Sign in to follow this  
Sylvanas

Windows 11 upgrade

I just noticed on my pc that ready to upgrade to Windows 11, havent do anything just yet and wanted to see if that Wins11 is compatible with this game? Have any having issues yet??

I remember getting the Wins10, it was a mess in some games and took awhile for them to make it more stable for programs, games, etc.

• Like 1

Every second major release of Windows was best to avoid so far so don't jump on the 11 yet.

Also read about major FPS drops on systems which are enterprise compatible because of virtualization technologies switched on by default for malware remediation purposes, supposedly not affecting upgrades of homebrew gaming rigs.

Anyway I'll avoid Win11 as long as possible, I'm also not really fond of MacOS toolbars.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

I have been running wurm on a gutted windows 11 (everything ripped out) via MSMG toolkit and it has same performance as 10 though I prefer linux still, I only suggest fresh installs of any Microsoft OS because upgrading always spells bad news.

Edited by Jeston

Yeah i figured this would happen, there no telling how long this will go on for.

So far I have had no issues running wurm on Windows 11. Though it's only been a couple of days. 

i've been  running windows 11 since it became un-officialy available.

since then  upgraded to the  rquired hardware, of ateast a  2nd gen ryzen cpu and according motherboard, officialy  win11 is not  supported on a ryzen 1700x, but i managed to  run it on there.

sofar no issues with games or anything.

Well for me, if aint broke, then dont try improve or fix it. Only matters to make it worst at some points.

Curious, incase you arent happy with Wins11, are you able to switch or roll back to Wins10 instead???

Edited by Sylvanas

20 hours ago, Elwood2 said:

i've been  running windows 11 since it became un-officialy available.

since then  upgraded to the  rquired hardware, of ateast a  2nd gen ryzen cpu and according motherboard, officialy  win11 is not  supported on a ryzen 1700x, but i managed to  run it on there.

sofar no issues with games or anything.

you can bypass TPM reqs via scripts which is a good thing cause TPM is hardware level spying

I'm having an issue atm with wurm running win 11, but my case is a bit special I think. this is what im getting after a clean install of win 11, updated version of Java and wurm. Now the custom graphics Tab on Launcher settings window is greyed out nad I only get 10 FPS in game
Just to clarify Im running Windows 11 on Bootcamp with an eGPU, before the eGPU and Win 11 upgrade i was running Bootcamp with Win 10 and had no issues then.
gkkyBLlSRMafdULK8NFZmg.png

If you go to the graphics tab, for Graphics Preset, change that to Custom, You will be able to use the Custom Graphics tab again. This was an update to Wurm and not something affected by Windows 11.