Sign in to follow this  
Ltnicolas

Which sword is Wurm's 2H modelled after?

RL Greatsword enthusiast here. This may a bit of a perfectionist thingy, but if it's not worth it then at least I hope will make for some good reading, or someone can enlighten me about the topic.

Any sword / HEMA enthusiast got any opinion about Wurm's 2H? I have not found what sword is it modelled after. Someone told me it could be a Bavarian Zweihander (a "German 2-Hander", a greatsword actually). Bears great similarity with the "Mettenheim Duelling Sword" from Prophecy of Pendor, a mod for Mount and Blade: Warband (best mod ever IMO). Wiki link for pictures here: https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Mettenheim_Dueling_Sword

Googling Bavarian Greatsword shows me no relatable models.

Anyone got any info? Thanks beforehand!

Nicolás

2h_sword.jpg

adding the wiki picture for quick reference.

No idea who designed the 2H sword, they would be able to answer you, sadly Wurm is usually far from accurate when it comes to historical models (just look at the bows and their skins *inner cringe mode activated*).

Most of the broadswords and greatswords are a bit similar to the model (depending on the era and smithing process). It is most likely not a Zweihander though seeing the lack of the typical second guard.

Yes, it's very rare to see an accurate historical model and, to be honest, few people in Wurm would care for accuracy, but that's okay.

Looks a bit on the small side to be a Zweihander for me. Has a ricasso (the blunt part of the blade, right after the grip), a beautiful fuller (the "gutter") and personally I love the model.

Here's a pic of the Mettenheim Duelling Sword i mentioned (didnt know how to put images before)
SCwTuB5.png

Edited by Ltnicolas
Can't put image, IDK

All I can think of is Braveheart, the movie.

See the source image

Edited by MordosKull