Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

crafting window qol

Some random qol improvements from the annoyance of having to deal with the crafting window

162f0c9f934f7fa0356f336e4f461b9d.png

fe3f56cc031918fc3f3be06eb1d9b6e2.png 

Hand tool in craft window instead of a certain part - it auto selects parts from your inventory from top to bottom of the list, similar to building houses/fences. Alternatively if auto selection is considered too powerful, double clicking the material in the list should search inventory and put it into the craft window

f01a496928004c7f2c62a16cad1a5382.png 

when crafting lots of multi-part items such as this screenshot, an option to switch between using all items on first item in stack (as it currently is) and using 1 of each on x unfinished items , so like instead of using 6 shafts on 1 sign and cancelling because it's finished, it instead uses 1 seperate shaft on the first 6 unfinished signs.

• Like 13

If I didnt think the crafting window was awful and should be removed I would be 100% behind this suggestion.

-1 (I dare you devs to do it!!!!)

Crafting should be uniform, and the building construction method (unfinished item and tool in craft window, components in inventory) is the most sensible of those in use, IMO.

EDIT:  Oh, and just to be explicit  1️⃣

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

Auto-selection of inventory materials is pure evil. Especially when a character in other sections/groups of inventory has rare materials to keep them from decay.

I would prefer crafting window to show me all recipes I can use an item for, which I put in one slot, even if other slot is empty.

Alternatively, add more slots for materials needed to complete item, then you put everything into crafting window and click button and game builds item itself, completing action queue itself and waiting for stamina regen when it drops too low.

6 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Auto-selection of inventory materials is pure evil. Especially when a character in other sections/groups of inventory has rare materials to keep them from decay.

don't use it then? lol

7 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Alternatively, add more slots for materials needed to complete item, then you put everything into crafting window and click button and game builds item itself, completing action queue itself and waiting for stamina regen when it drops too low.

yeah keep your suggestions to your own posts i don't want them cluttering up mine thanks

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Darnok said:

Auto-selection of inventory materials is pure evil.

Spoken like somebody who's never built a house, or a fence.

If you don't like the material that it puts in the crafting window... don't use it to make the item.

I support the original idea. It's little bit of UI work, but it's low risk and makes established players happy.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Spoken like somebody who's never built a house, or a fence.

If you don't like the material that it puts in the crafting window... don't use it to make the item.

I support the original idea. It's little bit of UI work, but it's low risk and makes established players happy.

If building at the moment is so tedious that even "established players" complain about this feature, maybe it is worth thinking about improving/changing this process instead of covering it with patches?

53 minutes ago, Darnok said:

If building at the moment is so tedious that even "established players" complain about this feature, maybe it is worth thinking about improving/changing this process instead of covering it with patches?

If you think there's a difference between improving something and patching it, all you're really saying is that, for you, subjective judgment and spin are more important than substance.

As for established players complaining about it... read the room

• Like 1

Oh, and yes please to the "production line" type option of adding one of the current component to each incomplete item in the stack.  The current method feels kind of like a slow motion bubble sort.

• Like 1