DevBlog

October’s Monthly Skin

Recommended Posts

skin_october_lantern.png

 

October’s “Seeker’s Lantern” skin will light up your world with a whole new style. Perfect to carry around as a light source, or to use as decor! Available through the month of October in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to a lantern to give it a unique and fancy look.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...Oh. Okay. Well they all can't be winners. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it!!! Looks like the top of a light house (but a lot smaller :D) This is going to look great in my house!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the item be properly displayed while holding it in a hand? Just try holding a normal lamp and you'll see what I mean. Would be great if somebody could test, whoever gets the skin :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2021 at 7:41 AM, Xheth said:

Will the item be properly displayed while holding it in a hand? Just try holding a normal lamp and you'll see what I mean. Would be great if somebody could test, whoever gets the skin :)

Why do you think they made the screenshot with the lantern sitting on the table? 😏

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chefpeewe said:

Why do you think they made the screenshot with the lantern sitting on the table? 

 

Well because the man is working of course!

 

Just kidding - you are right 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy excretions, they always find something to rant. Nice skin.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you stop the decay on lanterns ?

 

Cus pointless to have a nice looking item that decays as fast as food…………

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for releasing a skin that is easier to see regularly without having the character window open or in 3rd person. looks good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful lantern, a rather unique skin this month. A light source - not a weapon, armour or tool. Keep going, variety and adding more and more skins in different categories is good :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, validate said:

Did you stop the decay on lanterns ?

 

Cus pointless to have a nice looking item that decays as fast as food…………

 

I don't use them in inventory, but when placed and used as decor they do not decay. I've had lanterns placed on my deed as decor, on barrels inside unfinished beehives, and they're been there for several months with zero decay and lit 100% of the time.

 

3282fc9fc2.jpg

  • Like 17
  • Cat 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Elrohiir said:

adding more and more skins in different categories is good

 

This

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get any update though if the "skin shop" (yes I know it's the marks shop) will have past skins? There have been threads of players asking for past skins so they can buy them. There's clearly a demand for such items. 

 

Why not supply the skins in this case? Seems like a totally wasted business opportunity here.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

 

I don't use them in inventory, but when placed and used as decor they do not decay. I've had lanterns placed on my deed as decor, on barrels inside unfinished beehives, and they're been there for several months with zero decay and lit 100% of the time.

i do use them in inventory and unless you log out with the lantern on im not sure if they decay at all, if they do its not fast

if you dont turn it off before you log they do take dmg.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, elentari said:

Can we get any update though if the "skin shop" (yes I know it's the marks shop) will have past skins? There have been threads of players asking for past skins so they can buy them. There's clearly a demand for such items. 

 

Why not supply the skins in this case? Seems like a totally wasted business opportunity here.

 

It's been talked about a bit but won't be any time soon if it does happen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2021 at 7:54 AM, chefpeewe said:

Why do you think they made the screenshot with the lantern sitting on the table? 😏

 

 

Actually I didn't check that before creating the scene :P

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh hey, the official photo for a new skin is looking MIGHTY NICE NOW.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to say, not only the skin is pretty. The scenery Demona arranged for the picture is really nice and creative artswork.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for lovely skin ! 🙂👍 Please add more skins for items that can be used as decorations 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2021 at 7:51 PM, DemonaNightshade said:

 

I don't use them in inventory, but when placed and used as decor they do not decay. I've had lanterns placed on my deed as decor, on barrels inside unfinished beehives, and they're been there for several months with zero decay and lit 100% of the time.

 

3282fc9fc2.jpg

 

WOW ! Love this design, never thought of using unfinished beehives as planter or stand. Cool idea 🙂👍 Thanks for sharing !

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible that old monthly skins will be available once again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now