Sign in to follow this  
Vorticella

Horse turning radius

I wish there was a way to improve the turning radius when riding horses. Maybe this could be a new speed trait like "It seems very agile", or it could be linked with bridle quality (or even both).

• Like 6

Oh, yes, I get so tired of 5 point turns.

Can you imagine a Wurm barrel race?  😅

• Like 1

Yea.  ....

Looks like someone got the coding for horse and cart movement reversed.

• Like 1

sure but maybe first look into why turning too fast in ships throw you off the ship, before that starts happening in horses too.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tpikol said:

sure but maybe first look into why turning too fast in ships throw you off the ship, before that starts happening in horses too.

Yeah, that's a bigger problem than horse-turning radius, as you can hold down the S (back) button while holding down the A or D (turn) buttons to make a horse turn in a tighter radius. But almost every time I turn a boat hard I get thrown off, and generally find myself quite a distance from where the boat appears to be (although I can usually get right back on the boat with no problem).

• Like 1

First of all: +1 to overwork horse turning. In fact it is easier to turn a wagon than a single horse on the same tile. There seem to be technical reasons for so that the sensible proposal does not see to be that easy to fulfill. Dev comment would be welcome.

Second: The ship turning, resulting in being thrown off the ship, seems to be a different beast. Other than the horse (and vehicles) ships already have a movement vector when not moored, and it seems that the server is not able to translate the fast changing angle into appropriate resulting movement vectors in a timely fashion so that a loss of sync and thus throwing over board occurs (at least that is my speculation about). I consider that a bug or design flaw which indeed should be addressed. But I believe this is a different field of work.Again, dev comments very welcome.

To add that, the nasty dismounting bug or technical problem when riding and driving occurs much more rarely than the years before. There seems to have been heavily worked on.

• Like 1