Sign in to follow this  
LudwikVonGrass

[Great idea] Horde of the Forest Giant.

atoG-IE2FtJqxQwCAyT2UtD0R2Tdx6Pss_8ygskv

Wurm Online
Monster play suggestion

Hello, There is my suggestion of great thing what we could do to expand, make our life more rich on Freedom Islands, Northern and also Southern....

I'm Thinking about to add Trolls and Goblins as race that is playable let me show how I see it and how would it look a like. 

There was a lot of fights on pvp islands but now pvp seems dead soo... I get the idea of small rework that can change everything with low amount of work and also add something special to the game,

Soo:
1. We Have Freedom Islands Kingdom - Humans
2. Horde of Forest Giant - Trolls and Goblins 

1. Statistics and skills

a) Trolls would be a players that will play some time as Goblin and then will be able to rise self to become a Troll

LEGEND : T FOR TROLLS - G FOR GOBLINS

B

C

D

E

• Exorcism available only for Troll/Goblin Shamans 

F

• Farming UNavailable they can only use foraging and botanizing
  • Fighting +15% buff for Trolls +5 for Goblins
  • Fine carpentry available only for goblins but not on human lvl
  • Firemaking +15% for Trolls +10% for Goblins
  • First aid available only for Troll or Goblin shamans
  • Fishing available only for goblins
  • Fletching available only for goblins 
  • Foraging - +25% for Goblins +10% For Trolls
  • Forestry +40% for Trolls, - 15% for Goblins

G

H

J

K

L

M

N

P

R

S

T

W

OF course we can change it or make it normal.... 

But how Goblins and Trolls will build houses? They Won't do it they will have premade models like we have tents but their models will be placeable and will look just more designed for their race

Those 2 races will not be able to life with efficient without selfes Trolls and Goblins will be together, they will use mostly wooden/lether armors and more advanced richer trolls will be able to have some really much weight parts on self but not full armor

Tools will be mostly made using stone with different bonuses by using slate,marble or rift woods...

The main weapons will be clubs or part of trees eventualy some later designed weapons...

Trading:

They wont be able to trade with silvers, only item for item, also players who will want to play the monster will need to pay 5.99euros for transformation, he will get his skills 20% lower and also will not be able to learn silvers by trading and earning them will be hard soo you will need to be ready to pay from your own pocket for monthly sub
The only way to earn silvers will be.... 
SIEGES:
Once a week there will be radomly choosen human city that will have to prepare for a siege of player trolls - if trolls will win they get the silvers...
There will not be able to lose ITEMS for freedoom islands there will be only big item damage after death and also some statistic lose on both sides 

Faith:

Humans have 3 gods
Horde have 1 - Forest Giant - They will have shamans, human have priests 

Goblin_render.jpg        TrollRender.jpg
GOBLINS                                                                                                                                  TROLLS
You see we already have models for Goblins and Trolls the method of making it come true seems easy
Imagine that if you will leave like and comment you will make possibility to play as one of that two races, you will be able to create new style of ,,villages'' as someone else, smaller or bigger and also a Monster, gameplay will be more hardcore
You will see humans everyday and whos can be your enemy and destroy your inventory items just by killing you, you will have to grow a enough big horde village to defend self from lot's of populations that humans are

HORDE DEED 

Guards: Guards will be like in human version but there will be just ,,troll guards'' - starting goblins will need to know how to defend selfes right? They will need to create a tower but... it will look like catastrophy
Token: A nice looking big tooth maybe of mammoth?

And much more!!!

o2v103-08_1896600634.jpgYew543zWyOA&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
o2v104-08_2060224000.jpg

orc_watchtower_by_sebastianwagner-dbg76m

LEAVE A LIKE AND COMMENT you will have a chance to win 3silvers at the end of the week! 23.10.2021

Edited by LudwikVonGrass
  • Like 1

I like the idea of different races, but not necessarily goblins that turn into trolls. I would prefer 3 separate races: humans, goblins and trolls each with different skill buffs.

Trolls and goblins buildings can be built just like humans but with different textures and maybe they should require different materials.

