Sign in to follow this  
Drogos

Export item(s) to csv / json

Intro

It would be nice to be able to export csv / json of item(s). Let's say you have a vendor, you could just mark all items, click export, paste in a spreadsheet. Next time you could do the same, and easily see what was sold. Or you could make an export of what you have in that container on the other server cause memory is not perfect, and the 100 screenshots is a mess.

Suggested in game interaction

Mark one or more items, right click, choose export. I csv / json formatted string is copied with information to the clipboard.

Suggested csv format (json might be better, but this is just a basic suggestion, refinement welcome)

id;name;title;desc;buffs;material;rarity;ql;dmg;weight;volume;i;owner;locked;secured;permissions;server;village;building;container;group;character;

id: The unique item id (will be blank in bulk storage)
name: The base name of the item (bulk storage bin / iron lump / etc)
title: The players "rename" value of the item
desc: The text as it would show up if you were to examine the item.
buffs: A list of buffs the item has; CoC 57 etc
material: The material the item is made of
rarity: The rarity of the item (common / rare / supreme / fantastic)
ql: the exact quality, with all decimal points
dmg: the amount of damage
weight: the weight
volume: the volume
i: The tool / material needed for next improvement action
owner: The name of the owner of the item
locked: If the item is locked
secured: If the item is secured
permissions: Permissions set for the item
server: The server the item is on
village: The village the item is in (if any)
building: If the item is in a building, then the name of the building
container: If the item is in a container, then the id of that container
group: If the item is in a container that supports groups, then name of that group
character: If the item is on a character / vendor, then the name.

Did I forget some nice to have values from the export? Please supply :)

• Like 4

I suggested a Wurm REST API before  , for all the cool things, this one including.

if wurm implemented an API for players, just like EVE Online did, every developer/player can pull information from

wurm servers based on key/id/username etc.

This allows people like to build (web)apps based on data I pull from Wurm. ( based on playername, village name, server name, etc etc )

Players would have READ/GET permission, allowing data to be pulled  but not changed or deleted:

what_is_rest_api.png

1: User requests (for example) Player Data based on Username

2: Server sends back data in JSON

3: User/Developer can develop (web)apps based on the JSON data and/or normal users can use it for raw data.

Edited by Berms

Just came to think of an addition to this. One could "mark" containers (right click, set exported true / false). And if the container is marked as "exported: true", then the client would save a copy of the json every time a container is updated to disk. This way you do not have to remember to keep this up to date manually. Could just make a little program to read these files and show it in any way the user wants to.

2 minutes ago, Drogos said:

Just came to think of an addition to this. One could "mark" containers (right click, set exported true / false). And if the container is marked as "exported: true", then the client would save a copy of the json every time a container is updated to disk. This way you do not have to remember to keep this up to date manually. Could just make a little program to read these files and show it in any way the user wants to.

Would this allow us to see, for example, a central inventory of all our stuff across different deeds? Cause that would be AWESOME :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Vorticella said:

Would this allow us to see, for example, a central inventory of all our stuff across different deeds? Cause that would be AWESOME :) 

Yep, totally would, and it would let you choose between "See items in x village", or "See items on x server", or even "See items on x cluster". Basically any configuration should be possible with this setup. You could search for lets say "Rare cedarwood planks between quality 70 and 70 on Release", and it would show if you have any, and where they are located. Search could be anything really, it was just one example.

• Like 1

If course it would, it's a magic idea that has no idea of how the system works. 

8 hours ago, Archaed said:

If course it would, it's a magic idea that has no idea of how the system works. 

Oh? Is WO so completely different from WU? Or is it that I did not manage to explain it well enough? Could you elaborate on what is changed to such a degree that makes you say this?

3 hours ago, Drogos said:

Oh? Is WO so completely different from WU? Or is it that I did not manage to explain it well enough? Could you elaborate on what is changed to such a degree that makes you say this?

Old monolith working fine as is.. vs scrapped with ducttape release for home use with barely any support and tools to deal with WU?

IDK the code, haven't seen WO's or poked WU more than 1-2 times for random message demystification, but you can guess there's a difference here and there.

Could it be done, absolutely.. you have deed map prints to remodel terraforming and constructions in deed-planner for example, that might have seemed insane to ask for.. but it's pretty normal for many to use.

Depends how refined your request is, and how much time it's going to take to provide such new service to print deed stocks as whole or partial construction/container/etc prints.

Edited by Finnn

2 hours ago, Drogos said:

Oh sorry, I didn't realise there was an existing system in wu that does it along with a third party client that does all the management. My bad