Sign in to follow this  
Blacklotus

Digging Clay vs Digging Peat

So, I have an issue that is a game mechanic issue but more of a why is it this setup this way.

400 Peat dug removes 0 dirt's from the level of the tile. 400 Clay dug removed 5 dirt's from the level of the tile.

That is 4000kgs vs 800kgs removed please tell me how that's fair or accurate?

My suggested fix is instead of randomly removing dirt, give us a dig down option to remove the level of the tile, or apply the same rules across the board all tiles like clay, peat and tar.

This seems as intended. You can obviously raise all of the by dropping dirt, and all can be lowered either by leveling or flattening with enough digging skill. 

I can only guess why tar and peat are different from clay, but it's probably because they are fuels, where clay is just a building material and crafting material. 

• Like 1

I understand that it may have been programmed this way, and done so quite a while ago but it also seems wrong to me that I can remove a near infinite amount of weight or volume from a tile without losing any dirt for one or two of those and the other I'm losing a dirt every 50-100 actions for clay.

The issue for me is that it shouldn't matter that one is fuel and the other is building material, infinite fuel and unchangable landscapes under them seem to me to be unintended.

This is, as far as I'm concerned not a bug. Try the suggestions part of the forums if you've got opinions on how it works and how it should be changed.