Sign in to follow this  
Ajala

The Great Wurm Communist Cookbook Lending Library Experiment (SFI)

[11:57:35] The items silently disappear from the spirit castle. You expect them to reach Goldfinch in less than ten minutes.

• Like 1

Great to see this is still moving. Keep it going guys!! Lets help everyone who needs it get the journal entries. 

I'd like to join in on this, please add me to the list. Ingame name Lisimba.

1 hour ago, Lisimba said:

I'd like to join in on this, please add me to the list. Ingame name Lisimba.

Done

I PM'd with him about a week ago. He's on the case but I think he underestimated how much work it would be.

1 hour ago, Ajala said:

I PM'd with him about a week ago. He's on the case but I think he underestimated how much work it would be.

How about dividing the library into five or so batches and giving people only one at a time? It'd add some administrative overhead but it would limit how much trouble people could get themselves into by underestimating the job. It'd also allow up to five people to be working on their recipes, and if someone disappears it could only be with a fifth of the library.

1 minute ago, Lisimba said:

How about dividing the library into five or so batches and giving people only one at a time? It'd add some administrative overhead but it would limit how much trouble people could get themselves into by underestimating the job. It'd also allow up to five people to be working on their recipes, and if someone disappears it could only be with a fifth of the library.

I had a hard enough time keeping track when somebody split it into two batches.

Add me to the list and I have 586 recipes

ymcUL29.jpg

Sun 💜

1 hour ago, VelvetSun said:

Add me to the list 

Done

Just finished - phew! Sending them on to Rothschild

Also. ... for what its worth - i'm a "she" :P

Edited by Goldfinch

10 minutes ago, Goldfinch said:

Just finished - phew! Sending them on to Rothschild

Also. ... for what its worth - i'm a "she" :P

That would certainly explain why you took so long ;)

10 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Aren't you a girl too? ;)

arnt u a cat?

its the morally correct position

smiley face

• Like 2

I was just about to ping Rothschild to ask for an update, but I notice he (or she!) hasn't visited the forums since May 16, a couple of weeks before he (or she!) was sent the books by Goldfinch (or she!). My in-game logs don't show any more-recent activity from him (or she!) since then either. It's possible he (or she!) is on a break and that the books might be stuck in his (or she!) mailbox until the return timer runs out. Hopefully, if they are returned to Goldfinch (or he!) in about a week she will send them on to the next person on the list, or back to me.

Sounds great! The timer should be just about done with. 

Well I do not know how this happened, but I sent the barrelful of Cookbooks off to rothschild like 2 weeks ago  - with all my copies inside. Now the barrel comes back to me from him - empty. ...

I have no idea why/how , whether he took them out .... makes no sense

I am putting a ticket in - because somehow all 7 books of like 300? recipes disappeared in the mail . . .unheard of.

I have the logs to prove that I did send Rothschild the books when I said I did .... mid May

I did not have the option to return the barrel, when it reached me today so that means Roth never picked up.

[15:01:09] You drop a barrel.
[15:03:43] You have been charged 12 copper and 2 iron.  <---------------------------- hopefully this helps prove that I didnt send an empty barrel.
[15:03:43] The items silently disappear from the spirit mansion. You expect them to reach Rothschild in less than ten minutes.

If i find a screenshot of the full books, Ill upload it, but its likely I didnt take one 😕

Like I said, I am putting a ticket in - this is outrageous.

I don't doubt your honesty for a second Goldfinch.

Not being party to the transaction I'm at a loss to explain what happened, so it does sound like it could be a bug.

Update: a GM responded to my support ticket and agreed it sounds like a bug/wurm accident (not a sensitive or exploitable bug though). It has been sent over to the Dev team to be reviewed. .. will update again once I hear something.

• Like 1

Hopefully it's understood that this particular glitch, while it may not be replicable or exploitable or game-breaking, affects more players than just the one who reported it, and perhaps it will be prioritized accordingly.

Wow!! Just checked in on this thread. Thats crazy! I am glad the GM team and Devs are taking it seriously it seems. I would hate to have to sit down and recopy all the recipes again and I'm sure ajala wouldn't want to do that either. 

Hopefully we get answers soon. 

Maybe Rothschild was on different server when it was sent?

You could try to sync date/time with timezone in mind.. when the mail was sent, in case it's not a bug.. sent items could be just on different server.. good old wurm mailbox trolling, if you aren't on same server where you were when it was sent/delivered to you.. you can't pickup your mail from different server later(and have to sail back and find mailbox to receive it)

On 6/14/2022 at 9:30 AM, Finnn said:

Maybe Rothschild was on different server when it was sent?

You could try to sync date/time with timezone in mind.. when the mail was sent, in case it's not a bug.. sent items could be just on different server.. good old wurm mailbox trolling, if you aren't on same server where you were when it was sent/delivered to you.. you can't pickup your mail from different server later(and have to sail back and find mailbox to receive it)

Maybe. I don't know enough about how the mail system works to comment. But what you describe definitely sounds like known bug rather than intended functionality.

My assumption was that Roth has just been not playing for a while.

He was added to the list by me in March, but has not visited the forums since May 14, which is before Goldfinch sent him the books.

He's been around since 2013, which leads me to believe he's on a break, rather than left the game for good.