Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Hierarchy - kingdom, alliance, deed

I find it a bit unreadable for a new player, I remember reading wiki at beginning and trying to understand difference between a settlement token and a deed token, because I had impression that they were two different things/types of ownership.

The deed could be broken down into two separate features, one would be a private deed and other would be a village/town.

A private deed could only have one owner who manages it, but one character could have multiple deeds.

Players use alts to achieve this result anyway, so what's the point of not making this if you don't fight players who are using alts? Current solution is only bothersome for average player, and those more advanced have no problems with it.

Private deed could be cheaper, but you can't invite and give permissions to other characters.

Players who want to live in community and have rights to some common/shared area must create a village/town.

To create a village you need a private deed, which is at least partially located within the village area, which can also be expanded and maintained for silver and new kind of upkeep of items created by players.
When in village upkeep of player-created items is filled, players who are part of village can receive a bonus to upkeep of their private deeds. In this way, an active community living close to each other will be rewarded, and remote deeds intended only for reserving specific resources or a good spots will be more expensive to maintain.

A village may have the minimum required members (characters) to give a bonus.

I would suggest to turn alliance into a kind of county, which also covers a certain area may not have any restrictions/permissions, but player who enters county territory is informed about it.

Players who are in the county can also be rewarded with a bonus, at the moment it is probably +1 CR (according to some information I have seen), but maybe for traveling in their county they could get a bonus to movement speed?

Leave the kingdom unchanged (omitting suggestion I wrote for PvP and adding diplomatic relations between the kingdoms 😉 ).

4 minutes ago, Darnok said:

I find it a bit unreadable for a new player, I remember reading wiki at beginning and trying to understand difference between a settlement token and a deed token, because I had impression that they were two different things/types of ownership.

The deed could be broken down into two separate features, one would be a private deed and other would be a village/town.

I think you are still confused.

Settlement is the village/town/what have you

Deed is the paper you have in your inventory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deed

Alliances are pretty much small kingdoms already, you can even change your deed perms to include people from your alliance.  For example I have a shipyard in my deed and the permissions on the building allow people from my alliance to use it freely.  Most of what you are suggesting is already in the game using permissions, let's say there's 5 people in a village, each one can build their own area within the village limits and just change the permissions on the buildings in their area (or fence off their area) and then you've created a private section of your village only accessible by you and/or the mayor.  Another way you can accomplish this is by creating an alternate character and having them create a deed beside the main village deed and then they would be the deed holder and you would just add them to an alliance.  

Think of it like Crusader Kings, you own the Duchy of Cornwall and you create an alliance through marriage to the Duchy beside it, it's not owned by you but they  will join your wars.

However the idea of speed boosting on the highways through the alliance deeds would be cool but not a lot of alliance deeds are side by side and tend to be more spread out so it would only cover a small area.

13 hours ago, Locath said:

Settlement is the village/town/what have you

Deed is the paper you have in your inventory.

But in-game "deed" is generally used for the settlement, not the paper.

8 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

But in-game "deed" is generally used for the settlement, not the paper.

Correct, colloquially people call the same thig a settlement, deed, village, town and so on but "settlement token and the deed token are the same thing" is a false statement. If you hover your mouse or examine either, they are not the same thing.

Similarly, people in many games call a build a DPS build while most if not all builds are DPS (Damage Per Second) which means very little since a healer can deal some damage per second as well, better description is DD (Damage Dealer).

It's about calling things what they are called in game, by game mechanics, rather than confusing people as evidenced by the example above. 

This extends to Wurmpedia because who cares about correct terminology or confused new players, right? 

Thanks for coming to my TED talk 🙂