Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: Creative Constructs Winners!

5 minutes ago, Archaed said:

It's another title meaning the same thing, community manager 

If it means the same thing, then why object to Community Relations Manager as the title?   Don't take me too seriously, but I am just looking at the plain English meaning of the terms - one manages a group of people while the other manages relationships with that group.

Because that's not how it works. 

Community Manager is an industry standard title with a clearly defined role. 

• Like 1

Finally I got a mail from G-Loot that I can redeem and withdraw my prize.

I have created a G-Loot wallet, sent all proofs that was required - some sensitive data requirements that seemed a bit shady but the 3rd party verification company seems to be an established one. I'm still always feeling very uncomfortable with such amount of data asked for - a withdrawal to a Paypal account (or even to credit card) target should be traceable enough already.

I have started the redeem process to my Paypal account afterwards, surprisingly the G-Loot site mentioned a two times up to 30 day time to contact "my bank" and then "deposit" the amount on the account. Again, paypal, not bank account withdrawal.

Despite the site mentioned I should receive an email that I started the withdrawal no such email arrived and the wallet is empty now after the withdrawal started. I could find no evidence on my G-Loot profile that any activity is in progress so - fingers crossed, I'll update here when something happens.

EDIT: also some bad tastes in my mouth: 1EUR deducted from my PayPal at connecting it to the G-Loot account (supposedly will be received back after that up to 30+30 days) and 2.5EUR deducted from the prize money for processing fees. Hmm...

I would definitely recommend to run future contest with ingame prizes...

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

Also got a mail from G-Loot. Created account, got prize on it, but to withdraw it, I need to gave them too much personal data (like my id photo or driver's licence, also my real photo etc.). It is some kind of joke?

In my opinion, just bank account number should be enough.

Prize should be assigned to my e-mail address I gave to contest creators. If I was able to receive the link on that e-mail so why I should gave any more data to some company besides account number?

125 euro is a nice prize but I won't gonna bother go through all this crap and share all my personal data in to the void.

I guess then, I need to resign from my reward.

Greetings form abandoned Desertion on abandoned Epic server on niche game of niche games.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 2

Sadly reminds me how in the EU, google is asking me for my ID/ credit card info to prove I am an adult if I want to watch a video on youtube about some contentious subject, such as Poland's border issue with Belarus.

Yeah, in the world of info leaks, cybersecurity nightmares, data breaches I'm going to post an ID and bank info online. Might be GCG is conforming to EU laws here to prove you are not a minor, in which case...sucks to be in the EU.  I mean I get why certain services as banking services obviously require ID verification, but mailing account or gaming account shouldn't be subject to such personal info in the first place. Literally zero justification. Sorry to hear that any further "rewards" are subject to revealing dangerous personal info. Will probably discourage people from participating in future. They should credit you at least 125 silvers in game, the ingame equivalent of 125 Euro. 

• Like 1

Still did not receive any email after requesting the withdraw to my paypal (not mentioning the transfer of the funds to my paypal). At this moment I feel like scammed for 1 EUR and my personal data.

EDIT: Logged a ticket at G-Loot and support emailed me just now that the withdrawal is pending for review. We'll see how fast it is progressing.

Edited by Jaz
Fresh info

I personally am not a fan of how Gloot has handled things and sincerely apologize. I do not feel that Gloot should be used in any future contests and that in game prizes would be best. 

• Like 14

Not only did I feel super uncomfortable with the info they require (sure, let me help you let hackers steal my identity more easily!), but I was clear from the beginning that due to where I live, it is illegal for me to receive a cash prize and would have to take my prize in in-game silver. Researching the site they are notoriously slow distributing funds like a pyramid scheme waiting for the money to be collected who knows how so they can distribute it to their "customers". So it's set up that I'm being forced to accept a cash prize through their sus website after proving with my driver's license, bank statements, and first born child that I really am the one breaking the law. With no option to just use the platform to purchase in-game currency.  Sucks, but here's where we are so many months later, that it seems the winners won't all be able to get their prizes after all.

