Sign in to follow this  
Samool

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'll be stepping down from my post as a Product Manager of Wurm Online, due to a pileup of personal issues and health problems. It has been a great adventure and I've thoroughly enjoyed working on the game I've played and loved for over a decade, but it's time someone else takes the lead as I'm not fit at the moment to do it properly.

There's no better person to carry this game further than Keenan so I'm certain it'll turn out great with him at the helm - you can expect a development update post from him shortly :) 

Thanks for the chance, and see you around Wurm!
Samool

• Like 55
  • Cat 7

Big shoes to be filled there! Thank you for all your hard work over the years, Samool - I hope stepping back gives you time to focus on your health and other things. ❤️

• Like 2

It was wonderful to work with you Samool, and I hope things start working towards an up-and-up. Keenan is a great choice in the passing of the reins, and will have much support from myself and other staff members in his new role. You just focus on getting better! 

• Like 5

Sorry to hear about RL Stuff Samool. Hope things turn out ok. Thank you for all that you have done.

Stay Safe.

• Like 2

its still funny to me that i remember both of you as players. be safe Samool.

• Like 1

Thanks again Samool! Hope everything turns out even better than hoped! ❤️ 

Edited by neopherus
missing word
  • Like 1

Hope you are able to get things sorted out. Be well. 🥵

• Like 1

All the best to you Samool! And thank you for all the things you've done for Wurm ❤️

Now get well soon and I hope you get your things sorted!

• Like 1

Thanks for your amazing work, and thanks for all you've done for us and for Wurm.  You're someone up to whom I look.  Best wishes for the future. :) 

Edited by Muse
  • Like 1

Thank you for the hard and decent work, Samool. Best wishes, and hope to see you back soon!

• Like 1

Thank you so much Samool for all that you have done over many years to help make Wurm the great game that it is.

All the very best with real life.

I wish you great good luck.

• Like 1

Won the RL battles as fast as possible and hopefully with little effort!

It was really the best experience for me all the time when you were involved in strange glitch hunting ingame and I really hope we'll see you around yet.

• Like 1

thank you for what you have done with wurm and I hope your RL improves!

• Like 1

Thanks for all your work, Samool. You have been an outstanding asset to both Wurm and to us players. I will never forget how you patiently explained to me that contrary to my knee jerk reaction, the 3D person camera in Wurm will not take away from "that Wurm feeling". And you were right. Expertly done! 😀

So many other memories too. This game benefited greatly from you at the helm, so thanks for your hard work and see you in game!

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 1

Samool, on behalf of everyone at Wurm, I want to say thank you. This game wouldn't be what it is today without you. 

Many of you might not know this, but years ago, someone else was working part time on the new renderer. Before they could finish it, they got a job elsewhere and had to leave the project unfinished.

Finishing that was Samool's first big project. From the launch of the 4.0 client, to the modern renderer, volumetric fog, dye on armour and everything in-between. It has all had Samool's hard work bring it to life. 

Mate, I wish you the best in health and life, take care. 

• Like 20

Thank you Samool for all that you have done for us Wurmians. Wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. Hope to see you back here soon :)

• Like 1

Big thanks for all of your work over the years, and all the best for getting some well earned rest and recuperation!

• Like 1

So sorry to hear that RL is getting in the way. Thank you for all you've done. We appreciate you. Wishing you the best of luck, health, and happiness. ❤️

• Like 3

Sounds like you've been through a really rough time this past year Samool. So sorry you've had to go through that. What's most important now is to take care of yourself and get better. Thank you for everything that you've done for Wurm. There are too many contributions to even list, but the one that really stands out to me is how Wurm transformed into such a gorgeous game those months before the Steam launch. Wurm has become something we can feel proud to show off thanks to the volumetric lighting, the new UI look and many other things you worked on. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you start to feel better soon! 

• Like 7

May all your RL issues be straightened out and health and healing to you and yours!  Hope to see you in game when RL permits.

• Like 1

Samool, I know I have been, at least at times, a harsh critic of some of the changes under your reign, but please know I have always respected and appreciated you, your professionalism, and your dedication to the game through all the hardships that come with the job. Kudos. I wish you nothing but the best in your health, happiness, and general good fortunes. I hope you'll always be able to love and enjoy Wurm. Be well.

Keenan, Wurm is waiting...

• Like 1