Sign in to follow this  
Joshh

Bring back account buying

God please no, the fact that so many high end accounts stayed in game after their owners previously quit is the reason pvp became so difficult. 

• Like 1

No, but I never originnally had an issue with it, as long as it was done responsibly. Steam does not allow RMT

Devs have nothing about selling silvers or account before but now its about steam rules soo they cant change it, they would need to make skill buy option for pvp or something but wouldnt it be p2w? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elentari said:

God please no, the fact that so many high end accounts stayed in game after their owners previously quit is the reason pvp became so difficult. 

realistically it doesn't really do anything to change that, because you're still allowed to account share and people just share their accounts with their friends if they don't have an acc or they'll ask their friends that quit if they can play on their account, not to mention you can grind accounts a lot faster nowadays than in the past due to knowledge, there's 80+ str toons on defiance that'd dunk majority of the toons on chaos if they had meditating/tomes lol

7 hours ago, Gawain said:

No, but I never originnally had an issue with it, as long as it was done responsibly. Steam does not allow RMT

thats why i don't use the steam version ;)

Edited by Joshh

24 minutes ago, Joshh said:

thats why i don't use the steam version ;)

Does not matter. Wurm online is now connected to steam so has to follow their rules.  You can play on all servers through steam or the non steam launcher. 

So any account buying change would apply to the steam version too. 

2 hours ago, Zexos said:

Does not matter. Wurm online is now connected to steam so has to follow their rules.  You can play on all servers through steam or the non steam launcher. 

So any account buying change would apply to the steam version too. 

See but steam allows RMT. They do it with tons of games (think csgo item trading). All that would have to happen is have wurm integrate a steam marketplace where people can buy / sell accounts.

Definitely no. Account trade supports the influx of  players with pay to win mentality and loose if any engagement with and respect for the game. We had it in the past that abusive players chose to buy some higher level account, and sell it once fame was ruined. It was hard to track whether the player behind the character was the same who had carried out toxic actions, and "I just bought that account" was a convenient and hard to disprove excuse. Also it was not so good to have character, especially priest farms.

All in all, I don't want to vilify RMT, and account transfer altogether. Often it preserved continuity, and characters with history and reputation were not seldom given to friends and acquaintances. And all in all, open RMT kept scammers, gold farmers, and criminals away. But abandoning RMT prove to be a viable solution. Wurm is not large enough for any kind of black market.

Of course the tightened account sharing rules allow some extent of mitigation, and it is a good thing that the rules are somewhat liberal even if this makes abuse harder to track. Any abusers should be aware that this may cost both accounts, that of the giving player if s/he still holds others, and of course the receiver. So cheaters beware.

• Like 2