Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Ship, wagon, cart & colossi lantern

Would be great if we could attach a lantern (or lanterns) to our ships, wagons & carts. 

Here's a few pictures to give an idea. 

https://imgur.com/a/dr4z80L

As for the Colossus, would be pretty near if we could either give it a huge lantern to hold that shines a bright line across a large area depending on colossus quality. Or a huge brazier bowl held in its hand. Would make colossi more interesting to build. 

• Like 7

I like the Cart idea -- it would be cool if we could upgrade our carts the higher we get in fc

Maybe like 3 versions been the ultimate maybe only craftable at like 99fc lol

Would be a bit too much 99 FC but something amongst the lines of :

1. At 30 ql the cart looks in decent condition and you can attach a lantern to it.

2. At 50 ql the cart looks to have a padded commander seat and maybe some tools attached on the side (mallet, rope, etc)

3. At 70 ql you can have 2 lanterns on your cart + a barrel you can dump on the cart so it autofills with oil if the cart is blessed (similar to blessed lamps)

4. 90 ql is a high model cart with fancy lanterns, maybe some cushions in the back, fine scrollwork alongside the sides of the wagon and wheel spokes (I guess?), stuff like that. 

In any case, something that shows an items quality visually + the ability to add stuff to it, in this case lanterns. +1 if lanterns can bob and sway when the cart moves, maybe even in the wind. Or at least ship lanterns. 

• Like 3

I'm in favor of both of elentari's suggestions. lanterns for ships, wagons and carts, and some visual change and added functionality for higher ql vehicles (not just the carts, but wagons and ships as well).

Yes.

Vehicles need slots!

A slot for lantern pole or hook that is only available when the vehicle is over a certain QL.  Or just a slot for a hook so that once you attach a hook you can install a lantern.  Give hooks a bit more to look forward to than a tool belt.

(also slots for other things like mooring anchor for boats, water barrel for wagons since its in the model).

If I drop a lit lantern in a cart doesn't it light up the area around? If not this would be an easy adjustment to make.