Sign in to follow this  
Mowglia

Impending Rite of Spring

Regarding the impending Rite of Spring on Xanadu, at least four players (and probably more) need this cast for the journal, so the plan is to organise this outside Aaedean's deed (the island at i26) with Renee making the cast if necessary.

Please do not ninja this :P

We can summon, although you might want to bring a boat instead if you can't get back.

Time is looking like about 5:30pm Aaedean's time, somewhere in the US (?) or 11:30pm UK time to try and make it available to as many as possible outside of work hours. We'll confirm this, along with the date, as soon as the RoS actually occurs.

So far I know Lucidia, Xheth, Janpaat, and Vynamurmir all need this, and if you need this for the journal too then please add your name below :)

• Like 2

My Vyn (Inari) needs the Journal tick, I'm on EU times though.

Probably can travel as I'm in the N/E as well, but not sure how long it would take from C22ish,

so gota see if there is enough time to travel there depending on the time thats choosen then.

52 minutes ago, Milkdrop said:

My Vyn (Inari) needs the Journal tick, I'm on EU times though.

Probably can travel as I'm in the N/E as well, but not sure how long it would take from C22ish,

so gota see if there is enough time to travel there depending on the time thats choosen then.

The travel is long (8+ grid tiles ca.) but painless, all the way along the coast in open waters. The time is somewhat painful for many in central Europe, 1.30am if the cast happens before October 31, else 0:30 CET. If on weekends it will be less bad.

We are entirely flexible when it comes to times, location, and even the caster. Aaedean's priest (Renee) doesn't need the cast for the journal, but we thought it was better to go into this with a plan rather than invite chaos and increase the risk of getting ninja'd.

Aaedean offered because his deed is fairly accessible to many (being on the coast), and his priest is more able than most to make the cast and can also summon - the time is based around the usual time he gets online.

However, as things stand the time does suck a bit for Europe :mellow:

Our objective is to get this done for as many players as possible, so let's see who adds their name to the list and work with this as best we can.

If it turns out no one from the US needs this (and has to get home from work first), then there's no reason we can't bring the time forward, although in this case Aaedean may not be around to host the event and make the cast. If this occurs then is there anyone else who can host the event (ideally with coastal deed, high-channeling priest, and summon)? For now it's probably best to stick with the original plan, but if we can devise a better alternative then we can switch to that instead?

Here's the list of priests who need the cast so far, and their time zones:

Lucidia (EU),

Xheth (EU),

Janpaat (EU),

Vynamurmir (CST),

Inari (EU).

Aaedean/Renee are also CST.

My Deed is at C21 and you can easily get up there from the coast area by a rideable 2wide tunnel, if that is of any help.

Tho as I was hospitalized for way to long the one year upkeep it had ran out and it poped, so I am in the process of rebuilding things. ^^;

My Priests can't summon though, all are stuck at 96ish as I never had sermons going with them.

Inari has 78 Channeling.

Just throwing the Info out there if it helps to make any kind of decision.

Can reach me in Game on Milkdrop most of the time or in Discord.

If u need any help with favor ill got my vyn at 100 faith 97 channeling ready to help community.

I let my priest check today and still ".. Vynora is strong but ..".  More praying and sermons needed.

Ok, since almost all the players on the list so far are from the EU then we've got a new location and a new preliminary time which is a bit more EU-friendly.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but as it stands the new location is near Crafter's Legion Market (m7/8):

https://xanadu.yaga.host/#407,4582

And the new time is 7pm Swedish time (6pm UK time). This should be late enough to enable players to get home from work, but early enough so they don't have to stay up too late :)

The time is only an estimate, and will be confirmed (along with a date) when the Rite of Spring is ready to be cast.

Please thank MrCoolMan for this, and we will have the ability to summon as before.

Hopefully everything will go according to plan, but if not then we can always revert to the original location/time if necessary!

• Like 1

puh, thats far to travel... nearly across half the server for me.

Even with a summon I would not know how to get my priest back (no karma, no priest with 100 to summon back at my deed).

I will have to pass on this one then, sorry. 😕

8 hours ago, Milkdrop said:

puh, thats far to travel... nearly across half the server for me.

Even with a summon I would not know how to get my priest back (no karma, no priest with 100 to summon back at my deed).

I will have to pass on this one then, sorry. 😕

Ah, damn; the new time/location was supposed to make things easier, not harder :mellow:

If you summon to the event, I can get you back afterwards if that's any help? We would both summon back to s10/11 (where I live), then sail south off Xanadu to server X, sail southwest on server X (to cut the northwest corner), and then back out west into the northeast corner of Xanadu (close to where you live at c21).

