Sign in to follow this  
notstupidbobb

New horse traits

Just want to say something about a new horse trait I saw this morning,  ...  It looks plump and ready to butcher.   My question is ........WHY?   What good was this?   It is hard enough to breed in the traits you want, to get a fast horse, or a draft horse, and to get rid of bad traits.  What was the point of this?  Do people actually breed horses in this game for meat?   Did you add this as a joke or just to make the whole process even more difficult?   In my opinion, .. stupid idea.  Okay that's about it, thanks. 

• Like 1

Its an output trait, for animals that you kill for produce (meat and leather) such as Cows, Pigs, etc

It might have been an old horse as far as i know. Horses cant get output traits now.

brand new horse this morning from other new horse,  I have been playing and breeding horses in this game for about .. 8/9 years.. its new.  

1 hour ago, notstupidbobb said:

Just want to say something about a new horse trait I saw this morning,  ...  It looks plump and ready to butcher.   My question is ........WHY?   What good was this?   It is hard enough to breed in the traits you want, to get a fast horse, or a draft horse, and to get rid of bad traits.  What was the point of this?  Do people actually breed horses in this game for meat?   Did you add this as a joke or just to make the whole process even more difficult?   In my opinion, .. stupid idea.  Okay that's about it, thanks. 

that is op on pvp..

but on pve is a pure joke and nerf to waste points on any of the lul output and such traits that aren't just affecting shearing/milking

kind of... more rng.. more not directly useful things.. 

stuff gets really weird to get good results..

we have no way to pick what we try to breed for.. if we want speed or draft horse or a mix of that... and if skill and w/e rng.. does a good or bad roll to get exactly what we want or not or have it somewhat tweaked for the better or worse.. 

If its not new then it must be one of the rarest of rare traits, my highest skill for years was AH, i have bred hundreds of horses. Never ever ever have i before seen plump .. never. not once ever ever, and i used to have a list of horse traits, it was not on that list.  

The OLD Traits , were malformed legs, weak feeble, strong legs, carries more, aggressive, strong body, hungry,  lightning, unmotivated, fleeter than normal, strong body, certain spark in its eyes, unusually strong and healthy ,  tough bugger,  cannot remember if there were more, but i believe that is the former complete list. 

But, the list you just posted seems to be the updated  list of the new traits, I am not sure what you are saying, you said not too new,  but it is from the breeding update, ( no idea of the date that came out). 

I have only recently tried breeding draft horses, since they made that a "thing",  so new to me may not be new to you. 

Plump for output of meat on a horse, is a wasted trait to me, and like I said in original post, it just adds to the difficulty of breeding a horse.. and makes me unhappy.  Which is probably already obvious.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, notstupidbobb said:

If its not new then it must be one of the rarest of rare traits, my highest skill for years was AH, i have bred hundreds of horses. Never ever ever have i before seen plump .. never. not once ever ever, and i used to have a list of horse traits, it was not on that list.  

The OLD Traits , were malformed legs, weak feeble, strong legs, carries more, aggressive, strong body, hungry,  lightning, unmotivated, fleeter than normal, strong body, certain spark in its eyes, unusually strong and healthy ,  tough bugger,  cannot remember if there were more, but i believe that is the former complete list. 

But, the list you just posted seems to be the updated  list of the new traits, I am not sure what you are saying, you said not too new,  but it is from the breeding update, ( no idea of the date that came out). 

I have only recently tried breeding draft horses, since they made that a "thing",  so new to me may not be new to you. 

Plump for output of meat on a horse, is a wasted trait to me, and like I said in original post, it just adds to the difficulty of breeding a horse.. and makes me unhappy.  Which is probably already obvious.  

Came out in May :) 

Valrei International: Feeding time! - City Hall - Wurm Online Forum if your wanting more details

So yes if you have not done much Breeding since then I can certainly see how it would seem new.its still being worked on by the Devs though, the most recent fixes which came out at the end of September were supposed to put an end to animals getting less useful traits or traits that don't make sense for them (ie. speed traits on sheep/Bison)

I guess as its an output trait they are still listed as universal and as such are available as part of the horse trait pool, certainly an annoyance indeed,

"Large chance to be ignored" is not the same as "impossible to get". Can people stop saying it's the last patch was supposed to make it impossible already and read the patch notes properly?

They reduced the chance.

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 1

from the patch notes

Animal Breeding Tweaks:

• Speed/Draft/Output traits will now have a large chance to be ignored during selection if the creature has no use for those traits.
  • Improved chance to pass on dominant traits.

I dont like it either as I got a few now that got output occasionally but more of it is misc. but overall I am seeing more and better draft/speed traits pass on.

the next line where they state misc traits are now suppose to be less common however I am skeptical of given how prevalent misc has been on my animals.

also bold mine Darklords is one of the dev's

On 9/24/2021 at 3:14 PM, Darklords said:

Some random additional traits will always happen as that's how it seeds new traits into horses is it just happening to commonly?

For the 5 points from cap, you can't go over the cap so only a 5 point trait could fill that, if that's not the case from what you have seen let me know.

Going to take more of the random element out of colors and just give it some flat rates to pass on a parents color going forward would 4/5 taking on parent color and 1/5 chance to take on a new random color be consistent enough?

these are from the patch thread. If you post the info in the patch thread about getting output to on horses too often ( if its happening often) rather then once in a while it will prob have a better chance to be read.

hope that helps clarify things

Edited by Yserin