without my mask....

And this sunset  pic means a lot to me so thought i would post it here as well.

hQ9Rk24.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kasumi said:

And for kicks here are my two best parking jobs ever. With regards to the second + third screenshot here - who remembers tensing up back in the day every time you were about to enter a cave canal? :P 

Entering a cave canal can still cause a few tense moments, was only the other day I got throw out and stuck in a teleporting loop.

How about that moment back in December 2018 when you could get a flying boat after leaving a cave canal?

qaCq7xK.png

• Like 1

So much awesome stuff guys. Those old screenshots are cracking me up to no end!

Three more days to go to submit stuff! You're still welcome to post content here after the 31st, but as there needs to be a cut-off point to be able to plan, the focus is going to be more on the stuff submitted before the deadline.

In coming days, I'll also be setting up a post about Wurm history, as I'm sure you guys have some interesting tidbits to add to whatever data we already have. But more on that later!

On 10/25/2021 at 1:25 PM, Metallumere said:

When the in-game year changed to 1000, the sky was covered in fiery auroras, so says people over the discord anyway.

• Like 5

I have a couple of JKH shots but I'm too old to work out how to post images here...

B9Cz8Cf.png

Me and Mr. Deer

Edit:

What's happening?! 😮

d02YMha.png

Edited by Mercan
  • Like 2