Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 23/SEP/2021

• Bugfix: Animals will now correctly eat unbutchered animal corpses.
  • Bugfix: Beverage recipes will now add to the cookbook when the player is offline.
  • Bugfix: Corrected the spelling of the name Rhythm for newly born animals.
  • Bugfix: Examine animal will now show correct information about which containers they will eat from in an area.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a text error when trying to bury a corpse on someone else’s deed
  • Bugfix: Fixed a text error during rifts.
  • Bugfix: Fixed problems with creatures packing grass and lawn.
  • Bugfix: Fixed situations where animals were not eating correctly when in mines.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the issue of the extra sleep bonus hour not showing when reaching max sleep bonus via achievements and then purchasing the extra sleep bonus via Marks.
  • Bugfix: Increased the chance of animals getting fat when they eat hay.
  • Bugfix: Magranon’s Fire will now fuel fireplaces correctly
  • Bugfix: Pet Bowls will no longer drop through fences.
  • Bugfix: Pick Stuff Up trait and the Stationary trait should now work correctly.
  • Bugfix: Prevented Hay items appearing as Valrei mission demands
  • Bugfix: Removed Hans and Simeon from the generic creature name list.
  • Bugfix: Spirit guards will fight back on the edges of villages now.
  • Bugfix: Tools will now take damage when removing pavement (surface and mine), removing mine door, and removing cladding.
  • Bugfix: Animals can now breed when slightly hungry.
  • Change: Stealthed players are no longer considered for drake/scale if they are stealthed when the kill happens.
  • Change: The manage animal menu will no longer close when selecting options like un-tame or un-brand and will instead reopen the animal manage window after.
  • New: Added the new title for 100 Large Metal Shield. Congratulations Neowyn!

Animal Breeding Tweaks:

• Speed/Draft/Output traits will now have a large chance to be ignored during selection if the creature has no use for those traits.
  • Improved chance to pass on dominant traits.
  • Reduced how common misc traits are to pass on
  • Existing traits passed on from 1 or more parents are more likely to pass than newly generated traits.
  • Sick trait is now much less likely to kill something.
  • Increased the chance a bit to pass on the color of the parents.
  • Negative traits no longer get a bonus to pass down to offspring.
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Spirit guards will fight back on the edges of villages now.

is this a pvp issue?

32 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Change: Stealthed players are no longer considered for drake/scale if they are stealthed when the kill happens.

mYA66Wo.gif

Very good, glad to see

39 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Existing traits passed on from 1 or more parents are more likely to pass than newly generated traits.

This is the necessary and important one...  will be interesting to see where it lands.

The rest of the breeding changes have me worried about just how rigid the system will be from now on. Too much rigidity and too little randomness means new players will never be able to make fancy horses.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Change: The manage animal menu will no longer close when selecting options like un-tame or un-brand and will instead reopen the animal manage window after.

Thank you!!!!

The windows from "Manage" are terrible. 

Like they are MBASIC from first homework assignment from Computer Science 101 terrible.

• Like 1

Bugfix: Removed Hans and Simeon from the generic creature name list.

???   What was the problem here?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

They're taking a very Hans off approach from futher AH fixes and tweaks

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Madnath said:

They're taking a very Hans off approach from futher AH fixes and tweaks

hyuk!

7 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

I think maybe by "generic" they mean "unisex". I have noticed some female horses samed Simeon, so maybe that's why.

2 minutes ago, CistaCista said:

I think maybe by "generic" they mean "unisex". I have noticed some female horses samed Simeon, so maybe that's why.

redacted

Edited by Nicholai

1 hour ago, Tpikol said:

is this a pvp issue?

Yes

1 minute ago, Wurmhole said:

what is a stealthed player anyway?

A player who has used the stealth option in the same place you would find your climb option.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

what is a stealthed player anyway?

There is an ability called Stealth that makes your character invisible and also not show up in local.

Stealth - Wurmpedia

• Like 1

AH changes was mostly about the mechanics of breeding, i guess. With two traits being fixed to work properly.

I assume changes such as making the gear draft trait not be completely useless is quite a bit down the prio list. Oh well.

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Borstaskor said:

making the gear draft trait not be completely useless is quite a bit down the prio list

Yup that's what I said too. Literally a core trait in one of the two main classes.

Best thing to keep in mind, While they do post a good list of things that have been changed or fixed, there are likely things that were fixed but didn't make the list, for a variety of reasons. So just because it wasn't explicitly listed as changed, doesn't mean that it wasn't changed. No one wants to read a page of bugfixes. :)

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Stealthed players are no longer considered for drake/scale if they are stealthed when the kill happens

I suppose there's a story behind this line of patch notes, even if i don't know what the story is, and i'm not completely sure how stealth even works but...

I never saw drakes or scales mentioned anywhere in the patch notes for a very long time. All suggestions or complaints threads made by anyone about the topic seemed to have been pretty much always ignored and i tought the topic was completely taboo or invisibile to developers at this point.

