Sign in to follow this  
Wulfgar

New World

So who else preordered New World and is excited as hell for the 28th?

• Like 2

Played the closed and open betas and i like it but it remains to be seen if it will be something to stick to for longer.

Skill level progress was so much faster than what i'm used to that it seemed like playing in creative mode (perhaps it was boosted for betas only?)

Harvesting is cool, different types of resources are gathered in different ways so trees can be cut down but minerals are mined from nodes, food is gathered from farms, fishing can be done in any place but there are richer spots so different styles of gathering depending on what you do. I like that.

One thing that stands out for me is "oh, i think i can jump on top of that ledge to get to that other one and i might be able to get to the top of that mountain, i bet devs didn't expect players to get there, lets see what happens..." and i get to the top of the mountain and there is a mineral node or two up there so clearly it was meant to be accessible albeit not very easily. Nice surprise.

If they manage to get rid of the exploits from closed beta where people cheesed fortunes in money and so on, it might be quite entertaining to play around with.

Consensual PvP is another nice thing. I don't PvP so i simply don't flag my self for PvP and i'm safe. Someone who likes PvP can do the opposite and take part in open world PvP and in those big battles which i was just a spectator in.

PvP flag can be toggled in safe zones so we can mix the play styles as we wish.

Housing lacks a bit but i'm sure more decorations will be added but it resembles EQ2 housing except the highest "voted" house in the instance is shown in the world which is a nice touch.