Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Development Update - October 2021

Welcome to your new post, Keenan, and congratulations! Looks like we continue being in good hands.

Looking forward to more Wurm greatness, now with you officially at the helm!

• Cat 1

I recall you saying that if you had more of a say there'd be coffee in the game

🤔

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

Ew just what we needed, someone competent at the helm, how disgraceful /s

Congrats

9 hours ago, Keenan said:

in the meantime, we will be focusing on smaller suggestions,

If this is talking about things such as choosing what to dispel and such then I'd say shifting priorities is awesome!

Congratulations on the new position Keenan. Look forward to what you have in store for us :) Thanks for all you've done and are going to do for us Wurmians

• Like 1

Congrats on the new role, we truly are in good hands. Looking forward to the new road map and exciting changes. I'm not personally much of a 'grinder' but the bonus, especially a week long, is a very welcome gift for the players for sure, so thanks! Halloween has always been my favourite holiday in Wurm, now really looking forward to it with whatever you have up your sleeve for us :)

• Like 2

We couldn't be in better hands, congrats Keenan. ❤️ Feeling extremely positive and hopeful for the future of Wurm! 

• Like 3

Congratz keenan and for samool, really hope whatever issues you having get solved and wish you the best of luck goin forward.

When that is said, you team getting smaller just make my concern grow bigger, not long ago you use 5 month to fix a broken update for one of your core mechanic, something many wurm players has built their playstyle around. So with the limited time you allready seems to have and now loosing another dev doesnt seems like a good match. a few words and some map dumps seems to make people dance again, atleast for awhile but from been a everyday player this made me totally cut off Wurm.

Pushing back exploration update to allow it to get tested seems like a good idea, but i rather you mention fixing some of the long time bugs along side with adding some smaller things that has been suggested, my biggest frustration is the boarder crossing that ive lost many hours on.

1. Are you goin to hire a replacement?

2. Will you start taking care of the steam playerbase?(most player joining this days seems to be through steam but none of the devs has ever showed their face on steam making most leave this "dead game"

3. will you merge the playerbase soon? most of the servers has an unhealthy playerbase.

4. can we expect this devolepment updates to be monthly? Even if theres nothing new, just to say hey we still working on XXX helps alot.

5. will there be more of this events with 30% skill bonus? thinking more like having x amount of things to rotate with, so we can have this monthly and not just when you need to say "sorry", would work as a motivation i believe.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Archaed said:

I recall you saying that if you had more of a say there'd be coffee in the game

🤔

Coffee confirmed. #inbeforechristmas

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stinboi said:

3. will you merge the playerbase soon? most of the servers has an unhealthy playerbase.

and if they merge all of them will.

• Like 2

Wurm needs more events so the content doesn't become too stale. Other than the occasional impalong we don't have much going on. Content updates have been sparse recently and if we don't get huge updates (the AH update was a bust objectively which didn't alter the gameplay for the better, it's just...a different experience) at least give us some monthly events. 

Maybe scavenger hunts, easter egg hunts, puzzles, coop server goals, group challenges, something to liven up the atmosphere. The kingdom chats are pretty silent these days and gchat is as well. 

Hope some steps to boost the population through new events are considered. Our population is dwindling fast. 

• Like 6

Congratulations! and thanks for the update :) 

15 hours ago, elentari said:

Wurm needs more events so the content doesn't become too stale. Other than the occasional impalong we don't have much going on. Content updates have been sparse recently and if we don't get huge updates (the AH update was a bust objectively which didn't alter the gameplay for the better, it's just...a different experience) at least give us some monthly events. 

Maybe scavenger hunts, easter egg hunts, puzzles, coop server goals, group challenges, something to liven up the atmosphere. The kingdom chats are pretty silent these days and gchat is as well. 

Hope some steps to boost the population through new events are considered. Our population is dwindling fast. 

I mean I agree with you but usually the impalongs are held and planned by players. I would like to see more happening, at the very least updates on whats going on with the development side of things, even if it's just, hey, everyone here is on vacay and we decided to send postcards from wurm.

So coffee and tea and nice utensils are really a thing soon!

6 hours ago, Jaz said:

So coffee and tea and nice utensils are really a thing soon!

IdTqD0T.png

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Keenan said:

IdTqD0T.png

Scream - Wurm edition!

I'd honestly start talking about the greatness of coffee if it allowed us to get some fatigue back. Just sayin'

• Like 3

Hope they give us some nice buffs. 

Would love to build my own coffee plantation with sla---- I mean lovely wurmians that can farm for me in exchange for erm.... free food and board. 

Curious as to how coffee will work.

Is possible run wurm in some 3d stereoskopic soft like tridef 3d?

On 10/11/2021 at 7:48 PM, Keenan said:

we will be focusing on smaller suggestions

Congrats Keenan - trusting that in your hands Wurm will improve enough to retain and attract more players.

One small suggestion would be to allow a cow or donkey to be hitched to a small cart and lead by newbies and F2P players - this might, just might, help keep some of them ingame.

Concerned with only "smaller" suggestions being focused on, as a really nice "big" suggestion which has been asked for many times is GLASS and GLASS MAKING skill.

This would give more use for sand, add another "building/masonry" skill and improve the QoL for players with glass utensils, i.e. drinking glasses and (sealable) bottles, along with glass window panes to be added to the windows - which could be coloured if dyes are added.  Please see if you can add this idea into your road map.

Regarding the idea above about more events - where is Enki in all this?  Was it not he who designed the puzzle events?  or was that another person?

Also something seriously needs to be done about unique slayings, so that private groups do not benefit from these at the expense of 99% of the rest of the players.

2 hours ago, Baloo said:

One small suggestion would be to allow a cow or donkey to be hitched to a small cart and lead by newbies and F2P players - this might, just might, help keep some of them ingame.

Concerned with only "smaller" suggestions being focused on, as a really nice "big" suggestion which has been asked for many times is GLASS and GLASS MAKING skill.

Also something seriously needs to be done about unique slayings, so that private groups do not benefit from these at the expense of 99% of the rest of the players.

Both have been suggested time and time again, glassmaking really would be nice to see.

And, horrible exaggeration aside, nothing is stopping you or anyone else from joining in the hunt. The little bit of information that helps in specifically hunting for Uniques has never been more readily available. 

They're a resource like anything else in the game. (And not even a necessary one, at that.)