Sign in to follow this  
LudwikVonGrass

Community Project

s?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This is my idea for a project to begin - it's optional and can get more peoples engaged, my english is not quite well but I will do my best to let you know what all about it.

How many times you sitting in your house, fully furnished waiting for someone who will talk to you, write or even drink some orange juice or a beer and tell you a nice story from his wurming life, this project is all about getting some Roleplay activity to every village, but not everyone can know what's all about this Roleplay right? soo lets begin - what is it ? 

Roleplay is playing and acting like you would be inside the world of Wurm, you act it as a real life and you can't get out of the role, you must keep the history, biography of your character soo you can't say - I can't drink this orange juice becourse I don't have premissions - you should say, It would be great to taste this nice orange juice but it's pretty cold durning night and it froze, I will wait some time till I will be able to drink it. 

The way of conversation, the way of acting will get you closer and closer to your character, own history and will make your game in village more and more colourfull. 

Soo... GENERAL RULES

1. You act like in real like you would just be in game inside your character.
2. when you do something you can use /me getting up his hand to get off the hat on his head - to not get hat dissapear after a click.
3. You write a history of your character, biography and you can tell stories to other's to let other know you more and achievments in Wurm Life.
4. You can do it whenever you want to do you don't really have to be a full time roleplayer!
5. Try it and you will see how much funny situations will happen.

6. You don't need to use voice you can just use it as chat.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Okay Lud, what we as community will get for doing it? 

Good question, WE as community will have chances to start in huge roleplay scene in games that leads to thousands of viewers and also bring some peoples that want to make own history, videos. Those times we live in all around internet and playing online, we have a huge sandbox over here and we can show new players that this game not only led to building, skilling, hunting and such things we can make them write their own history their own journey and we all will write the huge history that will make all peoples closer, your fancy houses, villas, castles or a simple shed will hopefully get some more life when somebody will came to you to drink with you or eat. 
The possibility of this is huge 
1. Drama
2. Comedy
3. Romantics
Everyone will have a possibility to write and get inside the journey of Wurm, take the hands to not treat Wurm only as a game but also as a book where you are a writer and you let peoples read about you, now young generations stopped reading books (not everyone) but also this is what they read look at some other games where Roleplay exist it get popular peoples like stories, they like to see how game characters getting a live and have own story 

Wouldn't it be nice if you play this game for such a long time - or maybe you are a beginner to push some life for your character, make it alive, make neighbours, make something special and the game will not be only a game but something more, will mean more than just a game and you will help community to raise, get new peoples that want to roleplay in Fantasy - medieval style ages, and we will give them support and avaibility to do it. Think about it. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Soo in General - again. 

Roleplay will get your game more alive with more history.
It will bring other style base of players who will want to have fun
It will be able to make a series, films and such if there will be much peoples who like to do it
You will bring a piece of brick to raise the playerbase 
You will give a little of self and you will get knew as anyone you will want to be know as

I started to write about new players - the tendency of new players with not really much interest is, join tutorial, somehours nothing to do exit -or somekind of that
much of villages know what I am talking about becourse I get in touch with some and they know how it looks - if we are giving new players thing ,,do whatever you want to do'' they don't know where to begin,
they don't know where they are and they have such much possibilites that they ending up building house with a question - what next? - The roleplay idea is to push the emotions and live in the game to make them feel that they are 
inside of something big that have history, that have a live characters and especialy that they can do it by self - build their history, rise emotions with others and have fun not only in skilling and building but als othe other things this will make them more interesting in terms of gameplay what it offers and what they can make, let em write on forum history, biography of their character's lets people know more about them and their life here in Wurm, what they did, what they felt and  what is their dream, they will spend more and more time and they will feel connection beetween them and their character that they made, they will create and form other histories of other characters by conversation and journeys, the game will not be now  the only game where you talk about life outside game or what you have to do or only ask on chat about help becourse you don't know how to do someting i will give you example. 
OOC(out of character) - its the way you write now without acting
How to make a shaft?
click two times on a carving knife right click on log and click shaft

IC(inside character - you acting now)

Hello strong men, I have such experience in carpentry
you will need a log of quite decent qualitty, you take carving knife into your hand
and try to figure it out how to shape a shaft from a log - if you will fail i will help you this will rise your knowledge about it

Of course not everyone will get if someone is new what you mean soo then you can write in (( )) how to make it, he will feel like 
your character talk to their character how to make a thing it's not now a connection player - player but a characters inside the game - isn't that beutifull ? you just 
created small history and maybe it will rise futher to other interesting history 

Soo lets give it a chance and try to push life into your houses, villages, characters... and remember to do it YOU DON'T NEED TO BE FULL TIME ROLEPLAYER

If you have any other ideas, opinions and maybe you want to repair my gramma, just write it over here I will be glad to get an likes and opinions from Admins, Moderators, Gamers etc. everyone who likes the idea.

• Like 2

I know not every wurmian is into roleplay, i have only dabbled with it in Star Wars Galaxies back in the day and i actually found it fun and made many new friends while taking part in it.

I hope it goes well for you and this becomes a community that grows and stories are told.

I'm sure its in the suggestions thread, but it would be good to have an optional RP tag option displayed by our name so that those roleplayers are easily seen.

RP is not for everyone but Wurms history created by players would make for some fantastic rp elements, long lost deeds, dragons, guards, prisons, bandits, which could all be rp'd

Anyway will watch with intrest as to where this goes , im on Exodus but i'd roll a RP toon on any server if the community grows.

Edited by Josuhacalvert
  • Like 1

I'd love to see an RP community in Wurm I think the potential for it is huge because of the blank canvas to start with and the customization with building not only our own storylines but our own world to play them out in.

The reason I accepted in my mind as to why it wasn't already a thing was that people are just too busy. Crafting, Improving, Building and skilling up can take up so much time, I guess something like this steals time away from everything else.

That being said if there is potential for a community interested in RP I'd love to see it thrive, has to potential to create good social opportunities and also gives a reason for exploring the map and leaving the deed.

I agree with the point that some kind of RP flag you could toggle on would be super useful if such a community was to exist in Wurm, but if thats not possible maybe some kind of community map based solely around Roleplay could work? To be clear this is not intended as a replacement or competition for existing community maps, its simply a place where Deeds and players interested in RP could add themselves to the map so others can see where they are.

Edited by HawkHawk
  • Like 1