Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

LOST ALL MY TEMP FOOD AFFINITIES

Ok.

Just now I had an odd game crash that apparently only ever happens to me. But it happens often enough for me to know how it works. I just log back in after such a crash, and continue play. But this time, just after I logged back in to wurm - ALL MY FOOD AFFINITIES DISSAPPEAERED.

Ok. My odd crash is - my game client window just blinks gone. It disappears completely, and is no longer in  memory. I get no skill dump, no crash log file, nothing. Wurm is gone. So I normally just log back in, np. This may happen 1 or more times a day. I don't keep track.

But this time. this time I had a butt ton off food affinities up. Odd crash happens, I log back in and now all my food affinities are gone.

I ate/nibbled most of my temp food affinities just over 10 hours ago. All those affinity timers are well over 12 hours, many over 14 hours. So All of them should still be active now. I later nibbled a few more pizzas and got those started only like 3 hours ago ish. Those later nibbled pizza food affinity timers had over 11 hours left on them at the time of my crash.

This is screenshot of my food affinities window (status effects) like an hour before my odd crash (please note all of those temp affinity timers have well over 2 hours left on them, some have over 1a hours left on their timers. I am not including screenshots of my event log files that proves the timing of when I ate these. I have looked it up and confirmed the timers here should all have well over 2 hours each left on them at the time of my game crash, around 2218 ish, EST (my time).):

ZMgdkrU.jpg

This is a screen shot of my 'statues effects' window just after I logged back in after my odd crash:

4EOOHWp.jpg

Where are my food affinities. THIS SUCKS. This is new. I don't recall loosing all my food affinities after any game crash before this. OM frick'n gorsh will you fix this.

I tried to relog back in, after logging off for /lotime. My food affinities are still gone.

THIS CRASH ERASED MY FOOD AFFINITIES. Please fix this. This completely messes up my day, and here I am wasting time constructing a server bug, instead of playing Wurm.

Thanks your time.

Teeebomb

8 minutes ago, Shydow said:

Did you cross servers after eating the food?

Wow... I forgot all about that. Yes I did.

So.. crossing servers erases ur food affinities? Ok if so, then I officially hate that.. Thanks remind me Sir.

New reason to NEVER leave the correct server (Independence).

I must ask ....why do we loose affnitys while cross server ?????

And since soo many know about it ....why do we still do it ?????

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 10:09 AM, Maiya said:

I must ask ....why do we loose affnitys while cross server ?????

And since soo many know about it ....why do we still do it ?????

They are simply not part of the server transfer code, and I'm loathe to go at that code right now without some more intestinal fortitude. I have some plans for server crossings, but it's going to be a rather huge effort to touch on and I want to get things going more smoothly for future updates before I divert my attention to that.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Keenan said:

I have some plans for server crossings, 

looking forward to that :) 

Well, I guess, if we are gonna loose our food affinities when we cross server borders, then the food affinities should disappear when we cross server borders.

That way we can start complaining bout it, at the correct time (lol).