Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 23/SEP/2021

2 hours ago, fencejumper said:

No one wants to read a page of bugfixes. :)

False.

More detailed patch notes!!!! Let us see the CVS checkin messages! (We all know wurm is still using CVS instead of SVN or GIT)

Go back to posting the art changelog as well so we can look back and see when things were added to the game like we used to be able to.

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

2 hours ago, Davih said:

I suppose there's a story behind this line of patch notes, even if i don't know what the story is, and i'm not completely sure how stealth even works but...

Stealth, as said previously, makes you invisible as both a character model and as a player in local. You'd be able to stealth alts near a private slay site if you really wanted and there'd be no real way to find someone is there taking part of the drop.

Regardless of peoples standpoint of the unique system, it's not intended and against the rules. But people who just want to cry about anything dragon related would prefer it's not addressed because loopholes to break rules are fine so long as it's a system they dislike apparently.

2 hours ago, Davih said:

I never saw drakes or scales mentioned anywhere in the patch notes for a very long time. All suggestions or complaints threads made by anyone about the topic seemed to have been pretty much always ignored and i tought the topic was completely taboo or invisibile to developers at this point.
...But i assume it's not?

They've said they understand that uniques are very often requested for changes and they're looking into possibilities, but for anyone who understands what's fun about uniques, understands a change to make it more "fair" is going to be hard to do because people want to rip out parts of it that make it fun for a large amount of people, such as the hunt.

I think I said before that I think the real point of debate should be around better loot distrobution that isn't something dumb like dragon points, because otherwise the system is pretty good. People just don't want to leave deed or work together to find their loot pinatas.

2 hours ago, Davih said:

So... i guess that, besides this thing that has been changed, your stand is that everything is fine the way it is?

That's never been said or implied. This change really is more of a "we fixed a system that'd be a easy to abuse to break rules" thing.

3 hours ago, fencejumper said:

Best thing to keep in mind, While they do post a good list of things that have been changed or fixed, there are likely things that were fixed but didn't make the list, for a variety of reasons. So just because it wasn't explicitly listed as changed, doesn't mean that it wasn't changed. No one wants to read a page of bugfixes. :)

You're kidding, right?

If someone doesn't want to read a page of bugfixes, they can just not read it lmfao. That doesn't mean they should just not make a list, screwing over those of us who do want to read all about it. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Jore said:

You're kidding, right?

If someone doesn't want to read a page of bugfixes, they can just not read it lmfao. That doesn't mean they should just not make a list, screwing over those of us who do want to read all about it. 

That kinda got blown out of proportion for what I meant.

I was a remark about how some things may be fixed or broken when updates are made, and devs may not be able to tell us every little thing that might be changed because of another change.

Sorry for the confusion and miscommunication. I'll go back to my corner now. :(

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Pick Stuff Up trait should now work correctly.

And what exactly would that be? They should generate piles of random stuff on ground? what kind of stuff? or eat from players invetory? more details on this one pls as its confusing

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kochinac said:

And what exactly would that be?

I heard seryll lumps.

6 hours ago, Darklords said:
6 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

what is a stealthed player anyway?

A player who has used the stealth option in the same place you would find your climb option.

What the heck. Been in here for a decade and never realized it was there.  I suppose if I'd ever tried PvP it might have been something I'd have looked into.  I never get tired of learning how much I still don't know about this game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Stealthed players are no longer considered for drake/scale if they are stealthed when the kill happens.

Ok, now that I have been schooled on stealth, I'd like to point out that it would be pretty easy to pop out of stealth right before a death blow to the dragon, wouldn't it?  Do you just click your stealth button to leave stealth mode?  I guess the kill team should then always make sure the kills are in locked caves, to prevent a stealther from targeting the dragon?

What if you just make it a team thing?  Get everyone added to the team to qualify for drops?  Isn't that pretty much what virtually all other games do?

50 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Ok, now that I have been schooled on stealth, I'd like to point out that it would be pretty easy to pop out of stealth right before a death blow to the dragon, wouldn't it?  Do you just click your stealth button to leave stealth mode?  I guess the kill team should then always make sure the kills are in locked caves, to prevent a stealther from targeting the dragon?

What if you just make it a team thing?  Get everyone added to the team to qualify for drops?  Isn't that pretty much what virtually all other games do?

Unique loot isn't based on combat, it's any premium character within local range when it was killed. Except now stealth characters don't count. And while they could unstealth right before the kill, they would have to be watching pretty close.

1 hour ago, Wurmhole said:

You'd then make a GM aware as it's a rule break.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 1

My first 100 foals after the patch tell me the following:

1. We are still being short changed 5 points from our max cap

2. Custom building still seems to be impossible due to categories and dominance, mixing mum with ab and dad with cd will not result in a foal with abcd

3. Misc spattering after dominant traits have been assigned is still a thing

4. Draft traits seem to be randomly showing up on speed foals

5. Colours randomness is no better

this is just one example its not only the one type of draft that is popping in

Spoiler

4rDr9Ev.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

2. Custom building still seems to be impossible due to categories and dominance, mixing mum with ab and dad with cd will not result in a foal with abcd

Reveal hidden contents

4rDr9Ev.png

Well I would have to look if Foals get their roles when they pop out or when they conceived. In first case it would be mean that the update maybe has less impact then we hoped for. We could ask the PvP server people where the timers for new horses is just one day if they notice any difference they should have in the evening of this days the first horses that are complete under the new changes.

