Sign in to follow this  
TinyTim

Two Suggestions

So one of my suggestions is to add the ability to marry someone. Also allowing the ability to craft wedding like objects and wedding rings. Idk what type of bonuses you could give to a couple but I noticed a lot of IRL couples play this together, myself included, but I think it would be great to have.

Also, updating the way animals are tamed/claimed for a deed or player. Right now, guards still register a tamed monster as aggro, even though it isn't thus they will attack them when on the deed. I think the coding should change so that when a creature is tamed by a player, there is a coding tag associated for that player, then the player can add a permission to the animal to be allowed to be messed with by the deed that he belongs to and or other players. That way, when a player accidently dismounts on someone's deed, that animal isn't auto locked into that deed because of the permission set up. I can understand that permission being enabled for PVP servers, as a way to prevent someone from riding into a town, doing damage, then mounting and riding away but it should be auto disabled for PVE towns. 

Or you can just do auto-branding feature like I mentioned above where when tamed it's auto marked to a player and isn't considered a hostile creature or still a wild animal.

- 1 to marrying.

I mean, can't you just make a ring and name it 'sonso and suchnsuch'?

• Like 1

Hmm, even though a funky idea it does make sense to a degree, game i can remember you actually get a little bit of stats from marriage is ragnarok online.

Perhaps if we had 4 different churches we could build in game devoted to each of the 4 gods would give you different stat/bonus depending on which god's church you marry in?

Don't mind me, just a hallway thought, hah!

• Like 1

but the reason branding is tied to deeds is that  you have to balances how many animal you want to brand with the size of your deed, how would you set the limit if you base branding on players? and would branding for deeds need to go away or be reduced to balance that out?

On 10/16/2021 at 4:20 AM, Tpikol said:

but the reason branding is tied to deeds is that  you have to balances how many animal you want to brand with the size of your deed, how would you set the limit if you base branding on players? and would branding for deeds need to go away or be reduced to balance that out?

I was more of trying to think of a solution for 1. Animals like Hell Horses to stop the red aura once tamed when hovered over and for guards to not attack them. 2. Stop the issue of riding a mount and then say you get DC'd and you just happened to be on a villages property and they have the setting turned on, thus you leaving that mount behind on their property until a member is on to move it. 

On 10/14/2021 at 10:48 AM, DaletheGood said:

meh, -1

On 10/13/2021 at 8:03 PM, belacane said:

- 1 to marrying.

I mean, can't you just make a ring and name it 'sonso and suchnsuch'?

Still isn't the point. Neither of these offer any counter argument to why marrying shouldn't be in the game. I mean sure if it doesn't interest you then you don't have to do it. There a few of us though that actually would like to see the idea happen in the game especially for the timeline we are in, in game. 

On 10/14/2021 at 4:03 AM, Rukhal said:

Hmm, even though a funky idea it does make sense to a degree, game i can remember you actually get a little bit of stats from marriage is ragnarok online.

Perhaps if we had 4 different churches we could build in game devoted to each of the 4 gods would give you different stat/bonus depending on which god's church you marry in?

Don't mind me, just a hallway thought, hah!

Yes I thought about that as well. Build a chapel for the god you believe in and each one would have different decorations for a wedding based on the god and the bonuses to the couple would be based on what pleases the God. Idk how the devs would work it out to make it balanced but yeah still would be fun.

It would also give Priests of a God another thing they could do in game for sake of RP wise.

1 hour ago, TinyTim said:

Neither of these offer any counter argument to why marrying shouldn't be in the game.

I don't feel it's necessary to expound on my objections, or offer counter arguments, or tell you how to improve your suggestion. It's quite enough to vote against your proposal. If it's not enough for you, don't know what to tell ya. Still, -1 on marrying and all that.

Can't see a reason for an actual mechanism in the game for this.  "I think it would be a great thing to have," isn't actually an argument. 

There is nothing stopping anyone from role-playing this.  You could create rings and "engrave" them by renaming. Set up house together 

If you want a wedding, I know a guy with a shiny wagon you can use as a carriage, and I have some truly nice-looking horse-tack, and our alliance has horses of every colour.  We could do a package deal on hiring out.

I can even sell you a bed that sleeps two.*

*A bed that is rare.  It has been a common myth that these sleep two.  They don't but are the closest you will get.

Edited by TheTrickster
joke played straight - needing disclaimer

13 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

I can even sell you a bed that sleeps two.

Are you talking about a canopy bed or one that two players could actually log out with at the same time? Because the later would really be quite convenient for a few friends of mine with multiple alts.

As for the OP... Don't let the lack of game mechanics impede you. As the old saying goes: "Where there's a will there's a way.". ;)

And I'm with you on not wanting the guards to target tamed animals. It's one of the many reasons we don't have guards on our deed.

