Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Anyone else 2022 Ford Maverick Truck?

Yeah, it's a truck now lol.  So the waiting list is backed up for months, I ordered in august and am probably looking at a build date next spring.  Just curious to see if anyone else in the USA is ordering one too and what appeals to them about it.

For me, I don't need a truck the size of a motorhome and refuse to pay for a vehicle that cost more than my first house.  I was first looking at trucks from 90s and early 2000s but I have a project car already, and if I buy used I'd be keeping my current daily driver...   I just don't have time for 3 projects.  Figure this is a cheap alternative that can tow a basic trailer.   I went with the XLT and the AWD 4k towing setup, nothing fancy added as I just don't care for modern vehicles and all the stuff in them tbh (though this will have some of it anyway).  A big reason I jumped on this too is I know after this year they will no doubt increase the price next year, especially with the microchip shortage causing a slump in sales so they'll have to pass potential profits to the customers this way.

Anyone else order one or thinking about it?

Edited by Nomadikhan

Price point is amazing but four cylinder trucks sound meh. If you're wanting a cost effective hauler I doubt you'll be able to beat this. Just hope you don't live in the mountains :P

Haha I don’t, and I don’t do the whole off-roading stuff.  I paid 22k for my 07 ranger new and loved it til hit by a drunk.  The setup I ordered is 250hp which is plenty for what I need.  Compare that to the little sedan I drive atm which is 157hp and can’t carry or haul a thing.

My 88 Daytona Shelby Z is the same hp and 19 years it’s senior, why my wife went with a Yaris was beyond me but I’m tired of driving it so cannot wait.

If I was to go with something 8cyl I might do a late 80s or Early 90s Dodge Ram.  My grandfather had one and I like the style.  They had rust issues so haven’t seen one worth looking at.

I just got my build date email so it will be in production early December, sooner then I expected.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Just saw this, I have an 88 dodge daytona shelby z.   2.2L 4cyl Turbo I w/ fuel injection.  Even has T-Tops!  Runs stock about 15 pounds boost and puts out about 157hp.  To put it in perspective for today's cars, my wife's 2007 toyota yaris is a tiny 4cyl non-turbo that puts out 154~ hp but my daytona will leave it behind in the quarter mile.

Finished example

AvYJIGX.jpg

Only image I have of mine atm

M6mSLtg.jpg

Mine is the same blue but I have different wheels and it's solid blue atm, no silver on the ground effects.  It needs a lot of work but I trust it for a commute to work and back once in a while.  Chrysler/Dodge discovered vacuum lines were fun to put on EVERYTHING so these cars are a bit finicky if you have a vacuum leak. Every diagram I've seen the vacuum lines run differently, so it's been a lot of trial and error to get it right.  Still an on going project, but I love the car and it handles like a dream :)  (although good luck pulling a U-turn, these have a wide turn radius lol)

I miss cars with T-tops, a feature I wish had not vanished :(

Edited by Nomadikhan

On 10/4/2021 at 3:51 AM, Nomadikhan said:

Yeah, it's a truck now lol.  So the waiting list is backed up for months, I ordered in august and am probably looking at a build date next spring.  Just curious to see if anyone else in the USA is ordering one too and what appeals to them about it.

For me, I don't need a truck the size of a motorhome and refuse to pay for a vehicle that cost more than my first house.  I was first looking at trucks from 90s and early 2000s but I have a project car already, and if I buy used I'd be keeping my current daily driver...   I just don't have time for 3 projects.  Figure this is a cheap alternative that can tow a basic trailer.   I went with the XLT and the AWD 4k towing setup, nothing fancy added as I just don't care for modern vehicles and all the stuff in them tbh (though this will have some of it anyway).  A big reason I jumped on this too is I know after this year they will no doubt increase the price next year, especially with the microchip shortage causing a slump in sales so they'll have to pass potential profits to the customers this way.

Anyone else order one or thinking about it?

Want to know more about it.

On 12/11/2021 at 10:08 AM, manamast said:

Want to know more about it.

There is a ton of feedback and knowledge being passed around now.  Ecoboost orders are being shipped left and right while hybrid is much slower. I just got mine last week and can honestly say I love it.

I put $9980 down which cut the end cost down by over 25%.  Was funny watching the salesperson counting 20s for a good 15minutes. Anything over 10k is reported to the IRS so I avoided that.

I haven’t hauled yet but it’s 0-60 in 5.9s is very true.

Edited by Nomadikhan

2 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Anything over 10k is reported to the IRS so I avoided that.

My apologies Nomad, but i have to comment on this: I happen to be one of ~800,000 reasons for people to pay taxes.

What i mean by that is that my physical issues are such that i am a danger to more then just my self. i have been known to leave the stove on after cooking a meal just because i was too shorted out to remember it. There are people out there that have NO ability to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, and even attempting to do so would cause a multi vehicle pile up. 

Now i get that the entire tax system is a royal mess, however it is the governments job to protect its citizens from all sources of harm, both external, and INTERNAL. 

how can it do that if people skip out on paying their taxes???

1 hour ago, Tomatoes said:

My apologies Nomad, but i have to comment on this: I happen to be one of ~800,000 reasons for people to pay taxes.

What i mean by that is that my physical issues are such that i am a danger to more then just my self. i have been known to leave the stove on after cooking a meal just because i was too shorted out to remember it. There are people out there that have NO ability to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, and even attempting to do so would cause a multi vehicle pile up. 

Now i get that the entire tax system is a royal mess, however it is the governments job to protect its citizens from all sources of harm, both external, and INTERNAL. 

how can it do that if people skip out on paying their taxes???

They can start by using all of the money they have gained through insider trading and the money embezzled from the governmental budget.