Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

Avoiding politics but, did anyone else see this article about Bashur dying from covid?

I know most come to Wurm to get away from reallife politics etc so not trying to start any debates, just figured that Bashur made such a brief but marked impact on Wurm and many here would want to know about this:

https://www.newsweek.com/minecraft-youtube-star-bashurverse-dies-covid-19-complications-aged-36-1628810

Brandon "Bashurverse" Ashur, the Minecraft YouTube star and Twitch streamer more recently known to fans as Toasty Time, has died at the age of 36.

Ashur, whose YouTube channel garnered 1.58 million followers, had been documenting his battle with the virus on his Twitter account, revealing one month before his passing that he had the novel coronavirus and pneumonia.

Ashur's sister, Anesa Ashur, announced his death on Monday in a Facebook post that was subsequently shared to Reddit and across Twitter.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/anti-vaxx-youtuber-dies-covid-b1920801.html

YouTube personality with nearly 1.6 million subscribers has died from Covid-19 complications, according to reports.

Brandon Ashur, 36, known online as Bashurverse or Toasty Time, died after contracting covid in August. It is believed that Ashur had not been vaccinated against the virus.

Ashur shared updates on his Twitter page to his more than 330,000 followers about his experience with coronavirus after he revealed he had tested positive for the virus on 7 August.

“This is the worst, would not recommend getting,” he tweeted on 12 August.

Three days later, he said he had been admitted to the hospital and had “covid and pneumonia” simultaneously.

For those not around back then, some may remember Rolf welcoming the Bashur fandom to Wurm Online with open arms:

https://www.wurmonline.com/2013/09/30/welcome-bashur-fans/

It got a little ... controversial .. at the time...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

It's a sad day when someone has to preemptively say they don't want to get political when talking about someone dying of a disease.

I didn't know him or follow him, but RIP & I'm sure he'll be missed. 

• Like 2

RIP - and yes, i remember when Desertion was "Bashured", we lived fairly close to where they all settled.

RIP.

I met this guy once, apparently months after he quit, while I was mooching around the ruins of his mine. Thought I was gonna get a beating but he just looked at me and logged, lol.

By all accounts an interesting guy, and part of the history of Wurm/Epic.

I never met him, but I’m sure he made a difference in many peoples lives in-game. My sincerest condolences to the bereaved family and friends.

We do so much in life to make a mark and show others what we have to give the world. One can sometimes overlook their own health in the process.

Please be safe folks. We are lucky to have such a tight community.

Rest in peace Bashur. Thank you for Ashuria, the good times and the friends we all made

Never interacted with personally sadly, was primarily on pvp servers when Bashur and his fans flooded the pve servers. Heard of it when some started posting complaints.

Personally always open to new people.

Unvaccinated Covid and pneumonia... ouch, nasty combo to have.