Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Can't access saddlebags

Happened twice to me today. 

Got the message : " You can't reach that". Animal was branded so there shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. 

Had some cotton in the saddlebags and couldn't reach it, tested on Epic and Deliverance. 

Only way to get the items from saddlebags implied unequipping saddle from animal. 

or

Having the animal tame.

Seems that the option to "unequip all" also disappeared in the process. Creature was branded. 

Edited by elentari

Still branded. This issue was tested on Epic (Desertion & Elevation). 

I also encountered it when I took a horse via creature cage / knarr from Deliverance to Pristine today.

Upon arriving on Pristine, I tamed my horse, equipped it, tamed a sheep (to avoid mob aggro). I dropped some food in the saddlebags. Couldn't reach it. Same issue  "you can't reach that". 

The horse wasn't branded on Pristine since I don't have a deed there. 

I believe you didn't need horses to be branded to access saddlebags, correct?

Of course horses need to be branded to get access to saddlebags/saddlesacks.

As far as I am aware, on PvP servers, the animal needs to be tamed in order to add / remove gear or access saddlebags. It does not work with just branding, as it would on a PvE server. Animals have to be branded or tamed in order to access the contents of saddlebags on PvE

Ok...but the issue is as follows. 

My animal on Epic IS branded, and I CAN drop items in its saddlebags without taming it.

I just can't remove items from saddlebags after.

See why I think this is a bug? 

On 9/26/2021 at 12:05 AM, Shydow said:

As far as I am aware, on PvP servers, the animal needs to be tamed in order to add / remove gear or access saddlebags. It does not work with just branding, as it would on a PvE server. Animals have to be branded or tamed in order to access the contents of saddlebags on PvE

This is indeed the case.

I'm never able to input / take items from saddlebags without taming, so the fact you can input is interesting.