Sign in to follow this  
Davih

Make Large planters less punishing.

I really don't see why planters should be so punishing compared to regular farming if you skip harvest day.
50% loss of crops in a single day is pretty huge and really sudden.
They require a good investment in terms of materials and shouldn't really be so much worse than the simple sowing on dirt.

They should represent a controlled farming environment, so they should really be more reliable, not less, tbh i wouldn't even see anything bad if they actually never even spoiled until you gather them, for potential decorating purposes as well.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Archaed said:

What do you mean a 50% loss of crops? 

from wiki:
:

• If the crop is not harvested within 24 hours of becoming ripe, there is a 50:50 chance the crops will wilt on each, following day.

This chance is much, much higher than the regular wilting chance that you get by just sowing on literally any random patch of dirt and leaving it there without ever farming them

Edited by Davih

9 hours ago, Davih said:

I really don't see why planters should be so punishing compared to regular farming if you skip harvest day.
50% loss of crops in a single day is pretty huge and really sudden.
They require a good investment in terms of materials and shouldn't really be so much worse than the simple sowing on dirt.

They should represent a controlled farming environment, so they should really be more reliable, not less, tbh i wouldn't even see anything bad if they actually never even spoiled until you gather them, for potential decorating purposes as well.

Its also annoying they change stages every 24 hours exactly. by that i mean if you play an hour on a weekday, every following day it gets later and later to farm them resulting them falling out of you playtime window later on. Can we make it 23 hours instead of 24? So you can tend them exactly same time every day when you play...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Damascus said:

Be nice if you could plant fruit tree in them also .

Well, i'm not particularly against that(my forestry is 1.00), but we must take into consideration the fact that gathering fruit is most of what the "forestry" skill is about, so if you bring that over to farming, it will have important consequences on forestry, tree plantations and a lot of other things, maybe we could do that but still having it dependant on the forestry skill and not farming?

35 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

Its also annoying they change stages every 24 hours exactly. by that i mean if you play an hour on a weekday, every following day it gets later and later to farm them resulting them falling out of you playtime window later on. Can we make it 23 hours instead of 24? So you can tend them exactly same time every day when you play...

Yeah, i agree, that's pretty annoying to deal with , but at least if you miss a farming wave due to this problem, you will have minimum consequences on yield, the problem is when that happens on harvesting time, making you lose 50% of the yield just for missing the deadline by a few hours, that's exactly what this thread is about.

On 9/30/2021 at 6:57 PM, Skatyna said:

Sounds to me like you don't even use large planters.
They don't get their timer pushed. If you plant them at 8:00 am in the morning, then they'll swap stage at that time every day. You can literally rake my example at 7:59 and then rake it again at 8:00.

Source: I have 3000 large planters.

Regarding the actual topic: Yes! I wouldn't mind them not getting spoiled at all indefinitely. They have a high requirement (70 carpentry), high material cost to craft, give a smaller yield increase from raking than raking on the ground, the effective difficulty of raking them seem to be more or less 1 (= they're really bad to use for skilling at high skill) AND the downside of the topic of this post.

With all the requirements to even use them as well as the other random downsides, making them never wilt would (in my eyes) not be overpowered. It would be a progression unlock to work towards for people who can't reliably play every day to babysit their farm and It would also allow for a lot of decoration opportunities, which is also never a bad thing.

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 1