Edited by Seriphina

yeah I feel the same, I'm strongly considering not taking the prize money at all :(  WAYY to invasive personal info collection for the identity verification. And G-loot has a less-than-great rep , on top of what Jaz is telling us. . ..

I dont suppose Wurm staff would reconsider ingame coin instead? . ....

I would put some ingame coin into a pot, if I had any.  I would also be happy to contribute items, but probably nothing I have would be up to snuff.  I have some skinned items (not great QL but still, skinned) that I would be happy to donate, but it does seem meager.

(I have some pretty saddles, but there is nothing unique about them).

Hmm, what about giving the winners in-game silver (which costs the company nothing, really) as well as a bunch of marks, and maybe some skins/gifts that aren't available anymore?

• Like 1

Is very disheartening to see this occurring. Appears to be similar to the old 'insurance payout' scam. Wondering where all the staff/devs are here, in support of the people who won this contest? Am feeling bad for Demona. Looking like she's getting hung out to dry alone. All the best Demona, keep up the good fight.

• Like 6

Update: my Paypal funds arrived in 3 days. There was a little hickup though, the original withdrawal got cancelled but their support mailed me that it was accidental and asked me to start the process again which was authorized in a few minutes afterwards.So in the end 72.5EUR of the 75EUR prize landed in my Paypal wallet.

• Like 3

I got the GLOOT email and didn't have time to go through the account creation process then.  Tried again several days later and the link no longer works. So I'll go without.  Was a nice contest though.

• Like 1

This comp looked like a fun old wurm activity, its dishearting to that this is the state of play.

Bit of a travesty if im perfectly honest :(

Fun competitions and events used to be the highlight of wurm, i hope everything gets sorted for you guys.

Edited by Crack
  • Like 1

Sad state of affairs, but I will steer clear of them in the future.  

I'll only participate in future events If it's handled in game by the Wurm team, I have faith in them but I'll avoid any company that makes its money off online betting. Not like they have any moral standards to adhere to in the first place. 

Time for coverup story?

New event with (gcg/ccab)Wurm prizes?

Easy to manage and control everything.

Story of withdrawal of my prize:

I also had the original link leading to an error page so raised a support ticket at G-Loot. They have answered within a day and after a few questions confirmed the link is not working and sent another link which worked and I could claim the prize money.

Thank you :)

I guess easier would be to cancel prizes of those who still not claimed the money and gave them silver in-game.

On 2/15/2022 at 12:20 PM, Wilczan said:

I guess easier would be to cancel prizes of those who still not claimed the money and gave them silver in-game.

That's already the plan that we are working out. We just need confirmation from Gloot on who has gone ahead with cash prizes and who has not. 

• Like 5

I also felt uncomfortable with the pure quantity of the information I was being asked to submit (in addition to not having some of it handy - do people actually get bank statements via paper any more?), even if I was considering submitting a GDPR-compliant data deletion request the minute I was done with them. Due the fact I'd have to probably pay to get the appropriate documents, I didn't collect my prize.

2 hours ago, Stanlee said:

I also felt uncomfortable with the pure quantity of the information I was being asked to submit (in addition to not having some of it handy - do people actually get bank statements via paper any more?), even if I was considering submitting a GDPR-compliant data deletion request the minute I was done with them. Due the fact I'd have to probably pay to get the appropriate documents, I didn't collect my prize.

No bank statement was needed I've submitted a low risk utility bill instead - and yes I've filled a data delete request the moment the check was done. No info yet though if it is done so after the 30ish day window I may need to report the eval company to the GDPR authority.

Anyway I advise all to wait and ask for silvers instead.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2022 at 4:10 AM, DemonaNightshade said:

That's already the plan that we are working out. We just need confirmation from Gloot on who has gone ahead with cash prizes and who has not. 

thank you so much Demona ❤️ did not claim mine due to safety/personal info concerns. would be SO GRATEFUL for in game silvers!!

• Like 1