Malena

We're making a 15-year anniversary video for Wurm and we need your help!

Hear ye, hear ye fellow Wurmians!

2021 marks the 15th year of Wurm Online! Fifteen years of our beloved Wurmians mining, digging, building, crafting and most importantly: culling the population of those nasty ol' trolls! To celebrate this amazing milestone, we will be creating a video that showcases Wurm's amazing journey over these past fifteen years. We've already got some historical material gathered, however what would really make this video special is for it to include stuff from YOU: the Wurm players! 

YOUR screenshots!
YOUR videos!
YOUR memories!
YOUR stories!

Visual material
If you have (or know of) any old screenshots and videos from Wurm's early years, (preferably pre-steam-release) please share! (the higher resolution the better!)

In the words of the players
Even if you don't have any visual material to share, you can still take part! We'd like to include some player comments in the video that would look something like this template:

sample.jpg

As you can see, the amount of text should be kept to a minimum to be able to fit! So keep it short! If you'd like to share your stories in further detail, describe those optionally in addition.

Tell us:

1. Your Wurm character's name: 
2. What year you started playing Wurm:
3. In one or two sentences - What Wurm means to you:
4. In one or two sentences - Your favorite Wurm memory: 
5. Please include a screenshot of your character's head:

For taking a screenshot of your character: 
1. Go into third person view (press minus/plus on your keyboard numpad or press V)
2. Zoom in as close as you can get to see your character’s face (pro tip: You can “move” the camera even closer if you stand next to a steep hill/mountain of some kind that forces the camera to get closer)
3. Turn off the UI: F10
4. Take a screenshot with Wurm’s in game keybind: F11
5. The location of your screenshot will be displayed in the Event window in yellow text
6. Do not worry about cropping it, simply upload it to Imgur or whatever other service you use and share the link here. Alternatively, you can send it to me directly by copy pasting the image into a private chat in Discord to KatsPurr#8213.

Optional: One or two sentences of your thoughts not enough? Feel free to share your memories and thoughts in greater detail here. We won't be able to include long paragraphs in the video, but I'm sure we'd all love to read them here regardless!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to take part, respond to this thread by the 30th of October and become a part of Wurm history! 

We’ll start working on this straight away next month once we’ve got all the materials gathered. To see the end result, keep your eyes peeled for this and many more exciting things to come in Demona's upcoming Valrei International posts!

Love, Malena

PS: Just a small disclaimer: While we will try to fit as many of your wonderful screenshots, videos and quotes into the video as possible, we may have to choose if there ends up being a huge amount of submissions.

• Like 13

<Jacobacon> Wurm online is a sandbox mmorpg adventure game with over 130 skills where you can shape the terrain with your friends

• Like 4

"What do you mean everything is man made?"  anonymous new player

PgnJtRw.jpg

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Spacy said:

"What do you mean everything is man made?"  anonymous new player

Ha! She looks so disappointed! Even the horse looks shocked!

• Like 1

Just a side Note here I love that i got the chat windows in the pics it " Talks" to me when i see my friend names in there also may not be for everyone. as i see all Local and my alliance members in the there chanting away also.. xd

9dZWEGP.jpg

CeDeEU4.png

uVXSo07.jpg

R7dGDCC.jpg

h1B3o3F.jpg

t0mTuQZ.jpg

MkQFojd.jpg

4UcLIvM.jpg

AyZVoh0.jpg   

Bj8Y49k.jpg

lhrSxGp.jpg

l3ns1ww.jpg

Edited by Tigerclaw
  • Like 4

Just a bunch of random shots i found memorable during my 8 years, see what you can use :)

S0R7nX0.jpg

lDpsjks.jpg

xz5CvzK.jpg

wKhHlqQ.jpg

jOh75RO.jpg

OtXt1Uo.jpg

pjVBIWC.jpg

yJlC2BV.jpg

cVUvn8K.jpg

WKXhDfO.jpg

• Like 7

My very first home on the hill East of Newtown

Spoiler

QRSkqLi.png

Tower guards owned by scorpion on Jenn Kellon Home. This crossroads was 5 tiles away from my home.

Spoiler

ybKc1UU.png

Very old Terraforming. Or... wurmaforming ?

Spoiler

Qxef9co.png

Album of a hunting event on Jenn Kellon in May of 2008.

