Sign in to follow this  
verick

Using torches and pitchforks as weapons

Looking at the current state of weapons it has come to my attention that the pitchfork and torch are not usable as weapons (You can but it is just as good as slapping).

Why would these be needed as weapons in the game?

It would give just that extra bit of variety to weapons that we see being used.

I can live out my rioting peasant dreams by running into the forest pitchfork and torch in hand taking care of business.

What purpose would they serve weapon wise? Just suggestions for damage types devs know much better than me as to what would work :)

The pitchfork attack type would be piercing like the spear, but, the amount of damage would be lower and with a fighting penalty like the sickle has.

The torch attack type would be burn/crush (possibly just a roll on weather it burns or crushes?) This would also suffer a fighting penalty.

Why would time be used on this suggestion?

TBH, I don't expect it to happen, but, it really would just be nice since they are already in the game to just see them usable as emergency weapons.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 11:08 PM, verick said:

I can live out my rioting peasant dreams by running into the forest pitchfork and torch in hand taking care of business.

+1 I'd say a pitchfork is definite upgrade from a branch. 

Don't forget about storming the castle. ;) 

• Like 1

Well scythes are weapons in game and they actually do a surprising amount of damage , I think on par with a staff. 

3 hours ago, elentari said:

Well scythes are weapons in game and they actually do a surprising amount of damage , I think on par with a staff. 

but take weaponsmithing to improve, lamps and pitchforks are blacksmithing.. that kind of opens a tiny meta to use such with blacksmithing skill and skip on ws XD, like crowbar fans do

Yeah but take into account scythes are pretty crappy parry wise. Try using on for a while and you see what I mean. You can easily balance a high dmg weapon by giving it a bad parry rate. Besides SFI at  this point is filled with 90 WS accounts. 

In fact, carving and butchering knives are weapons too, but their damage is not impressive. It is possible to kill a troll with though. To do the same with a pitchfork (or a rake which is the same atm) is possible, but terrible. Never tried with a torch ;) .

Not really sure, havent be able to make/get one, that would like to use Sacrificial knife in combat too. So wasnt sure how the speed/parry rates are and few told me you can and some told me you cant use in combat or poorly in combat such as hatchets for down trees, etc.

A sac knife fares well in combat in comparison, so do carving and butchering knife. Equip a rake and try, it is the same (pitchfork atm widely is a rake skin).