Sign in to follow this  
Tomatoes

My apologies...

First: This is something I want the entire Wurm community to know, I posted it to Facebook this afternoon, but it has occurred to me that most of you may not know either

It is nearly impossible for an someone who is AA to describe the interaction between our "odd sensory reactions", the difficulty/pain/pleasure in using any form of communication, and the constant flux in pain levels someone who is AA has to deal with, and just how this interaction fluctuates on a daily(and sometimes even hourly) basis.

when it comes to autistics there are four things that one must always keep in mind: 
1. odd sensory reactions
2. difficulty in using any form of communication
3. constant flux in pain levels
4. (and most importantly) the interaction of all the above. 

it does not matter where the source of the pain is, whether its emotional, physical, or mental, pain interrupts any ones ability to learn. We will always need help with something just because that interaction between all of the different parts that make us autistic is such that we may not even notice if we mess up. 

I am an Autistic that has chosen to communicate my issues rather then hide them, regardless of the difficulty, because communication for me isn't normally painful, and for those times that are, I can recognize it and walk away.

For nearly 100 years Autistic has meant "dumb" and "stupid". Its time to change that.

Now, I'm pretty sure I've bumped heads with some of you, but if I've actually caused pain, please let me know....I've recently realized that I have been lashing out in some ways, but not because any of you have done anything wrong. That does not mean I am not responsible for what damage I caused, so if I did cause pain then it falls to me to ease said pain.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tomatoes said:

First: This is something I want the entire Wurm community to know, I posted it to Facebook this afternoon, but it has occurred to me that most of you may not know either

Now, I'm pretty sure I've bumped heads with some of you, but if I've actually caused pain, please let me know....I've recently realized that I have been lashing out in some ways, but not because any of you have done anything wrong. That does not mean I am not responsible for what damage I caused, so if I did cause pain then it falls to me to ease said pain.

That's extremely mature and good on you for owning your mistakes and trying to communicate in a more positive and healthy way, you deserve to be acknowledged for that.  

You da man, MrKettle! Also, everything she said. This looks like it was a challenging thing to write and post.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 2:50 AM, Votip said:

okay, but what and why

this is hard to explain @Votip, but i can try. just because i am not aware of how i am seen by other people, it doesnt mean they know i mean no harm. Point in fact, looks matter, to everyone. how someone acts means more then anything else, and if my actions caused actual harm to someone, then the only persons who can heal said pain are either the person who caused it, or a damn good theapist, and being as id much rather save you all the money of that, and im one to take responsabiltity for my actions, it really falls to me to deal with what i did. 

i cant change my nature. i will always miss things. to say otherwise makes me a hypocrite. im going to try my best regardless, but i will always miss things just due to the amount of pain i live with on a daily basis, pain that in some ways stops the decision making process. that kind of pain keeps me from making choices i other wise would have made had i noticed before hand.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tomatoes said:

this is hard to explain @Votip, but i can try. just because i am not aware of how i am seen by other people, it doesnt mean they know i mean no harm. Point in fact, looks matter, to everyone. how someone acts means more then anything else, and if my actions caused actual harm to someone, then the only persons who can heal said pain are either the person who caused it, or a damn good theapist, and being as id much rather save you all the money of that, and im one to take responsabiltity for my actions, it really falls to me to deal with what i did. 

i cant change my nature. i will always miss things. to say otherwise makes me a hypocrite. im going to try my best regardless, but i will always miss things just due to the amount of pain i live with on a daily basis, pain that in some ways stops the decision making process. that kind of pain keeps me from making choices i other wise would have made had i noticed before hand.

After talking to a bunch of people on here there are a large amount of people with ASD and I think because it's all text a lot gets lost in the translation, that being said I do see a lot of people who have difficulties communicating with people with ASD and if they just took the time to understand how to properly communicate with you and others it would make everyone's lives so much better.  We just need to be more empathetic, compassionate and understanding towards each other so that everyone feels comfortable and welcome and I truly appreciate you taking the time to explain what you experience to people because it's important to gaining those qualities :)