Sign in to follow this  
Katrat

Don't kick them while they're down.

It's come to my attention via the disbanding of a deed in our alliance that when a deed disbands any remaining villagers are auto dropped from an alliance. It's bad enough the mayor ditched them but then they are just nixed from the alliance too? And yes I understand that other villages in the alliance could take them in if they wanted to but I don't see why they need to be auto dropped from the alliance just because their mayor let the deed disband. Please allow for an option to retain these players as alliance members villagers or not.

Alliances are village based, not player based. 

I don't see a way players without a village could be in an alliance 

• Like 2

alliances are made by deeds, how could those people still be in your alliance? what happens when they join a deed not on your alliance?

1 minute ago, Tpikol said:

alliances are made by deeds, how could those people still be in your alliance? what happens when they join a deed not on your alliance?

Then they would leave the alliance for what ever alliance the deed they join is in.

Well, the mayor may have ditched the deed but that doesn't mean the villagers couldn't pay upkeep if they were so interested in sticking around. And while they're not alliance-mates anymore, they can still be friends until they have a chance to rejoin.

2 minutes ago, Synjor said:

Well, the mayor may have ditched the deed but that doesn't mean the villagers couldn't pay upkeep if they were so interested in sticking around. And while they're not alliance-mates anymore, they can still be friends until they have a chance to rejoin.

This is true if they could afford it. And they are still friends. But I don't see them joining another deed anytime soon after their last experience and without funds they cannot deed themselves.

The only thing I would change, to be fair, is if an alliance message went out at the time of disbanding (and it put a line in the settlement history of allies) a message of all the players removed from alliance when it occurred.  In this way, there is record of all players an alliance can contact.

1 hour ago, Nomadikhan said:

The only thing I would change, to be fair, is if an alliance message went out at the time of disbanding (and it put a line in the settlement history of allies) a message of all the players removed from alliance when it occurred.  In this way, there is record of all players an alliance can contact.

That would be helpful. It would also be good if the villagers could be warned before hand that they are about to be without an alliance.

Some deeds are quite huge and super costly (with several templars) due to ratio as well. A few mega deeds have around 50 silvers upkeep a month from what I know. Can't really rely on villagers to shoulder that cost. 

That being said, it would be nice if you could be invited to an alliance as a non-deed player. This should be a thing. 

• Like 1