Sign in to follow this  
Vausan

Wurm Online not starting

It shows verifying application then nothing, I am not sure how to fix. 

First, do you have the stand-alone version or the Steam version of the client?

This issue should possibly moved to maintenance/bug forums. Before that, pls specify which OS (windows, linux, mac). On windows or linux there should be a possibility to launch wurm from a text console window, e.g. [USER]\wurm-launcher\WurmLauncher.exe (windows, not sure about correct path) or e.g. $HOME/wurm-launcher/WurmLauncher (linux). The text in the window should tell where the startup aborts.

21 hours ago, Tristanc said:

First, do you have the stand-alone version or the Steam version of the client?

Stand-alone verison

If this hasn't been resolved yet, I had the exact same issue after a sudden client crash a couple of days ago. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not resolve the issue, but going to AppData\Local\Programs\Wurm Online, where Wurm is installed, and removing a file called "depfiles" resolved the issue and allowed the launcher to open again. It seems that this file got corrupted somehow, and uninstalling the game leaves quite a few files like this behind, so that installing again doesn't actually resolve your issue.

Consider renaming the file to something like depfiles.old incase this doesn't solve the issue and you need to restore the original file.

Edited by Meru
Note about saving the old file

I am having this issue on Windows 10 stand alone as well, but I tried Meru's suggestion. It does nothing for me. It just happened after the Nov 8 hotfix

Edited by Addeny