Ajala

Xanadu coastal wagoner drop-off network

Xanadu is big. No, really, it's HUGE.

This sometimes makes it very time consuming when our friends on other servers want to deliver something to us.

To make things quicker and easier, I've been finding or creating highway-connected wagoner drop-off points all around the edge of the island, and I'm going to map them out here, so it's just a quick border hop from the smaller servers to set up a fire-and-forget wagoner delivery to anywhere on this great island. 

This thread will give explicit directions to the locations of these drop-off points, to make finding them easier. Send your delivery guy here next time you make a big bulk purchase. 

The idea is to find or place wagoner containers directly on the coast, and as close to the server border as possible, to keep travel times to an absolute minimum.

The containers are all placed no more than one tile from the water's edge, so people can show up and drag their crates directly from their ship into the container without having to bring a cart or wagon and draft animals, which is a pain in the neck.

I've done a total island circumnavigation, and these are the locations I've found or created. I'll add more as I find or build them. Feel free to suggest locations in your replies.

GOeFjsI.png

Southeast (Esteron) Drop-Off

Located at the red X on these maps, this drop-off point can be easily identified by its proximity to the bridge and the two clearly-labeled horse statues. It's located one tile from the water, allowing crates to be unloaded directly from your boat into the wagoner's container.

PMeJtfY.png

Southwest (Newspring) Drop-Off Point

This one is helpfully located next to an obelisk named "Slithering Challenge" and a couple of noticeable tunnels. Again, head to the red X on the map.

w0Rl9QB.png

Center-West (Crafter's Legion Market) Drop-Off Point

This one's located on-deed at Crafter's Legion Market, courtesy of mayor Martynas. The deed is easily spotted from the ocean because of all the market stalls. There are two containers directly on the waterfront. 

Z8AAIp5.png

Northwest (Glasshollow) Drop-off Point

Located on a bit of nondescript coastal road between Vanaheim and Rainbow Dreams. Look for the two horse statues.

7xCuABZ.png

North (Mt Coalition) Drop-off Point

Another fairly nondescript coastal road, about 60 tiles west of Mt Coalition. Again, look for the appropiately named horse statue.

ptIlS5E.jpg

North (Nilfhelmr) Drop-off Point

There's currently a half-finished colossus here, along with a bunch of animal crates. There's an obelisk and an archery tower not far to the east.

X3GimAa.png

North (Monkey Caverns) Drop-off point

This one was created by whoever owns the underground deed Monkey Caverns (thanks!). The tunnels are hard to miss, and the container is right there on the shore.

LtS0PEs.png

East (Syndicate) Drop-off Point

Located on the northeast corner of a flattened area north of Syndicate. 

gi18f72.png

East (Hollow Island) Drop-off Point

Located at the west side  of the bridge leading to Hollow Island.

6Wt5pW3.png

Thanks to Dumbo for supplying some of the compasses I used to build some of these waypoints.

Edited by Ajala
  • Like 9

EqoEDtj.jpg

In the process of being rebuilt (along with large parts of the roads that were never highways), will be up and running in the next 10 days I estimate.  There will also, soon as that is done, be another one just south of Syndicate (my deed) on the old dock, but that won't likely happen until November/December at the rate I am going.  

Jellyfish Tortuga Market seems like a good spot. I've dropped a container there, so anyone with permissions can simply plant it at the waypoint if they want adding to the map.

1 hour ago, Ajala said:

Jellyfish Tortuga Market seems like a good spot. I've dropped a container there, so anyone with permissions can simply plant it at the waypoint if they want adding to the map.

I'd be surpriced if Macoofer doesn't already have public spots to send from.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cecci said:

I'd be surpriced if Macoofer doesn't already have public spots to send from.

If he does, they're not on the south or west coasts.

2 hours ago, Ajala said:

If he does, they're not on the south or west coasts.

Ok, does he have jellyfish deeds on those coasts then?
I thought any Jellyfish deed was his.

14 hours ago, Cecci said:

Ok, does he have jellyfish deeds on those coasts then?
I thought any Jellyfish deed was his.

He does. Several in a cluster around G8/G9. I did a sail-past looking for containers on the coast but didn't see any. It's possible I just missed them. They're flat to the ground and not easy to spot from the sea.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:35 AM, Spacy said:

EqoEDtj.jpg

In the process of being rebuilt (along with large parts of the roads that were never highways), will be up and running in the next 10 days I estimate.  

I was passing by so I took care of it for you :)

There was some chat recently about adding to the network in some of its blind spots. If that happens, add the details here and I'll add them with credit to the OP.

• Like 1

Here's another drop-off point, public wagoner just a few tiles away. Possible to sail with any ship right up to the container.

oYibTlb.jpg

Tuuyona.jpg

• Like 1