Sorry, I have qualified that.  It was meant as a joke.  I have a rare bed, and there is a persistent but baseless myth that these sleep extra people.  They don't.   

Note my portrait.  Rather than a smiley face, I have a pokerface.  My humour tends to be dry and I do tend to deliver it pokerfaced.  

Edited by TheTrickster

9 hours ago, TinyTim said:

I was more of trying to think of a solution for 1. Animals like Hell Horses to stop the red aura once tamed when hovered over and for guards to not attack them.

im not sure about what the exact step are to do this but people do this already.

9 hours ago, TinyTim said:

2. Stop the issue of riding a mount and then say you get DC'd and you just happened to be on a villages property and they have the setting turned on, thus you leaving that mount behind on their property until a member is on to move it. 

branding exists to solve this, and it does.

the marriage part i don't care either way if people want it and it can be done easily it wont affect people who dont.

13 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Sorry, I have qualified that.  It was meant as a joke.  I have a rare bed, and there is a persistent but baseless myth that these sleep extra people.  They don't.   

Note my portrait.  Rather than a smiley face, I have a pokerface.  My humour tends to be dry and I do tend to deliver it pokerfaced.  

LOL Well they should! ;)

Thank you for clarifying the face, silly me I thought it was a bored face. :D

6 hours ago, Katrat said:

LOL Well they should! ;)

Thank you for clarifying the face, silly me I thought it was a bored face. :D

😐

On 10/17/2021 at 8:24 PM, TheTrickster said:

Can't see a reason for an actual mechanism in the game for this.  "I think it would be a great thing to have," isn't actually an argument. 

There is nothing stopping anyone from role-playing this.  You could create rings and "engrave" them by renaming. Set up house together 

If you want a wedding, I know a guy with a shiny wagon you can use as a carriage, and I have some truly nice-looking horse-tack, and our alliance has horses of every colour.  We could do a package deal on hiring out.

I can even sell you a bed that sleeps two.*

*A bed that is rare.  It has been a common myth that these sleep two.  They don't but are the closest you will get.

Sure you can role play it but even if they don't add buffs to being married in the game, because IRL you don't get buffs, it would still be a nice feature to have in the game for those who want to see it. For those who are like eh don't want it, I mean what would it hurt you in ANY way if it was a feature in the game? I'm 100% sure there are things in the game you're not interested in so you just don't do it. Same thing to this.

It would be cool to see a chat line (similar to how a settlement would be founded or disbanded) that so and so was married plus seeing unique wedding items based upon the God of the Priest. It literally hurts 0 people to add this feature into the game, with or without buffs. If they included buffs for being married, yes it would be abused with alts, but are you telling me that none of you already abuse alts in your town?

Like I haven't seen an actual argument to why this feature shouldn't be in the game (as in, it's gamebreaking etc) it's always, just RP it out or eh -1. These are dumb responses imo. Like tell me why it shouldn't be a feature in the game. Without any buffs, it does nothing to the rest of the game in terms of game altering.

56 minutes ago, TinyTim said:

It literally hurts 0 people to add this feature into the game

Not true. What it does is takes valuable and extremely limited time away from a very small group of developers in order to implement this suggestion. You don't seem to have convinced too many that this feature is needed, or even wanted, but there are many many suggestions that have a LOT of support from the community. One would hope and pray that the developers would not waste time on implementing unpopular suggestions in lieu of putting in the immensely popular ones.  So yeah, all the people who would like to see, oh I don't know, diagonal fences and walls, or a massive expansion of decorating options, or being able to see the slope of a cave ceiling, all of those people would be hurt by implementing your idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TinyTim said:

Like I haven't seen an actual argument to why this feature shouldn't be in the game

If true that could have something to with the fact that there hasn't yet been an actual argument why this feature SHOULD be in the game.  You have said "I would like it", others have said "I wouldn't like it" which carries every bit as much weight. 

However, it has been argued by a few it is ALREADY in the game, just not with a labelled mechanism, which would only really be necessary if this was to convey something to the player, which you have already said would be exploitable. (FWIW I don't alt, ever).

And then, there is this;

2 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

What it does is takes valuable and extremely limited time away from a very small group of developers in order to implement this suggestion. You don't seem to have convinced too many that this feature is needed, or even wanted, but there are many many suggestions that have a LOT of support from the community. One would hope and pray that the developers would not waste time on implementing unpopular suggestions in lieu of putting in the immensely popular ones.  So yeah, all the people who would like to see, oh I don't know, diagonal fences and walls, or a massive expansion of decorating options, or being able to see the slope of a cave ceiling, all of those people would be hurt by implementing your idea.

A clear, valid, well-reasoned argument why it shouldn't be implemented.

3 hours ago, TinyTim said:

it does nothing to the rest of the game in terms of game altering.

That is also a reasonable argument against implementing it.  😁