Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Fighting mini-gods

If player places statues of gods on meditation rug, during meditation he will be reduced to size of statuette and will be able to fight a randomly animated mini-god.

Meditation rug will be arena of this fight and it cannot be left until combat or meditation is over.
Winning increases karma, while losing means death and losing statuettes.

• Like 1

May I ask why? How does this benefit the players? Have you tried Meditation? It is hard enough  as is to get a skill tick, now you are suggesting fighting a god too. -1 from me

• Like 1

I hunger for content. For fighting. And for meditation to have something other than "QL1 rug for skill, high QL for path advancement."

While this suits those things, it isn't exactly fitting to the idea of meditation

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stanlee said:

I hunger for content. For fighting. And for meditation to have something other than "QL1 rug for skill, high QL for path advancement."

While this suits those things, it isn't exactly fitting to the idea of meditation

Thats reasonable... So what if every time you meditate theres a 1/100 chance it summons Enki to your location whereupon you must defeat him in a battle of checkers else you will be attacked by 100 rabid gerbils?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CreZ said:

Thats reasonable... So what if every time you meditate theres a 1/100 chance it summons Enki to your location whereupon you must defeat him in a battle of checkers else you will be attacked by 100 rabid gerbils?

now that's a ###### good suggestion for some event next 1st april or even halloween or w/e...

wurm-"lore" inspired content

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5

+....

make it happen

1 hour ago, brattygirl said:

May I ask why? How does this benefit the players? Have you tried Meditation? It is hard enough  as is to get a skill tick, now you are suggesting fighting a god too. -1 from me

It says in the idea that it would only happen if you put a statue down on the rug. 

Which means it is an add on for a bit of extra content and some extra karma + a change of scenery. You know, fun. 

It is not a mandatory thing. You can still sit down and gain skill if you so wish.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zexos said:

It says in the idea that it would only happen if you put a statue down on the rug. 

Which means it is an add on for a bit of extra content and some extra karma + a change of scenery. You know, fun. 

It is not a mandatory thing. You can still sit down and gain skill if you so wish.

if that's 'true', that's op op ez karma farming.. a big no to that

My favourite thing about this is that meditation is so clearly disconnected from religion ingame

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CreZ said:

I was thinking about playing checkers, but you need a partner for that, so if ghosts in mines were added as I once suggested, a meditating player who placed checkers on meditation rug would be approached by a ghost who picked one side to start the game.

5 hours ago, Archaed said:

My favourite thing about this is that meditation is so clearly disconnected from religion ingame

And from the point of view of someone who has at least a basic knowledge of other cultures, such a statement sounds funny, because meditation is nothing else than prayer in eastern religions.

Unfortunately, the West is famous for not understanding the words it uses.

11 minutes ago, Darnok said:

meditation is nothing else than prayer in eastern religions.

I know I shouldn't have opened it.

Please elucidate:  Examples with substantiation or it didn't happen.  

40 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

I know I shouldn't have opened it.

Please elucidate:  Examples with substantiation or it didn't happen.  

In short, some religions state that follower should talk to God, so prayer is practiced there, but other religions rely on follower always listening, there is meditation. In both cases it is a form of communication with a higher being.

Ask google for more details 🙂

As for Wurm, it is one of the few games with religion, prayer and meditation that gives some options to expand these functionalities.

Everything would be correct if each religion had its own path or paths of meditation.

Followers are too limited and the very fact of existence of priests is rather insufficiently justified and in principle they could be called sorcerers, because a priest needs his followers to exist, and a sorcerer does not, he is the source of his magic.

Edited by Darnok

6 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Ask google for more details 🙂

No.  I asked you.  Prayer is communication, two ways.  Meditation is something else - usually either deep thought or even absence of thought.

Like I said, examples with substantiation.  You provided neither.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

No.  I asked you.  Prayer is communication, two ways.  Meditation is something else - usually either deep thought or even absence of thought.

Like I said, examples with substantiation.  You provided neither.

You don't listen when you speak, you don't see that I gave the answer, because you don't read. You only communicate one way 🙂

13 minutes ago, Darnok said:

You don't listen when you speak, you don't see that I gave the answer, because you don't read. You only communicate one way 🙂

😹

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

And from the point of view of someone who has at least a basic knowledge of other cultures, such a statement sounds funny, because meditation is nothing else than prayer in eastern religions.

Unfortunately, the West is famous for not understanding the words it uses.

I'm sorry, but this has to be the absolutely worst sentence you've ever said here. 

Meditation is NOT NOTHING ELSE THAN PRAYER and to say to makes your other statement of "at least a basic knowledge of other cultures" either incredibly wrong, or incredibly accurate that it is so basic that you could be so far from the truth and yet be so confident. 

To say so is downright insulting to other religions and meditation as a whole. 

I'm honestly disgusted with that attitude. Congrats troll, you win another round. 

Can you ignore people on the forums? 

5 minutes ago, Archaed said:

I'm sorry, but this has to be the absolutely worst sentence you've ever said here. 

Meditation is NOT NOTHING ELSE THAN PRAYER and to say to makes your other statement of "at least a basic knowledge of other cultures" either incredibly wrong, or incredibly accurate that it is so basic that you could be so far from the truth and yet be so confident. 

To say so is downright insulting to other religions and meditation as a whole. 

I'm honestly disgusted with that attitude. Congrats troll, you win another round. 

I find it offensive to say that meditation is not equal to prayer. Although I myself profess a religion that is based on prayer, not meditation.

12 hours ago, Archaed said:

Yes.  You do it from your profile, you add people to your ignore list.  Don't make the mistake I did, though and open a random comment to see if things have improved.  That post you quoted is the exact bit of egregious nonsense I looked at.

EDIT:  It's not actually IN your profile.  Click on your little user drop-down menu and under settings there is "Ignored Users".

Edited by TheTrickster
minor correction
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Darnok said:

No, you didn't answer, you just piled on more nonsense, and now to that you add even more along with a with a personal attack.  To be specific, I asked for specific examples with substantiation.  You gave no examples at all, just repeated your unsubstantiated faff.  Either you actually don't understand concepts like prayer and meditation or you are simply trolling; maybe both.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

No, you didn't answer, you just piled on more nonsense, and now to that you add even more along with a with a personal attack.  To be specific, I asked for specific examples with substantiation.  You gave no examples at all, just repeated your unsubstantiated faff.  Either you actually don't understand concepts like prayer and meditation or you are simply trolling; maybe both.

You got a simple explanation of how I understand these two concepts, the fact that you rejecting/ignore this explanation is not my problem.

I do not need to explain anything more about it to anyone. One, I doubt that the difference in how we define certain things will make it nice and short discussion, two this is probably not the best place to give such details.

Going back to the Wurm and different ideas, maybe guards could join a game of checkers or player could use other statuettes during meditation and fight them.

4 hours ago, Archaed said:

Let's find out.

ARCH CAN YOU HEAR ME?

17 hours ago, CreZ said:

+1 but make them miniature giant space hamsters

<scrubbed>

nevermind ; bailing out now.

Edited by TheTrickster
pigeons and chess