The thread that organized this event is here and you can find more pictures of the event in it

Images from GV around 2010 - 2012

Spoiler

sRzzWqn.png

iP3Mzed.png

fxSyZsX.png

v6Tekvm.png

CHyZF4X.png

A tower guard I built on Independence

Spoiler

pYxHAHZ.png

Kyklops hunting event

Spoiler

bZASYDi.png

8rsmFvx.png

Red Dragon hunt on Independence, 2014

Spoiler

K3ylfLb.png

1oRxp8m.png

5mkV5b5.png

CADySGz.png

Gurubear's Crater

Spoiler

Qcmult3.png

Random images off Independence

Spoiler

3mZUnRe.png

DwyoWg7.png

zv578Vs.png

Solar Eclipse 2016

Spoiler

QVwYOaJ.png

Solar Eclipse, 2020

Spoiler

ZBA4SYi.png

Light token spam at Tap Dance on Celebration, 2018

Spoiler

UzMrm56.png

Edited by perji
  • Like 9

Thank you everyone for your screenshots, videos and comments so far! Keep 'em coming!

The older footage the better! It's the really old stuff that's hard to find now.

• Like 1

Release C2013/2014 - "The Good Old Days"

wurm-20140211-2341.jpg

wurm-20131217-2356.jpg

wurm-20131018-2158-1.jpg

wurm-20131109-0016-1.jpg

Xanadu (Day 0) - The Peak of the Mountain and the world below

wurm-20140604-0117.jpg

wurm-20140603-2306-1.jpg

Xanadu - After the Server Borders Opened

wurm-20140625-1359.jpg

Xanadu - 7 Years Later...

wurm-20200731-1447-1.png

As for a quote...  "Grow a forest, and then set giant wolves on anyone who cuts down a tree!"

• Like 5

Hey Malena, check out this topic where i was (and still am, for those hiding out there) trying to gather old screenshots from around the start of Independence:

• Like 3

Not sure if this short story is too long for your text design, still want to share it since it's a cherished memory from my earlier days :)

"Decided to explore a far away mountain I have been observing from my deed for a while.

Half way up the cliff a troll clubs me to death.
Did not know you could respawn at a tent.

Tried to retrieve my corpse and the troll killed me again.
With no way to get back, I asked for help in Global.

Got a summon and some help almost instantly.
A veteran player helped me out and probably prevented me from quitting the game."

If the story is too long:

"For me, Wurm feels like a digital home, where coming back is always a bliss."

Edit, forgot to answer these questions!

1. Char name:   Xheth - Main

Gaspacho: Vyn Priest

2. First contact was around 2012, second try was 2015, started my own deed in 2020 and been playing almost daily since.

3. Coming back to my digital home. The Community.

4. Getting killed by a troll several times. Veteran player helping me get back my items.

3KvZxG1.jpg

Edited by Xheth
  • Like 4

my very first deed  Edmonton on indi      over 10 years ago.  wow the forge and oven graphics lol.    and no the ground was not flat. didn't have to be back then to build houses on.  I had buildings as walls at 8 slope on deli. was odd but cool

• Like 3

1.Validate  
2. 2010 January 
3. Freedom sandbox is what wurm is to me. got me distracted from rough times and made fun times for me
4. Day 1.  running around no idea what i'm doing i get invited to a deed  north end of indi.  I died drowning. then to a troll then a spider, took me 3 hrs to make it to their deed.  A guy names notchman invited me. no idea if it was Notch himself. a month later he was gone and i moved on to my first deed in the video above this.
5.  validate.jpg

Edited by validate
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, MacOofer said:

OtXt1Uo.jpg

Did you ever catch those giant moles?

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

8 hours ago, Malena said:

Thank you everyone for your screenshots, videos and comments so far! Keep 'em coming!

The older footage the better! It's the really old stuff that's hard to find now.

@BrQQQshould have some old early epic videos

@Edvinastoo but dunno if hes around

• Like 1

1. Ben
2. 2014 on and off
3. If you cannot make it, you can roleplay it... but don't worry, you probably can make it.
4. Each conversation, each fight, each trade and service, each adventure I made and took in this game mean a lot to me, it is not just gameplay that keeps you here. 
wurm-20211023-0251.jpgwurm-20211023-0253-1.jpgwurm-20211023-0255.jpgwurm-20211023-0255-1.jpg

• Like 3

One of my favorites from back when Unicorns had colors.wurm.20181004.2321.jpg Also I have a ton of screenshots in the Screenshots feed that you are more than welcome to use. I've seen some good oldies posted by others in there too.

• Like 5

I'm a crusty old vet who's been playing this game on and off for 10 years. This is still one of my favorite picture simply because of how old it is. This was from back in the day when we stood on our horses and all dressed up as little green men. Unfortunately I do not have a lot of saved pictures from back then but I do have this one.

ey-J1cmwi-Oi-Jod-HRw-Oi8vcz-E5-NDk1-NTgw

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Postes said:

@BrQQQshould have some old early epic videos

@Edvinastoo but dunno if hes around

I was looking for eds videos a couple weeks back and they were all removed :(