Sign in to follow this  
Ajala

The Great Wurm Communist Cookbook Lending Library Experiment (SFI)

3 hours ago, Rothschild said:

Love this idea, please add Rothschild to the list!

Done.

The backpacks are on their way to the next in list Chromega

[22:53:06] The items silently disappear from the spirit mansion. You expect them to reach Chromega in less than ten minutes.

So long and thanks for all the fish (and chips)

I've got them now. Good timing too as I was debating on what I wanted to work on today.

Edit: I'm done with them. I think I added 2 more to it in the "few more" book. I'll be handing them off to Roarkindrake when he gets back on.

Edit: Handed off to Roarkindrake

Edited by Chromega

I didn't see the notice that Roarindrake had been given the books until just now. The forum doesn't alert me to edits, just new posts.

I got a message from them via pm that they were ready to send over. I confirmed. Not received yet when I logged off for bed. I'll post once received and such. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Eleraan said:

I got a message from them via pm that they were ready to send over. I confirmed. Not received yet when I logged off for bed. I'll post once received and such. Thanks!

Cheers.

[20:13:24] The items silently disappear from the spirit cottage. You expect them to reach Klaa in less than ten minutes.

Added a few missing ones. Ended up with 564 recipes! Thanks! 

• Like 1

List updated. Seems to be going pretty smooth so far.

Pinged Klaa for an update, as it's been a week.

• Like 1

I just want to say thank you for posting about this. I'm on NFI, so couldn't participate with you...but I decided to learn 500+ recipes and host this myself for my alliance on NFI and it was really fun. Great job on starting this up and keeping it going on your server! I appreciate the info you posted as it helped me structure it for mine. :D

• Like 2

You can take me off the list.  I think I'll hit 500 before I get the opportunity.  Using recipes found online in Google Docs.

Any updates? Did the recipes get returned to sender after 2 weeks waiting on Klaa?

7 hours ago, MordosKull said:

Any updates? Did the recipes get returned to sender after 2 weeks waiting on Klaa?

Klaa told me he was half-way done but he'd underestimated the amount of paper he'd need. That was a week ago.

Edited by Ajala

Yeah, there is definitely some work involved that's not the most fun thing. But cool, thanks for the update!

I asked Klaa for an update on April 9, but I have not heard from him since April 1. 

He's been on the forum several times since then and has had the recipes for about five weeks.

Edited by Ajala

Thanks for the info as well as facilitating the whole thing Ajala.

I saw this thread and I had already received both journal entires so I asked Ajala if they where ok with me coming over and if they provided the paper and ink I would be willing to write all the recipes down again so we can get this going again. 

So without further ado, I have sent a barrel with 8 books in it to @Alpengeistas they are the next on the list. It is significantly cheaper this time around as the books I was able to make where greater quality and only required 8 books not the 15+ as before. So the mailing cost is only 5i. 

Happy clicking and lets try and keep this going again.  

• Like 6

Thanks Zach. I've updated the OP to reflect the new state of affairs.

That's awesome Zach, I will be on this afternoon after work and will get right on it. Thanks for doing that!!

Please, add me to the list.

I'll replace the recipes after learning them

Thanks

1 minute ago, Jonathon said:

Please, add me to the list.

Done

[21:25:31] The items silently disappear from the spirit castle. You expect them to reach Ctpax in less than ten minutes.

Thank you Ajala and Zach, this was very much appreciated.

Note to those next in line:  When you read the recipes, they may not show up in your cookbook list at first (this happened to me). However, you'll see the known recipe number at the top increase with every read. A relog fixed it for me so that they visibly showed up in the list after. Otherwise, don't drink and recipe! Good luck! 

• Like 2

These NFI copycat muppets are embarrassing us.

Step it up, SFI!

Especially you, @Ctpax