Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Development Update - October 2021

Hello all!

As per Samool’s post, I’ll be stepping up as the product manager for Wurm Online. Thank you for all the hard work you’ve done Samool. Working with you has been a pleasure, and I wish you all the best. I do hope you are able to bring your amazing skills back to us in the future.

I’d like to start by saying that I am working on an updated road map, which may take a little more time before it’s ready, to ensure accuracy. What I can say right now is that we are shifting priorities a little: the Exploration update is still on the radar but will be pushed back to allow more time to finish and test it; in the meantime, we will be focusing on smaller suggestions, as well as some surprises for Halloween, all coming later this month. There is other content brewing as well, but I’ll leave that for teasing later!

Map dumps will be coming around the New Year, as per our normal schedule, but they will include Northern Freedom Isles! Defiance will have a map dump that is delayed somewhat, with the actual delay still being determined; this is to protect fledgling villages that are still working on defenses.

Finally, as a thank you for being patient with us, we will be running a 30% skill-gain and affinity bonus weekend at the end of this month. This will start with the update on the 28th of October and continue until midnight, server time, on the 4th of November (Thursday - Wednesday). 

Thank you all and happy Wurming!

Edit: Due to some recommendations, we'll be doing a full week of bonus instead of just a weekend. This is to accommodate folks of varying play times.

• Like 72
  • Cat 2

looks like good news but too bad that the skillgain week covers only the last 2 days of the impalong

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

looks like good news but too bad that the skillgain week covers only the last 2 days of the impalong

That is perfectly ok... impalongs aren't great for skill-grinds, you go there with different purpose in mind. I improve items with woa tools at impalongs.

6 minutes ago, Holar said:

That #30% about to be lit

30% skillgain for ~6days, you can burn all fatigue in ~2-3 days, then burn on fumes

What I wonder is if.. small suggestion focus somewhat includes the one to fix affinity food management, removing existing buffs, resetting and taking first-bite buff timer, and having nibble option rather than maniacally pumping escape button like a savage when eating to get affinity buffs; also wonder what happens with the bug report from obi and gorski that code ruins rarity windows when we right click or do some other kind of server sync action(this probably needs to happen if/when rarity system is reviewed and made to be actually engaging rather than bott spamming creation to print money as it is currently); additionally could be nice to get a woodcutting buff.. as getting only 1x ql100 log per tree if rng allows the player to get a good felled tree is just sad and completely unrewarding end-game, the 100+ rolls just return junk log qls and whole grind for high skill turns into a penalty. Unsure how much that applies for mining, but guessing it's the same and 100+ rolls harm the resource gathering(judging by mining iron with supreme runed 97ql pickaxe and getting avrg ql90.50 with 99.86 mining skill.. sure there should be some "salt", rng or whatever but.. if the tool and skill are high.. so should be the results.

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 4

For Defiance its basically 1 week of feeling what its like to be playing on the freedom side

When will this stuff be adressed?

#GiveDefianceMeditation

Just now, Joemog said:

For Defiance its basically 1 week of feeling what its like to be playing on the freedom side

When will this stuff be adressed?

#GiveDefianceMeditation

true that

Congrats Keenan!

You've done amazing things for Wurm for years, hope to see even more in the ones to come

9 minutes ago, Finnn said:

That is perfectly ok... impalongs aren't great for skill-grinds, you go there with different purpose in mind. I improve items with woa tools at impalongs.

what you have in your mind doesn't change the fact that imping nonstop without having to move while people bring their stuff to get imped is great for skill, woa or no woa.

looking forward to those quality of life updates you talked about recently.

• Like 2

Congrats on the promotion, I'm optimistic for your vision of the game.

So, think you can fit the journal into your roadmap?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tpikol said:

what you have in your mind doesn't change the fact that imping nonstop without having to move while people bring their stuff to get imped is great for skill, woa or no woa.

looking forward to those quality of life updates you talked about recently.

Congrats on the new challenges ahead! 🎉

All the stuff sounds pretty good, like working on QoL and suggestions!

Even skill-gain bonus a whole week - thanks for all of that!

Blimey, maybe I should sneak on for that 30% extra Tracking skillgain!

• Like 2

Looking good and sounding great -- looking forward to it!
Cant wait for the 30% skillgain!!!

• Cat 1

Will you have DeveloperDeveloper in your forum title now Keenan, since youre putting all these shoes on? :D 

Srsly, i dare you

Edited by Nordlys
  • Cat 1

Many congratulations Keenan.

You have made great efforts to keep all of us players as updated with Wurm news even when difficult to do so and for that I give my thanks.

You are most definitely a 'safe pair of hands' and we are fortunate to have you here.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Big grats Keenan, I feel you are an optimal person to push the wagon of Wurm forward. Just don't let us players get stuck you in the mud ...

3 hours ago, Keenan said:

There is other content brewing as well, but I’ll leave that for teasing later!

With all your hard work on the easier control of the servers, I see copies of Freedom servers as PvP ones for the 1st of April - without prior warning ofc :)

@Finnnif anyone hits the fatigue limit in those few days they need to get up and change their shorts anyway, too much mouth breathing and stank in that room.

ty for the post! I look forward to seeing what comes forward with the road map.

also ty for the skillgain coming up.

• Cat 1