I do this occasionally myself, and it turns out going from corner-to-corner on servers is surprisingly quick.

Or if you don't trust my nautical skills we could revert to the original plan if the others can actually make that time/location? Let me know, and I'll ask them if necessary (which would also mean Vynamurmir is more likely to be able to make it).

• Like 1

Still need this for my priest if there is a spare spot going.

Feel free to message me on Jikuu ingame if there is.

23 hours ago, Jikuu said:

Still need this for my priest if there is a spare spot going.

Feel free to message me on Jikuu ingame if there is.

Sure, keep your eye on this thread; hopefully it won't be much longer now :)

• Like 1

Has this happened yet? Im needing to link for the cast for that journal entry :) If there is any open spots shoot me a message in game on Quelon. Thanks!

It has not yet. I intensified praying lately (as I understand, only prayers giving faith gain messages count), and let my Vyn priest check by sermon regularly.

13 hours ago, Quelon said:

Has this happened yet? Im needing to link for the cast for that journal entry :) If there is any open spots shoot me a message in game on Quelon. Thanks!

Vyn is still not ready yet, but we're watching closely!

Is Quelon the name of your priest, or your main?

The list of attendees is now:

Lucidia,

Xheth,

Janpaat,

Vynamurmir,

Inari,

Jikuu,

Quelon (?)

And of course MrCoolMan's Vyn priest (Galsaan) who will perform the cast if everything goes according to plan.

Can all attendees please keep their eye on this thread for updates; when the cast is ready we'll try to arrange to do it the next day if possible, so there may very well be less than 24 hours notice!

Edited by Mowglia
  • Like 1

Quick update: we probably ought to close the list at this point just to keep the difficulty reasonable (currently running at 81). Unless you're desperate to get the journal entry, in which case we could deal with more (max 10 links).

To all Vyn priests/followers on Xanadu, please try to get your 5/6 daily prayers in (spaced at least 20 mins apart), as this helps make the Rite of Spring available sooner (along with sermons and missions) :D

Edited by Mowglia
typo
  • Like 1

Quelon is my main toon. Vigilante is the priest who will be attending :)

The list as it currently stands is:

Lucidia (Mowglia),

Gaspacho (Xheth),

Janpaat,

Vynamurmir,

Inari (Milkdrop),

Ryuugi (Jikuu),

Vigilante (Quelon),

Casimiro.

With Galsaan (Mrcoolman) doing the cast.

• Like 2

Ok, the Rite of Spring is finally ready to be cast :D

As I write this MrCoolMan is not online, but according to the current plan we should cast the RoS on Sunday 14th November at 18:00 GMT close to MrCoolMan's deed. We'll try to get there early so we can get all the summons done ahead of time. Don't be late!

Obviously I need to confirm this with MrCoolMan, but if for any reason we cannot achieve this time then we'll try to revert to the backup plan and set it at 23:30 GMT near Aaedean's deed.

As soon as I've got confirmation from MrCoolMan, or failing that Aaedean, then I'll try to post a timer here (although you can see the time difference if necessary by Googling GMT).

A 36 hour delay is risky, and increases the risk of getting ninja'd, but this time is the soonest we can manage while avoiding conflict with the slaying on Xan later today.

I'll update this thread as soon as we have confirmation.

• Like 2

will have favor for cast to be done, and place + summon there if u come by boat its just as easy to sail in to area.

It's confirmed, the casting time is 18:00 GMT, Sunday 14th November

timer_E1636912840.svg

The location is: https://xanadu.yaga.host/#407,4582

And we will need to link to Galsaan, MrCoolMan's Vyn priest :)

Edited by Mowglia
Timer
  • Like 4

The current list is:

Lucidia (Mowglia),

Gaspacho (Xheth),

Janpaat,

Vynamurmir,

Inari (Milkdrop),

Ryuugi (Jikuu),

Vigilante (Quelon),

Casimiro,

Surpriest.

Please make sure these details are correct and that your priest is actually named here (and not just your main)!

• Like 3

Rip RL got in the way for me lol. Will be there for the next time XD

1 hour ago, Quelon said:

Rip RL got in the way for me lol. Will be there for the next time XD

Damn, we waited right up until the last minute. I'll keep my eyes open and send a message if I hear of any more coming up.

Thanks MrCoolMan for making this happen, and to Aaedean who was there as backup, and grats to all those Vyns who made it! That's one less thing to stress about :P

• Like 4