Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Fix the disembark bug when sailing cross-servers

I know this is an old thing and probably posted a few times by now but still makes sailing tiring. 

Each time I cross over from one server to another, the game shows me swimming in the water despite the fact that the server counts me as being embarked on boat. 

It's one of those things that starts to gnaw at you after a while and it's a simple quality of life change that would do wonders for the sailing experience. Every time I have to disembark and re-embark again, it's not an end of the world bug, but at the same time it's one of those persistent nuisances in Wurm that shouldn't be a feature. There's plenty of such examples in the game we end up getting used to, but they should be fixed nonetheless. Any feedback ?

Edited by elentari
  • Like 10

I agree with this. It doesn't just happen when wrongly trying to sail off corners, but even in a regular plotted-course sailing from server to server without being near the corners.

• Like 1

For me at least it's happened every time for the past year without exception. I've sailed to a lot of rifts for my journal goal, sometimes with plot course other times without, but every time it's been the same thing. Don't know what other players experience, but I'm guessing it's a general wurm issue. 

Happens about 9/10 times for me; I cross servers most days and have been doing so (with this problem) for years; I get thrown to sea level, my boat spins around (anything from 90 - 180 degrees) and I have to disembark and re-embark and put my sails up again.

Worse yet is when you have passengers and they occasionally get disembarked and left behind on the server you came from.

yeah, big +1 for this and for not getting thrown off the boat when making a sharp turn

As@crimsonearthsays, when you cross servers the boat often begins facing North, even if you came from the North itself, which is very disorienting.  I presume this is to do with the player rotation being handled clientside, but it would be nice to store your orientation variable somehow and pass it in on log in so that this does not happen.  The same for when you log into the world on land, I'm tired of logging back in during farming or foraging, and facing the wrong way, thus completely losing my sense of direction.  Can we store this variable and reload it on log in? Thanks.

Edited by Muse

Dropped in the sea, boat faces North.

This happens to me almost every time.

It really would be nice to have a fix.

So why is this simple bug not fixed yet? You literally have to adjust the server-cross function in the code to have players embarked on default when crossing the server and connected to the destination server...