Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

56km/h on my sailboat

So we had our Beefsteak at the community grill-out and I decided to sail home.  I crossed, in my sailboat with two passengers, from Release to Pristine and when I was logged into Pristine I was kicked off my boat.  This is usual, has never been fixed, except something new occured today :)   When I embarked as captain again my sails were set to Drift, so no sail, but I was instantly traveling 12kh/h.  When I hoisted sails all the way to full I was sailing just over 56kph/h.   It was not visual I was actually going that fast, I passed a moored-at-sea knarr at insane speeds.  Had trouble targeting it to see it's name was so fast.  Once I plotted course and crossed from Release back to Celebration, I logged in normally still in the boat and my speed returned to normal.

cyAL2YN.jpeg

Replicated in post further down but have no idea how.  I haven't been able to replicate it, but I'm sure with all the loose years old bugs with crossings I'm not the only one that's witnessed this? 

Wanted to report incase someone does figure out how to exploit this in the future.

Edited by Nomadikhan

This was logged as bug a few years ago as I remember and it happens time to time. It seems totally be random and only happening when you have passengers. I could not find any pattern, maybe a special constellation of lags when crossing serves?

Happened to me many times, even going 56kph on a knarr. Tried to reproduce but couldnt

Now going back to pristine to pick up a passenger that was kicked off, I can't get my boad to go over 0.25km/h under full sail in a strong wind from the North, I'm sailing westerly in this pic.  WTF is wrong lol.... it goes faster when I put it in drift mode because it's settings are out of sync.

NM5aFn4.jpeg

P.S. that's my now-not-drowning passenger in the ocean swimming to me.

5 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Yeah relog is our friend after server crossings :P

That's just it though, when we cross it's essentially relogging us from one IP to another.   And closing my client and relaunching shouldn't factor because I am truly server-side sailing 56lph.  I just crossed back to Cele and sailed the western side from the salsa straights area to my island in T8 in 5 minutes....  weirdest part is when I crossed back to Cele I started out at 21.xx kph and suddenly it started sailing 56kph on it's own again so I just rolled with it.  :P   I'm estimating I sailed from F-7 to T-8 in just under 5min time in my sailboat.

Edited by Nomadikhan

ohh that rocks! I have never seen 56km/h within a week again.

EDIT: WTB that lucky boat :P

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Oddly enough, I experienced this for the first time this weekend - also twice in two days:  once yesterday when returning to Pristine from the Black Dragon slaying on Deliverance, and again today when returning to Pristine from the Troll King slaying on Release.  Exactly three passengers plus myself as captain each time.

It's amazing when it happens and boy howdy does it feel amazing to blaze home at 56kph!

3 hours ago, Sidereal said:

It's amazing when it happens and boy howdy does it feel amazing to blaze home at 56kph!

I wouldn't blaze home at that speed, since this is clearly an exploit it could get you into troubles.

We are aware of this issue, but thank you for letting us know it is still happening.