Trolls couldn't use vehicles like carts or wagons, but they could carry trees or heavier items in backpacks or over their shoulder.

As for metal armor, I like the Lord of the Rings trolls, maybe they weren't very intelligent, but in Wurm they could have a bit more abilities and forge their own armor and weapons.

A one-handed metal troll weapon would be a two-handed weapon for a human, but for goblin it would be too large to be used.

Trolls would be slow but very strong, human in the middle and goblins might have great attack speed, but their hits would be weak.

the-lord-of-the-rings---eaglemoss----119

If we had any larger animals like rhinoceros or mammoths, trolls could use them as mounts with a big saddle and big saddle bags to recompense the lack of carts and wagons.

Goblins should be able to tame/breed wolves in such a way that they become non-aggressive to them all the time and use them as mounts. They could use carts and boats, but not wagon or ships.

• Like 1

@DarnokI like the ideas you gave here also yes that would be fun too, trolls also could ride champion wolves or bears I think they are enough big. 

Waiting for more of your ideas

I'll stay on my current server cluster, this doesn't appeal to me at all.

• Like 1

sounds like a great idea however why not maybe elves and dwarves 
Elves for enchantement and range weapon, jewelery smithing perks
dwarves for blacksmithing and weaponsmithing/ battle machine perks

Just an addition to the thought process.

Very well layed out in detail!

Edited by SirEvo
  • Like 1

i think we should add aliens, who can craft spaceships that enables us to air-ride to jackal and other wurm moons... 

• Like 1

@Skatynait's nice sarcasm but I don't get it why not to let people be the creature that they want to be? Goblins, Trolls - they are in lore and they are not Gods but monsterous some kind of humanoid creatures with brains;) :D
 @DaletheGoodIf you like how it looks ;) thanks for opinion 

Hard pass from me.

The lack of classes is what makes Wurm pretty unique and cool for many.

• Like 3

Fully agree to Madnath. My respect for the work on the idea. The presentation is awesome as well. But no, I fail to see a chance for implementation in Wurm, and would not appreciate it.

• Like 2

For a WU server/cluster, sure; but I think no for WO.  On WO the whole no-class thing was certainly a major draw card for me.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

@Darnok

It can be disscused: 

What changed :

no pvp on pve - soo you can be now 100 percent sure that there will be only that  on pvp 

races and classes are different things but also its about LOOK and things that some players would love to have and some wont.

Wurm is unique but if you will Play human nothing will be really changed for you and monster play will bring more money for dev pockets and also maybe will catch some more new players to try and build something bigger,

Also for me:

Low optional pvp on freedom would be nice thing for peoples that want it they could join for peoples that doesnt want it they stay where they are... But your choice and I understand it.

Anyway suggestion went forward to be disscused inside the developer team already and they will look is it possible and also how they see it. 

If you guys want to keep the game like it is for you it will still be the same game, all of those options that I wrote here are optional (the race change, buffs) for new players that like the idea and would want to play something else than human especially that stage of implementing new player model to goblin and troll shouldnt be that hard becourse we already have rigged models in game one lack can be the lack in some animations.

I understand how you see it but for me thinking and blocking something that some of you wont use and doesnt have inpact on you is like another level on my mind.

Anyway if it will be needed I will pay for this project with my own pocket and make it for closed group of peoples to not interupt your game.

trolls and goblins may have also another one island at northern isles who knows or maybe it will even not be able to make it in game becourse code.

2 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

4 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

For a WU server/cluster, sure; but I think no for WO.  On WO the whole no-class thing was certainly a major draw card for me.

@TheTricksterwho say about classes its about skill bonuses like you get from affinity or food

7 hours ago, kochinac said:

-1, wrong game mate

@kochinacevery game is good to implement some changes ;)

15 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Fully agree to Madnath. My respect for the work on the idea. The presentation is awesome as well. But no, I fail to see a chance for implementation in Wurm, and would not appreciate it.

15 hours ago, Madnath said:

Hard pass from me.

The lack of classes is what makes Wurm pretty unique and cool for many.

