Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

Backpack-slot Haynet

I'm always leading my horse around in caves or over places with no grass, and I never wear a backpack.

It would be cool to have an equipable animal feeder that my led animals can help themselves from.

Would an animal feed from a backpack if I wore one? If not, that's not really relevant.

28 minutes ago, Drayka said:

Would an animal feed from a backpack if I wore one? If not, that's not really relevant.

Doesn't one of the traits specifically do this? 

Have you considered saddlebags? I thought animals could eat from them, could be wrong though.

Don't know about backpacks, never tried that, but hay bundles in saddlebags work to allow them to feed wherever they may be.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tilda said:

Don't know about backpacks, never tried that, but hay bundles in saddlebags work to allow them to feed wherever they may be.

Does the horse have to be tame to eat out of its own saddlebags?

Always for more container and packing options whether it be oneself or animals. Various forms of Bags and pack webbing are certainly an area Wurm hasnt explored much.

Atm theres just cloth satchels and leather backpacks, with leather quivers and waterskins for specialty transport

Bags, as an umbrella term, could function as a way to transport high quantity, low volume items. Implementation can of course vary, perhaps a portable bulk bin for seeds and cereals.

Not to mention Pack frames on mounts, in say the saddle slot. Also scabbards, bandoliers, and etc.

13 hours ago, Drayka said:

Does the horse have to be tame to eat out of its own saddlebags?

No, my horse is not tamed and I try to remember to keep a hay bundle in his saddlebags even when not actually needed (that way when riding around he has food wherever). They do however need to be branded or tamed to put the saddlebags on of course.

I suspect they prioritize eating from the saddlebags now like the pet dish and trough, since I have seen mine eating from the bundle even while stood on enchanted grass :)

Edited by Tilda
  • Like 1