Sign in to follow this  
puro

New platform playstation5 + graphic update

hello

thatch is mine proposition. ill be first person who will play on PS5 !

• Like 2

Game is based on Java. For that alone it will not ever come to PS5. Also, the compatibility control wise would not work either with PS5 so -1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gawain said:

Game is based on Java. For that alone it will not ever come to PS5. Also, the compatibility control wise would not work either with PS5 so -1

So was Minecraft. I think the idea is to redevelop the engine? Not something that i see happening but on the other hand, a lot of new players could be reached this way.

PS natively supports keyboards and mice too so controls aren't an issue.

1 hour ago, Locath said:

So was Minecraft. I think the idea is to redevelop the engine? Not something that i see happening but on the other hand, a lot of new players could be reached this way.

PS natively supports keyboards and mice too so controls aren't an issue.

... Ignoring the fact about the billions of dollar more budget that minecraft had and has compared to Wurm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sklo:D said:

... Ignoring the fact about the billions of dollar more budget that minecraft had and has compared to Wurm.

Not questioning that but there are some small studios who make console games and ports.

I don't believe time will be invested in to such thing here but it would open a new, uncharted customer territory with pretty much zero competition i think.

2 hours ago, puro said:

thatch is mine proposition

We already have thatch in the game.  You need to craft a Leggat to create it. 

7 hours ago, Locath said:

Not questioning that but there are some small studios who make console games and ports.

I don't believe time will be invested in to such thing here but it would open a new, uncharted customer territory with pretty much zero competition i think.

When building a game, designing for porting is part of the process if the decision is made. 

you don't take a full game and go "port it pls", it's part of the core structure of the game. 

Maybe next suggestion will be to copy warframe and it's release on all major platforms with crossplay between switch, xbox, ps, pc, mobile...?

3 hours ago, Archaed said:

When building a game, designing for porting is part of the process if the decision is made. 

you don't take a full game and go "port it pls", it's part of the core structure of the game. 

I'm not saying the suggestion is ever going to be implemented but on its premise, it's not a bad one at all.

45 minutes ago, Locath said:

I'm not saying the suggestion is ever going to be implemented but on its premise, it's not a bad one at all.

I'm saying it is a bad one as it's not possible. 

It's like saying wurm should have expansion packs or dlc, the foundations are not there for it 

• Like 3

why is so weird? new gems are crashed Wurm be graphic. no matter that wurm is on java, cant be created on other platform?  wurm is an idea, i like this game very much. this game is like no other i play before. Wurm is and aged game, maybe is now start from beginning geting all experience earn on java?

21 hours ago, Archaed said:

They did that with Final Fantasy 7 and it only took 3 years after the PC release for them to release an updated version that you could complete without a game-ending crash on disk 2.

27 minutes ago, nitram20 said:

>When a forum mod falls for the bait

epic

Sad you think this is bait, yet you try talk reason with darnok lol 

Edited by Archaed
  • Like 2

This seems to be a very difficult and expensive suggestion.

As for the benefit... um.

How many PS5 owners would really be into Wurm? It doesn't seem like much of a crossover

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 6:39 PM, puro said:

why is so weird? new gems are crashed Wurm be graphic. no matter that wurm is on java, cant be created on other platform?  wurm is an idea, i like this game very much. this game is like no other i play before. Wurm is and aged game, maybe is now start from beginning geting all experience earn on java?

We're still having bugs from 5-6 years ago and you are here trying to get wurm on PS5 ? seriously?   *sigh* ...