@Madnath again who says about classes its all about better bonuses and skill gains or debuffs same like you get from food and other things ;)

2 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Sounds like an attempt to bring PvP to PvE; no thanks!

@Etherdrifterdo you go hunting or you do rift sometimes ? It would be optional like this 

4 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

7 hours ago, kochinac said:

15 hours ago, Ekcin said:

@Ekcinrespect for the opinion but why you wouldnt appreciate things that would be implemented but would be optional for you ? 

15 hours ago, Madnath said:

Thanks for opinions!! : D

Edited by LudwikVonGrass

I would add a little experiment for goblins and trolls.
The goblins could be both an ordinary character and a sorcerer who could cast spells.
And trolls could get several times faster skill gain for all skills x5 or even more, but if your character dies it's game over and you start over.

Humans can also be divided into several races with different buildings and items.
For example, people of the East would be closer to Mongols, that is, a nomadic way of life. Most of the tools would be wood, bone and leather as the basic materials for armor or tents/buildings.
In the south, clay buildings, a lot of sand, the main way to travel is camel riding. Lots of clay containers, more copper and bronze items.

North is the current design.

The West is the Incas/Aztecs and their stone cities with completely new textures.

Each race would have its own weapon and armor design.

Also a unique crafting branch, so that trade makes sense and that no one can be self-sufficient. Well, unless someone was playing several characters at the same time.

• Like 1

Darnok you have nice idea but also too much doesnt means better, tons and tons of work but yeah its all about things I would love to see much more designs, characters and such but im worried that with code and not enough peoples that works on wurm it would be something enough big like a new game creation :D

3 hours ago, LudwikVonGrass said:

@Madnath again who says about classes its all about better bonuses and skill gains or debuffs same like you get from food and other things ;)

What you're proposing is what many would consider a class based choice, and it's what it seems to appear like to everyone else.

The way these classes are set up also creates an almost guideline on playstyle. Why would I want to play a class, or race, that does worse in some skills at the benefit of some others. There's also the restrictions to imping and item creation, which was see commonly loathed for priest accounts.

These ideas also seem like they'd only work on PvP servers, given how humans can freely kill troll/goblin players. I think we all know that most PvE players have no interest in any PvP style activities, so that'd be a major dividing factor.

Taking players out of the economy too is also a bit of a dodgy concept since a lot of people depend on earning silver to fund things like deeds. Since they seem to lose access to banking and silvers, how do you propose deeds are maintained without them clogging up the land?

And while we're talking about taking mechanics and systems away, having prefab building only means that players totally lose the ability to be creative or constructive. A massive loss for anyone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LudwikVonGrass said:

@Etherdrifterdo you go hunting or you do rift sometimes ? It would be optional like this

"Once a week there will be radomly choosen human city that will have to prepare for a siege of player trolls - if trolls will win they get the silvers...
There will not be able to lose ITEMS for freedoom islands there will be only big item damage after death and also some statistic lose on both sides "

This is the part where you lost me; the idea of including extra races is a fun one, but the thought of having my home ransacked doesn't really appeal (bare in mind, it's in a tough to access area so trying to fix the damage caused by climbers would take years)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LudwikVonGrass said:

Darnok you have nice idea but also too much doesnt means better, tons and tons of work but yeah its all about things I would love to see much more designs, characters and such but im worried that with code and not enough peoples that works on wurm it would be something enough big like a new game creation :D

Devs can always add DLC with new races and maps. Only characters of a given new race can start game on a new map, but anyone can swim to it on PvE servers.

Simple and would probably pay off.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Darnok said:

Devs can always add DLC with new races and maps.

Yes, please! that's exactly what we need the most. More new maps.. 

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

On 10/16/2021 at 10:08 PM, LudwikVonGrass said:

LEAVE A LIKE AND COMMENT you will have a chance to win 3silvers at the end of the week! 23.10.2021

Eh?  

Poor form, LVG.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LudwikVonGrass said:

New maps i think are not great idea with current not really huge playerbase

New maps attract new players, because discovering new areas is interesting, and traveling along roads created by other players does not make sense.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Eh?  

Poor form, LVG.

Just wanted to motivate for disscussion and small event ;)