18 minutes ago, Radircs said:

Well I would have to look if Foals get their roles when they pop out or when they conceived. In first case it would be mean that the update maybe has less impact then we hoped for. We could ask the PvP server people where the timers for new horses is just one day if they notice any difference they should have in the evening of this days the first horses that are complete under the new changes.

I am on pvp and all were bred and born after the patch

• Like 1

Bugfix: Beverage recipes will now add to the cookbook when the player is offline.

Now. Now that I had almost all and prepared several barrels at different times to get the last recipes:D.

• Cat 1

11 hours ago, SmeJack said:

:( I dont know what i expected honestly but thats depressing if thats your typical result out of 100. I got 7 days min before I see what my 3-4 trait drafts give me.

:( also the 1 draft is easy on the gear? now I got questions if that would apply to shoes/saddles while ridden but that feels exceptionally hard to test.

Edited by Yserin

• Bugfix: Fixed the issue of the extra sleep bonus hour not showing when reaching max sleep bonus via achievements and then purchasing the extra sleep bonus via Marks.

This one doesn't seem to be fixed at all, works as before?

23d8ac7bafa836770ff02d16872b249f.png

my cap is 7hours, at 5h+, at 6h+ it looks completely full

Edited by Finnn

Can confirm the SB cap doesn't show properly.

Also can confirm we've got a new saddlebag bug post update. * sighs in frustration * 

14 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Reveal hidden contents

Some random additional traits will always happen as that's how it seeds new traits into horses is it just happening to commonly?

For the 5 points from cap, you can't go over the cap so only a 5 point trait could fill that, if that's not the case from what you have seen let me know.

Going to take more of the random element out of colors and just give it some flat rates to pass on a parents color going forward would 4/5 taking on parent color and 1/5 chance to take on a new random color be consistent enough?

45 minutes ago, elentari said:

Can confirm the SB cap doesn't show properly.

Also can confirm we've got a new saddlebag bug post update. * sighs in frustration * 

What saddlebag bug?

1 hour ago, Darklords said:

Going to take more of the random element out of colors and just give it some flat rates to pass on a parents color going forward would 4/5 taking on parent color and 1/5 chance to take on a new random color be consistent enough?

Wait, are you seriously pandering to an audience of 1 player now? What are you going to do when another player wants the opposite...

Don't you people have a self-sustained vision or insight to the work you are doing? It sure looks like you are ready to break game mechanisms that have worked fine enough in order to please the whims of singular loud forum users.

Edited by CistaCista

What about breeding timer bugs, not showing full name of parents, not expanding the window to show all information and having to expand/resize it every time, what about keybinds or easier way to track traits, etc..

Can we get a thread with intended behaviors and planned future fixed you guys have listed already to work on?

We've had several questions/demands or idk how to call them besides begging for explanation to understand the expected behavior for ah mechanics, but none of these posts were answered or addressed.

If indeed there's will to work on polishing this mechanic to be working better can we get something separate where we could give feedback and not spread information and feedback or reports in here and in the other 2 AH findings threads, or bug section?

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Darklords said:

Some random additional traits will always happen as that's how it seeds new traits into horses is it just happening to commonly?

I hope we can give the new changes some time to see how it works. I would hate to end up with static herds because we ratcheted down the RNG too far.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yserin said:

also the 1 draft is easy on the gear?

not exclusive to that trait

3 hours ago, Darklords said:

I don't think this is working how you intend it to then or I would have been able to fluke at least one that I want in the over 10k foals

3 hours ago, Darklords said:

For the 5 points from cap, you can't go over the cap so only a 5 point trait could fill that, if that's not the case from what you have seen let me know.

As in the bug report I made it is not possible to fill your cap, for example with 80 skill you will never get more than 75 trait points. Not asking to go over just asking to not be short changed, its very common to be nowhere near your cap but its also impossible to reach it.

2 hours ago, CistaCista said:

Wait, are you seriously pandering to an audience of 1 player now? What are you going to do when another player wants the opposite...

Don't you people have a self-sustained vision or insight to the work you are doing? It sure looks like you are ready to break game mechanisms that have worked fine enough in order to please the whims of singular loud forum users.

If providing feedback on a listed change is loud despite being neither positive or negative well then I thank you for thinking I'm so special 😚

Honestly at this point im just really disapointed that I cant make a speed horse with tough bugger even after waiting three months for a fix and even if i could I would need 5 more skill than necessary...

Edited by SmeJack

2 hours ago, CistaCista said:

the whims of singular loud forum users.

Lacking any individual exemption for a given statement its safe to assume that I agree with Sme.

Now we are two aged wildcat!

3 hours ago, Keridwyn said:

I hope we can give the new changes some time to see how it works. I would hate to end up with static herds because we ratcheted down the RNG too far.

What bothers me is that neither skill nor trait combinations affect at all the rates to get a rare trait/s, it's complete gambling unrelated to either system..

We still get -5points from promised skill = points utilization, which happens rarely.. it's not even often to achieve skill - 5 = creature trait points.

I have 95AH.. and my results until recently were that.. hopefully new ones aren't as bad.. but on freedom pve.. it's going to take a WHILE to get new results.. and we have no clue to what to compare them.. we still don't know what is intended outcome and what's still in the workshop about to be patched next.

Hope bisons no longer get speed traits.. but what happens if old ones with such are bred, they just keep transfering?

Another good question is... why are horses that have 1-2-3-4 draft traits WORSE than a donkey.. or mule.... aren't the UGLY new fat horse models for draft horses SPECIALIZED BREED for pulling carts/wagons/.. and weight... how are they slower than a skinny stinky donkey.. or mule? 💬

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Keridwyn said:

That's exactly right.

Sign in to follow this