...But i assume it's not?

So... i guess that, besides this thing that has been changed, your stand is that everything is fine the way it is?

------------------
I never had a chance to try out the new AH yet, but heard many complaints about it, i'm glad to see what seems to be a lot of time and effort spent fixing bugs and polisithing it, i hope that makes it better : )

18 minutes ago, fencejumper said:

No one wants to read a page of bugfixes.

I do for sure. If you gave me a 10 pages long page of bug fixes for the game I'd jump for joy and read it all.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Borstaskor said:

I do for sure. If you gave me a 10 pages long page of bug fixes for the game I'd jump for joy and read it all.

Generally speaking (not about AH), i agree with this.

Edited by Davih
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fencejumper said:

there are likely things that were fixed but didn't make the list, for a variety of reasons. So just because it wasn't explicitly listed as changed, doesn't mean that it wasn't changed. No one wants to read a page of bugfixes. :)

Considering it's been less than 24 hours since Keenan addressed the much complained about poor/nonexistent communication, I certainly hope there are no uncommunicated changes. It would definitely make the "and we will await more feedback from you before we decide on future tweaks to this system."  part somewhat difficult.

p.s. I would love to read not one, but multiple pages of patchnotes

Edited by Grizwaldo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Grizwaldo said:

Considering it's been less than 24 hours since Keenan addressed the much complained about poor/nonexistent communication, I certainly hope there are no uncommunicated changes. It would definitely make the "and we will await more feedback from you before we decide on future tweaks to this system."  part somewhat difficult.

This is nothing new for us, or special for Wurm in the video game industry. There are ALWAYS changes that don't make it in the patch notes. 

It's also worth noting that in development, of anything, one small change to something could have unintended side effects. Hence bugs. :)

As far as im concerned, absolutely, patch notes are fun!
Especially for a game that tends to love and attract min/maxing in every aspect of its being, long patch notes and detailed changes are always appreciated i am sure!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Borstaskor said:

this ^

---

not sure the negative needed touched they do need to show up occasionally.

seriously deeply sincerely thank you for the manage window change.

Also ty for

• Speed/Draft/Output traits will now have a large chance to be ignored during selection if the creature has no use for those traits. ( please work right, also this has a chance to be a right mess on bison xD output/draft)
  • Improved chance to pass on dominant traits.
  • Existing traits passed on from 1 or more parents are more likely to pass than newly generated traits. ( tyty)
  • Sick trait is now much less likely to kill something.
  • Increased the chance a bit to pass on the color of the parents.
  • Bugfix: Beverage recipes will now add to the cookbook when the player is offline. ( woot! this effects one of our cooks)
  • Bugfix: Fixed problems with creatures packing grass and lawn. ( please work. please!)
  • Bugfix: Fixed situations where animals were not eating correctly when in mines.
  • Bugfix: Increased the chance of animals getting fat when they eat hay.
  • Bugfix: Pet Bowls will no longer drop through fences.
  • Bugfix: Pick Stuff Up trait and the Stationary trait should now work correctly. ( I want to know if this doesnt work on enchanted grass I got two with this trait so hoping to find out)
  • Bugfix: Animals can now breed when slightly hungry.
  • Change: The manage animal menu will no longer close when selecting options like un-tame or un-brand and will instead reopen the animal manage window after. ( ty omg)

--------

Congrats!!

• New: Added the new title for 100 Large Metal Shield. Congratulations Neowyn!

-------

• Negative traits no longer get a bonus to pass down to offspring. ( not sure how about this one. it does explain why they kept passing on more then the actual dominate trait on the test pair tho.)

started another spreadsheet round two here we go! I have a lot less animals then the previous spreed sheet. The ones listed here are the only decent ones I kept from the results bred from previous patch. Which is kinda sad considering just how many pairs I bred and the given the results I got.

please work as intended patch

Spoiler

the not fat sheep was on packed enchanted grass and I spaced that fact when breeding her so heres hoping she survives it xD.

All sheep listed are not inbred. are black, are hilariously useless traits :D. they are in the list because I want to see what happens with the draft/speed traits. basically I want to know if they roll off with the new change and what happens if they dont. Also not a bad way to test color inheritance since black sheep are kinda notorious for being hard to pass on. but I saw a noticeable improvement from the last color chance tweek. went from like 1/6 to 1/4. guess we will see if that changes.

9LYowhY.png

I no longer have bison aside from one lone 3 draft male and my classics are dead. I plan on getting some donkeys to see how going from scratch will look. we got a person focusing deer and another cows/bulls. the results are going to be interesting.

also side note on packed grass I noticed it mostly showed up right after an animal aged up from baby to adult. so that is also going to be interesting to see if that got touched.

edit woops missed the date time on the last pair. but its close enough to the others I dont care enough to reupload.

Edited by Yserin

Sign in to follow this